The Secret World of Arrietty The Secret World of Arrietty The Secret World of Arrietty

The Secret World of Arrietty

The Secret World of Arrietty
US Theatrical: Feb 17, 2012
US Home Media: May 22, 2012
Japan Theatrical: Jul 17, 2010

Animation Studio: Studio Ghibli

Popularity: 471st All Time, 390th This Week. *

Has two English dubs:
StudioCanal (2011)
Disney (2012)

The Cast

said at 11:14 PM on Fri Aug 23 2013
Not my favorite Ghibli movie, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Beautiful to look at as always, and the music is gorgeous. As far as the dub is concerned, it's not one of my favorites from the Disney Ghibli canon, but I had no major qualms with it (aside from the occasional odd-sounding line and a few moments were there were some gaping mouths. Bridget did a surprisingly good job as Arrietty, and honestly, I wasn't all that offended by David Henrie either. Yes, he sounds more mature, but if I could enjoy James van der Beek's similarly mature (but still solid IMO) Pazu in Castle in the Sky, then I could tolerate this. The warmth he brought to the part really shone through. Carol Burnett really steals the show, though, as Hara.
said at 8:40 PM on Sat Jun 15 2013
I love this movie! It's so simple, the characters are all fun and believable, and I loved the music and artwork! I haven't seen the British version, but I LOVED the voices of Bridget Mendler, Amy Poehler, Carol Burnett, Gracie Poletti, and Will Arnett! I thought they captured the characters perfectly, and really helped give the movie some extra life. Sometimes I thought David Henrie sounded a little old, but I wasn't bothered by it after a couple scenes.
said at 2:06 AM on Thu Nov 8 2012
I haven't seen the Disney version, I watched the UK one and I was so glad I did. Great 'other wordly' music, names stuck to the original Japanese.. just perfect.
said at 6:03 PM on Mon Feb 25 2013
@dreamer I have the DVD with the British cast on it, and I think that Americans would probably have gone to see it if the Japanese names were kept; the change was unnecessary.
said at 10:28 PM on Fri Aug 3 2012
I didn't like it :(. I tried but no...Plus I hated how Disney changed the names of some of the characters!
said at 9:02 PM on Tue Feb 14 2012
AAAAHHHH Studio Ghilbi have good dubs with celebritys, not disney stars (ponya had Liam Neeson nuff said) and overused actors (will arnett)