The Secret World of Arrietty

Has two English dubs:
StudioCanal (2011)
Disney (2012)
The Secret World of Arrietty The Secret World of Arrietty

The Secret World of Arrietty Cast

said at 11:14 PM on Fri Aug 23 2013
Not my favorite Ghibli movie, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Beautiful to look at as always, and the music is gorgeous. As far as the dub is concerned, it's not one of my favorites from the Disney Ghibli canon, but I had no major qualms with it (aside from the occasional odd-sounding line and a few moments were there were some gaping mouths. Bridget did a surprisingly good job as Arrietty, and honestly, I wasn't all that offended by David Henrie either. Yes, he sounds more mature, but if I could enjoy James van der Beek's similarly mature (but still solid IMO) Pazu in Castle in the Sky, then I could tolerate this. The warmth he brought to the part really shone through. Carol Burnett really steals the show, though, as Hara.
said at 8:40 PM on Sat Jun 15 2013
I love this movie! It's so simple, the characters are all fun and believable, and I loved the music and artwork! I haven't seen the British version, but I LOVED the voices of Bridget Mendler, Amy Poehler, Carol Burnett, Gracie Poletti, and Will Arnett! I thought they captured the characters perfectly, and really helped give the movie some extra life. Sometimes I thought David Henrie sounded a little old, but I wasn't bothered by it after a couple scenes.
said at 2:06 AM on Thu Nov 8 2012
I haven't seen the Disney version, I watched the UK one and I was so glad I did. Great 'other wordly' music, names stuck to the original Japanese.. just perfect.
said at 6:03 PM on Mon Feb 25 2013
@dreamer I have the DVD with the British cast on it, and I think that Americans would probably have gone to see it if the Japanese names were kept; the change was unnecessary.
said at 10:28 PM on Fri Aug 3 2012
I didn't like it :(. I tried but no...Plus I hated how Disney changed the names of some of the characters!
said at 9:02 PM on Tue Feb 14 2012
AAAAHHHH Studio Ghilbi have good dubs with celebritys, not disney stars (ponya had Liam Neeson nuff said) and overused actors (will arnett)
Search for "The Secret World of Arrietty style=" on