Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Franchise: Teen Titans
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Cast

Comments

Fer3x3
said at 1:22 AM on Sat May 20 2017
Okay so this movie was cool but it could have been better!
The last 1/6th of the movie had slightly different animation that was smoother but very distracting compared to rest of the movie. Saving it for the big fight I guess.
My worst complaint, and it's something I kinda noticed in the other Teen Titans movie, was that I really enjoyed the actors but there was something off in either the direction of the acting, movie, or both. There was many awkward pauses in between conversations and the amount of "one-liners" didn't help with them either. Especially from Deathstroke.
It would have been nice if cyborg came out too since he's usually a titan.
Anybody else notice the pauses?
HyperVoiceActing
said at 4:35 AM on Thu Apr 20 2017
Anyone else sort of disappointed that Speedy, Kid Flash, and Bumblebee were essentially thrown away and never used again after the opening?
Abdullab
said at 1:38 PM on Thu Apr 20 2017
@HyperVoiceActing yeh and the fact they were yj reprisals makes this even more of a bummer
EPA Deane
said at 3:33 AM on Fri Apr 14 2017
To be honest, Even as a Massive fan of Marv Wolfman's Teen Titans run, I've always found the Original Judas Contract to be an Overrated Story that starts out strong.... and then falls flat in its ending/ aftermath.

The Slut-Shaming of Terra and Glossing of Deathstroke's actions just rub me the wrong way.

One Positive I Will give the Adaptation is the fact that the Titans don't blame all of Slade's actions on Terra.

The retcons to Make Terra into a worse person than Deathstroke always felt Hackneyed to me.
Troodon2
said at 7:59 PM on Thu Apr 13 2017
Well, I guess I should start with the positives; first of all the animation is really, really, really frigg'n good, plus the voice acting (for the most part) is pretty solid. The main protagonists of this piece (again for the most part) do have their own sense of whimsy and charm to them, and this story here does some pretty novel scenarios with them; as well as add some nods to Young Justice from the beginning, and even has some easter eggs at the end as well.

However that said, there are some problems with the film, most notably the two lead villains, Brother Blood and Deathstroke. Blood is a whole animal in himself, so for the sake of clarity I'm just gonna discuss my problem with Deathstroke alone.

First off, I am greatful for the late Miguel Ferrer's performance as Slade Wilson, his intimidating yet amusing tone really captivates the personality of the character... except this is NOT the same character we all know, Deathstroke in this movie, and the general continuity, is just a bond villain, an antagonist looking for domination back in Son of Batman, with little to no honor and dignity to him, and he's even a hypocrite; sure Slade Wilson in general is no saint (even hypocritical at other times) but at least he had a sense of honor, and he knows his boundaries, heck he even helped the Titans and other superheroes on several occasions. (much to their distrust of him of course) This, just isn't Deathstroke.

And of course the big problem a lot of people no doubt have, is that once again, this is set in the same universe as Justice League War... Look I'm not a fan of that movie either, and trust me I could do a whole review on EVERYTHING wrong with it, as well as several other films that came after; and yeah Judas Contract should be in a universe more in sync with the Pre-New52 continuity, since the context of the material for the original story would be more in favor there.

But as is, this movie is just okay, not awful, but of course not spectacular either, just decent if not mediocre at best.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 5:47 AM on Thu May 18 2017
@Troodon2 - Now I'm curious about your thoughts on Brother Blood
Troodon2
said at 10:02 AM on Thu May 18 2017
@HyperVoiceActing He seems similar in context to his comic book counterpart in extent.
skeletonking1234
said at 3:34 AM on Tue Apr 11 2017
I think it was okay. It was slightly worse than the first Teen Titans film they did prior, but it's not awful or anything, just nothing all that standout about it. Miguel Ferrer is a great Deathstroke, the action is okay, but the plot isn't all that memorable, the main villain is really forgettable, and I honestly thought Terra in this film kind of sucked, really bad. The way she was written just seemed really unlikable, even at the end nothing about her made me want to like her as a character. Christina Ricci is okay in the role, it's just the way she was written really didn't work that well.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 6:18 PM on Wed Apr 19 2017
@skeletonking1234 - "The way she was written just seemed really unlikable, even at the end nothing about her made me want to like her as a character."

So basically a perfect representation of her comic counterpart lol
skeletonking1234
said at 6:35 PM on Wed Apr 19 2017
@HyperVoiceActing In the comics I still feel like there was some (but very little) shred of likability or tragedy to the character. Here I really didn't care at all
nikipotamus
said at 9:33 AM on Sat Apr 8 2017
I'm happy to see that the three young actors introduced in Justice League vs Teen Titans have made great strides in defining their respective characters. But I think they were all eclipsed by Christina Ricci's Terra- I really can't find fault with her performance, though this version took a while to grow on me.

(And hey- Damian finally hit puberty.)
batcool
said at 9:26 PM on Fri Apr 7 2017
Just finished watching this film brilliant down to the animation, voice acting, writing and their telling of Judas Contract storyline standouts are Sean Maher as Nightwing Christina ricci as Terra and Miguel Ferrer as Deathstroke
Anicomicgeek
said at 8:27 PM on Thu Feb 16 2017
So, Jaime's parents are Hawkgirl and Sal Maroni?
nikipotamus
said at 9:12 PM on Thu Feb 16 2017
@Anicomicgeek I actually find it fitting that Theresa Russo is Max's mother.
Abdullab
said at 2:17 AM on Fri Feb 17 2017
@nikipotamus OMG, It is a Wizards of Waverly Place reunion. If they were able to make a way for Selena Gomez and David Henrie to be in the sequel, then we can have the trinity reunion.
Anicomicgeek
said at 12:52 PM on Fri Feb 17 2017
@nikipotamus

I was aware both of in Wizards of Waverly Place, but as I didn't watch that show, that slipped my mind.^^;
nikipotamus
said at 4:41 PM on Fri Feb 17 2017
@Anicomicgeek No worries, mate.
Abdullab
said at 8:44 AM on Tue Feb 14 2017
Sam Liu, Miguel Ferrer, the recent reprisals, I am calling it release day has a teaser for YJ Season 3
Abdullab
said at 11:02 AM on Mon Feb 13 2017
Did anyone saw the flashback scene it sounded like freeman and spisak returned for red arrow and kid flash wouldnt be surprised cus Sam Liu worked on YJ and Miguel Ferrer is in this
HK-47 master
said at 11:03 PM on Mon Feb 13 2017
@Abdullab The series has plenty of homages to YJ. In Bad Blood, there's a scene where Dick is working out and it's similar to how he did so in the episode "Downtime"; and in Justice League vs Teen Titans, Beast Boy temporarily turns into a genomorph.
Abdullab
said at 2:13 AM on Tue Feb 14 2017
@HK-47 master your right, not to mention the similar character designs but the true YJ is returning soon
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 12:36 PM on Sun Feb 12 2017
Sigh, I'd be excited for this if it wasn't shoehorned into the New 52 animated universe. -_-
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 5:07 PM on Sun Feb 12 2017
@TheVengeanceKnight Can something really be "shoehorned in" when it's very clearly and deliberately tied into a previously existing universe that shares an established storyline, art style and cast? :p
Francesco92e
said at 12:29 PM on Sat Mar 4 2017
@TheVengeanceKnight I will if I didn't know already that that batman braggart will steal the show from everyone again
GreenGoblin75
said at 2:18 PM on Wed Feb 8 2017
While I know it's hard to tell from one line, I'm already liking Miguel Ferrer WAAAAAAYYY more than Thomas Gibson.

The line in the trailer reminded me of Lance Henriksen's Grim Reaper.
dcmarvelanime
said at 9:16 AM on Wed Feb 8 2017
Here's The Trailer Debut Y'all^___^

HyperVoiceActing
said at 7:00 PM on Fri Jan 20 2017
Well what do ya know. A recent DC animated movie that's NOT trying to shove Batman down our throat.

Been a while, hasn't it?
HK-47 master
said at 11:13 PM on Thu Jan 19 2017
I hope the credits have "In Memory of Miguel Ferrer".
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 9:53 PM on Thu Jan 19 2017
Didn't Slade die after the movie the that introduced Damien?
Troodon2
said at 10:06 AM on Fri Jan 20 2017
@Music Meister There's probably gonna be some mystical nonsense involved.
TherealRNO
said at 10:31 PM on Sun Mar 5 2017
@Troodon2: Just like how Raven's daddy Trigon revived him in season 4 of the Teen Titans' animated series (2003-2006) where the original cast that also does Teen Titans GO voiced the Titans and Ron Pearlman voiced Slade/Deathstroke.
Troodon2
said at 10:50 PM on Sun Mar 5 2017
@TherealRNO Kind'a hard seeing that given what happened with Trigon in the last movie in this universe.
batcool
said at 9:28 PM on Thu Jan 19 2017
look Interesting Wonder How Close They'll stick to t The source material also it kinda cool were seeing red suit Nightwing and hope they use Damian less because he getting annoying
EPA Deane
said at 1:38 AM on Tue Feb 14 2017
@batcool Hopefully, Terra won't be as irritating as she was in the original story.
TherealRNO
said at 10:32 PM on Sun Mar 5 2017
@batcool: Considering Damien wasn't even ALIVE when the original was written, I'd say not much.
TherealRNO
said at 10:33 PM on Sun Mar 5 2017
@EPA Deane: Why? She's SUPPOSED to be a heartless, backstabbing jailbait bitch. That IS her character.
EPA Deane
said at 1:13 AM on Mon Mar 6 2017
@TherealRNO I know that's the intention but having read the orignal story she just comes off as an irritating scapegoat for Deathstroke's Actions.

Deathstroke coming off as a Tragic Anti-Villain being used by Terra to commit evil deeds rings really false to me.

These Blogs Articulate my Problems with the Original Version of Terra Better than I can:

DravenRoth994
said at 8:11 PM on Thu Jan 19 2017
I'm very saddened by the loss of Miguel Ferrer, but him voicing Deathstroke is something I can totally get behind!!
Shaun Ince
said at 7:41 PM on Thu Jan 19 2017
Are you sure those credits are correct? Last time I remember, Jake T Austin was Blue Beattle & Brandon Soo Hoo was Beastboy in the Justice League vs Teen Titans movie. Unless they decided to swap roles.

Anyway I am very interested in hearing Miguels final voice role. Miguel as Deathstroke/Slade is great casting.
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 11:26 PM on Thu Jan 19 2017
@Shaun Ince my bad on the miscredit. Thx, fixed.
Shaun Ince
said at 6:38 AM on Fri Jan 20 2017
@Foxwolf No problem.
skeletonking1234
said at 7:05 PM on Thu Jan 19 2017
Good to see Miguel get a shot at Deathstroke after I've wanted him to for years. Sad it was announced today though RIP
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Nightwing / Dick Grayson
Deathstroke / Slade Wilson
Raven
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Teen Titans: The Judas Contract characters.
Terra / Tara Markov