One Piece: Strong World

Franchise: One Piece
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

Girlygeek43
said at 3:33 PM on Wed Apr 30 2014
I'm actually happy that some of these actors are back, from the crappy 4kids dub that is. Now before you shoot me here's what I mean. I didn't hate the actors who worked as secondary characters I just thought that they were casted as the wrong roles. Here Sean Schemmel was casted in a role that fit him perfectly in comparison to his 4kids roles that is.
Madness Abe
said at 1:29 PM on Wed Feb 26 2014
Love Scott as Shiki, especially the Jamaican sounding accent.
The Ear of One
said at 12:28 AM on Fri Nov 15 2013
well listened to the dub
they have energy
but Scott Mcneil sees to have an accent on Shiki, what is that
Sean is back again, well he is pretty high pitched but not as the original
Seandream91
said at 2:50 PM on Sat Nov 16 2013
@The Ear of One i actually really liked the accent surprised I did because I wasn't sure I would After watching the trailer. Ian Sinclair was great as brook and I really liked Sean as Dr indigo great job overall
UltimateSSJ4GokouEX
said at 11:15 AM on Sun Oct 20 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Glad to hear to Scott McNeil was casted in One Piece.
It's great to hear Sean Schemmel back on One Piece.
Fulgore2005
said at 1:55 AM on Sat Sep 28 2013
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
Scott McNeil as Shiki? Can't wait to hear that.

It's also interesting to see Sean doing a voice for One Piece again considering he worked on the 4kids dub.
OldSchoolFTW
said at 10:15 PM on Mon Oct 21 2013
@Fulgore2005
I actually really liked Sean's Helmeppo from the 4Kids dub, so it was a pleasant surprise to hear him as Dr. Indigo. He did a fantastic job with the role, IMO.
VocalChameleon
said at 11:21 PM on Sun Oct 27 2013
@Fulgore2005 Not only Sean, but I saw Michael Sinterniklaas' (4Kids' Mr. 9) name among the extras in recent One Piece episodes, and Jamie McGonnigal (4Kids' Eyelashes and Kuromarimo) provided the voice of Michy's right-hand man in the Zenny arc.
The Ear of One
said at 5:13 AM on Thu Sep 26 2013
gotta say never expected these voices.
Ian Sinclair, will he voice Brook in the series too? will brook sing english songs?
and Sean and Scooty? seriously?
ah well, glad to see the voices at last.
doodleboy
said at 8:47 PM on Sun Sep 22 2013
Funimation should've just went ahead and dubbed episode 0 and release it alongside this. After all, I doubt Scott or Sean can reprise their roles as the two again when that time comes. It'll suck more if they don't release episode 0 at all.
Seandream91
said at 1:20 AM on Tue Sep 24 2013
@doodleboy well considering episode 0 wasn't done by toei animation it was going to be difficult to gets the rights tonight the people in Japan never got episode 0 with strong world so the odds were slim for us in the first place
LordofEvil96
said at 3:31 PM on Tue Sep 10 2013
Whoa, Scott McNeil doing some anime dubbing again? Thank god. Here I was thinking ocean and any of their voice actors were pretty much done dubbing anime
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 4:49 PM on Tue Sep 10 2013
@LordofEvil96 It's not that the Vancouver players are done doing anime. It's just that Funimation's taking most if not all the big jobs in that field these days.

Regardless, I'm incredibly curious as to how McNeil managed to get into this one. I know he did Fullmetal Alchemist as a favor to Vic Mignogna and he most likely did Samurai 7 because the recording for that was in a really close timeframe to FMA and he happened to be in the area at the time, but I'm at a loss as to what could've drawn him into this.
LordofEvil96
said at 4:57 PM on Tue Sep 10 2013
@CatsTuxedo Same here, hopefully he'll start to work more with Funimation, it feels like he doesn't get enough anime work these days.
doodleboy
said at 5:25 PM on Tue Sep 10 2013
@CatsTuxedo In the funimation box sets for One Piece and the movie Summer Wars, Mike Mcfarland, (the adr director) said he is the only guy at funimation who is willing to hire anyone from any part of North America to do a role he thinks it should be given to. He is, of course, paying for their travel expenses and with that said he is amazing and the reason he's my #1 favorite adr director.
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 5:37 PM on Tue Sep 10 2013
@doodleboy Ah, cool. :)

Now if only he had been around for Shakugan no Shana :P
doodleboy
said at 5:54 PM on Tue Sep 10 2013
@CatsTuxedo while that does sound good in a way, flying every Canadian voice actor to Texas would likely cost more than simply outsourcing it to a Canadian studio. Besides, I don't think adr directors are the ones who do the outsourcing anyway. Even so, Chris Bevins (shana's adr director) was quite good at getting suitable replacements.
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 6:48 PM on Tue Sep 10 2013
@doodleboy Ah, right, outsourcing was what I meant anyway -_-;
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 7:45 AM on Thu Sep 12 2013
@CatsTuxedo Ah yes, in my opinion, Mike McFarland seems to have the highest standards for FUNimation dubs. He seems to be one of the only ones to make out-of-the-box casting decisions like this (the acting in his dubs always sounds more passionate to me as well), which makes for a more engaging, robust dub. If he had directed Shana, I'm fairly certain the casting decisions would have been at least noticeably more interesting and engaging.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 7:52 AM on Sat Sep 14 2013
@PsychicVoiceSpy "If he had directed Shana," I meant to specify seasons two and three which were done by Funimation and not Ocean.
immblueversion
said at 5:19 PM on Sun Sep 15 2013
@doodleboy Does this mean he's directing the dub of Phoenix Priestess instead of Tyler Walker? Because that movie has the likes of Jessica Calvello, a New York-exclusive.
doodleboy
said at 5:50 PM on Sun Sep 15 2013
@immblueversion I doubt it. Even though I said Mike was the only person, I didn't mean it in that context. Some directors might get someone elsewhere if they have the opportunity. For example, if someone goes on vacation or visits a Dallas convention. The best example is Kyle Hebert who goes to Dallas every year for conventions and gets small parts in funi titles. This might've been the case for Jessica.
Dustinman2012
said at 3:22 PM on Tue Sep 10 2013
Sean Schemmel is back in One Piece!
VocalChameleon
said at 1:46 PM on Thu Mar 21 2013
I can't wait for this to be released!!
Jarred95
said at 3:09 AM on Tue Sep 4 2012
Who do you think is going to play Shiki in the dub?
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 5:52 PM on Sat Sep 8 2012
@Jarred95

Maybe Ric Spiegel?

He has a pretty good villain voice and has done a bit of anime for Funimation in the past (additional voices).

Most of FUNi's older VAs have already voiced significant characters in the TV series dub, but I guess multi-casting is still possible if that's what Mike McFarland wants.
Jarred95
said at 10:07 PM on Sun Sep 9 2012
@Jackson_H
Wow someone responded, and yeah i can't wait for this movie to be dubbed. Who do you think will play Brook. My money's on Jerry Jewell
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 10:33 PM on Sun Sep 9 2012
@Jarred95

Huh. I never even considered Jerry Jewell before but now that I think about it, I think it would be great if he voiced Brook! :)

IMO it would also be bitter sweet compensation for him. Getting to voice a character for hundreds of episodes for the next few years; something he would already be doing if Funimation hadn't canceled Case Closed...
Jarred95
said at 11:24 PM on Mon Sep 10 2012
@Jackson_H Whenever I watch the Japanese version I always try to think who can play who What do you think about these VA predictions
Kokoro: Wendy Powell Akainu: Jason Douglas
Tom: Bryan Massey Iceberg: Ian Sinclair
Chimney: Cherami Leigh Dr Hogback: Chris Cason Moria: Vic Mignogna Bonney:Clarine Harp
Boa Hancock: Jamie Marchi or Lydia Mckay.
some input would be nice please.
Jarred95
said at 5:26 PM on Thu Oct 11 2012
@Jarred95 Well, so far my water 7 voice predictions were wrong -_-
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 12:11 AM on Wed Dec 12 2012
@Jarred95

Apparently Jerry Jewell isn't voicing Kaku in the anime dub. Maybe his odds of voicing Brook just increased? :P
VocalChameleon
said at 1:45 PM on Thu Mar 21 2013
@Jarred95 Yeah, I wasn't expected as many new VAs in the Water 7 arc. However, for what we got, I think they do a good job!

Also, I think Lydia Mackay would be able to play Hancock better.

A favorite Movie
for 18 members.
Latest Reason:

"Great movie written by the manga creator Eiichiro Oda himself, loved the story and I loved the Funimation Dub and Japanese version"

- Andy15Tran