Pokemon: The Movie 2000

Pokemon: The Movie 2000 Cast

Narrator

Comments

WrightWay
said at 8:20 PM on Fri Jan 20 2017
The good news?

4Kids did a better job dubbing Pokemon Movie 2 than they did Movie 1, so that's some progress, I suppose...

The voice acting's good as usual in their dub, so I had no problems with that at all, but then again I never had this particular issue for several years with the dub until...well, I'll get to that sooner or later, I suppose.

4Kids also bothered leaving in one piece of Japanese BGM for Team Rocket, so that's another step up, considering the previous Movie's dub kept all of zero pieces of it intact, and the dub music they composed for this Movie's dub sounds like they at least *tried* to replicate the Japanese BGM in certain instances, unlike Movie 1.

Props to John Loeffler for this in particular, his take on "Lugia's Song" is very similar to the Japanese music- we certainly haven't gotten this kind of quality in the dub music scoring since TPCi took over the dub when they do it, at least from my perspective.

Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWlwo0DBEE
English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqpXrDuLqE0

The bad news?

Instead of almost all the script being rewritten like last time, only about a quarter of it is faithfully translated, while the other three-quarters is changed entirely- this, again, is a problem because you end up hearing two different stories in some ways. I'd rather not go into it because it'd take a while to explain it all, though.

It's a good thing 4Kids began taking the Movie dubs seriously after this one, though.
WrightWay
said at 8:22 PM on Fri Jan 20 2017
@WrightWay
P.S. Good job on keeping the silence at the end where Team Rocket talk to Slowking, Movie 2 dub, at least you weren't wall to wall music like the last few have been.
kisa tiger
said at 11:04 PM on Wed Jul 9 2014
I'll have to admit, for being a long time fan of pokemon, I was 11 when it started out but I was just 15 when this movie came out. Still one of the best pokemon movies I ever seen, and I've seen all that's out. I love this movie a lot
tlemmens10
said at 8:43 AM on Sat Sep 29 2012
When I first saw this movie, I thought, where did Brock go, and then seeing him running past on a tv screen for only a second answered my question!
Zylphia
said at 12:37 PM on Tue Sep 18 2012
Funny story about this movie. This was the first Pokemon movie that I finally convinced my mom to take me to see. However, when everyone was finally dressed and ready to head out the door, we found out that our car was stolen...
Ruined. My. Day. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
A few weeks later, we eventually found the car, and went to go see the movie (FINALLY lol). And I loved every minute of it!
dreamer
said at 9:40 AM on Wed May 23 2012
this movie is amazing. I just saw it last night with my mum and step father. Truly amazing and just as amazing as I can remember it when me and mum saw it in the theatres when I was little many years ago. Still touches our hearts!
Lugia
Melody
Moltres
Tracey Sketchit
Zapdos
Misty
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Pokemon: The Movie 2000 style=" on Amazon.com.