Pokemon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Animation Studio: OLM

Popularity: 531st All Time, 603rd This Week

Franchise: Pokemon
Pokemon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life Pokemon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Pokemon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life Cast

said at 7:33 AM on Wed Mar 7 2018
And this is where the dub quality starts to sink a bit and so does the D/P legendary saga because this is without a doubt the weakest of the three movies.

Not helping matters is Tom Wayland's unintentionally funny performance as Arceus who sounds too cartoonishly silly to be taken seriously. I would have gone with Dan Green who's already in the cast... heck even Vincent D'Onofiro who they originally casted would have been interesting.

Good voices from this laughfest of a dub were Dan Green as Damos, Jason Griffith as Marcus, Rebecca Soler as Sheena and Wayne Grayson as Kevin.
said at 7:50 AM on Tue Feb 27 2018
The dub for this movie was terrible all things considered. Arceus sounded beyond goofy when he needed to have a strong commanding presence. Instead it was impossible to take him seriously (what was that JUSTICE?). Kent Williams would've been a way better fit and if not him than Dan Green would've been way better and he's already on the cast! It also didn't' help that James was beyond inconsistent and sounded like he had a runny nose most of the time. The way Arceus was pronounced didn't help either, and this is coming from someone whose very forgiving on name pronunciations.
said at 3:41 PM on Sun Mar 12 2017
Fun fact Tom Wayland said in a panel that Vincent donofrio almost voice Arceus could you imagine Kingpin as Arceus
said at 1:29 PM on Thu Dec 29 2016
I don't like how James sounds like a goofy guy shouting his lines all the time who has a cold or stuffy nose now in the dub: it's aggravating, and really stood out to me whenever the character appeared in this Movie. Even Ted Lewis' stiff, flatly delivered performance and AG Eric Stuart's shouting goofiness were better, and that's saying a lot, imo.

Everyone has said what I think of Arceus' voice in this, enough said.
said at 9:19 PM on Wed Jun 8 2016
Has Dan Green in cast.

Doesn't get him to voice God Pokemon.

Jacob M. Keene
said at 10:31 AM on Mon Dec 22 2014
Okay, I understand that most people who have seen this movie don't like Tom Wayland's voice for Arceus, so I have a suggestion that you all might like better: Maybe if Tony Jay was still alive by the time the English dub was being made, maybe he could've voiced Arceus!: http://youtu.be/Aa6NQfmTYM8

Who agrees with me?
said at 9:11 AM on Tue Dec 23 2014
@Jacob M. Keene Honestly, I think it would've been much too distracting. Jay has a very commanding voice, but I believe it sounds too deep that it wouldn't sound right on a design like Arceus. A voice more along the lines of Kevin Conroy's might suit him better.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 7:54 PM on Tue Dec 23 2014
@DreamMaster08X Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Okay so, do you think Tony Jay's voice would've fit for any character in the anime?
said at 11:19 AM on Thu Dec 29 2016
@Jacob M. Keene
I think he'd make a pretty good Professor Oak with his warm and dulcet timbre, but I don't think the dub would have a high enough budget under any company for his talents, personally.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 7:29 PM on Thu Dec 29 2016
@WrightWay True, and my comment was leaning more towards imagining if it did.
said at 11:17 PM on Wed Aug 6 2014
Oh and this is the first time I heard the current dub, Ash doesn't sound that bad to me and I actually like Meowth's voice but Brock, Jessie and James sounds pretty weird
said at 11:16 PM on Wed Aug 6 2014
Arceus sounds horrible he sounds more like a raging old man than anything else
Nightmare Crusher
said at 12:27 PM on Thu Mar 15 2012
Arceus sounded SO ridiculous. It was terrible.
said at 4:54 PM on Wed Aug 29 2012
@Nightmare Crusher Yeah, I heard some clips on YouTube and it was painful to listen to.

The English voices for Legendary Pokemon used to be some of the best performances in these movies but it seems like they have REALLY gone downhill as of late.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 1:07 AM on Mon Dec 24 2012
@Metabad Ah yes. I loved Phillip Bartlett's Mewtwo, Dan Green's Entei and Sean Schemmel's Lucario if that counts. Now we have JUSTICE! But hey, at least it wasn't the bizarre casting decision for the Japanese version.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 8:18 PM on Sun Jun 8 2014
@Nightmare Crusher @Metabad I actually liked Tom Wayland's Arceus voice, I don't mind if you two don't though.
Where The Wild Things Are Spotlight