Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Franchise: Star Wars
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Cast

Comments

Darkness Dragon
said at 11:53 PM on Fri May 11 2018
I always liked the prequels. I feel the newer movies don't give that feel the first 6 had
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 6:06 PM on Sat Mar 11 2017
Rewatching the movie recently, I find Jar Jar more entertaining than I remember. Nearly everything is more entertaining than when I last saw the film in 2011.
JTurner
said at 11:35 AM on Mon Jan 2 2017
A lot has been said about the "Star Wars" prequels -- their faults, their plusses, how they pale compared to the original trilogy, etc. etc.. So where do I stand on this?

I do agree that the prequels don't stand up to the original trilogy; they do have their problems: occasionally stiff dialogue and acting, and lots of weak, unsatisfying scenes that last too long. That said, I actually liked "The Phantom Menace"... for the most part. It's not the worst "Star Wars" movie ("Attack of the Clones" is, IMO), but I do have issues.

As mentioned, the performances, aside from Liam Neeson, Ian McGregor, Frank Oz, Ian McDiarmid, and Anthony Daniels, are mostly bland and forgettable, and although the special effects are stunning for the most part, there are some moments where it seems as though George Lucas was getting a bit carried away with pushing CGI visuals, to the point where some of them look too obvious.

Unlike some people, I didn't actively hate Jar Jar Binks; he at least has a personality compared to most of the other newcomers. That said, he is greatly overused, and I think it would have been a lot better if Lucas had toned him down considerably. I'm neutral about him, but I do think he should have been restrained.

On the plus side, the pod race sequence is a knockout, as is the final fight between Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul, and of course John Williams' score is priceless. It's one of the lesser "Star Wars" movies and certainly not one I would give my highest rating to, but I'm overall neutral on it.
wdf1
said at 12:08 AM on Wed Nov 2 2016
I don't hate this film like everybody else, shore it has problems, but I look at good parts. I like the visuals, the action sequences, the music score and the performances of Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, Pernilla August, Frank Oz, and Anthony Daniels.
The Doctor
said at 11:39 AM on Mon Dec 21 2015
Always remember: "Jar Jar Binks is the key to everything."
Autovolt
said at 9:14 AM on Sun Dec 20 2015
"Star Wars: The Phantom Menace is is the most disappointing thing since my son."
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon
What is Patreon?
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks
Yoda
Watto
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace characters.
Jabba the Hutt