If you have an @hotmail, @live, @msn, or @outlook email, please change it if you wish to receive emails from BTVA. Microsoft has tightened its spam filters and many emails from places like BTVA (and other sites not on your Contacts list) may be blocked from ever arriving in your Inbox.
Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
US Theatrical: Jun 1985
US Home Media: Dec 1985
Japan Theatrical: Mar 04, 1984

Animation Studio: Studio Ghibli

Popularity: 176th All Time, 364th This Week. *

Has two English dubs:
New World Video (1985, titled "Warriors of the Wind")
Disney (2005)

The Cast

Jacob M. Keene
said at 6:15 PM on Sat May 16 2015
This is definitely super awesome, and Alison Lohman did a great job voicing NausicaƤ! Hayao Miyazaki, you did a great job making this movie, and I'd definitely like to see more of your movies!
said at 10:39 AM on Fri Feb 21 2014
And to think this movie was once known in America as "Warriors of the Wind," a 95-edited travesty that turned Miyazaki's 118 minute ecological epic into a dumbed down kids' adventure. Thank goodness Disney rescued this and gave it the care it deserves. While I do have a few minor quibbles about the dub (Shia LaBeouf is the weakest link, and while Alison Lohman is good for the most part, I did detect some parts where she seems a little hoarse -- not enough to drag down her performance though), Patrick Stewart is undeniably good in it as are most of the rest of the cast. (That said, I like Mark Hamill better as Muska than as the Mayor of Pejite in this film, but he still does a fine performance here.) This movie can be seen as sort of a blueprint for Miyazaki's later "Princess Mononoke", in that many of the themes and character archetypes are similar. There are differences, though: the heroine is the lead character, not the male, and the "Lady Eboshi" style character, Kushana, is less redeeming than the latter film -- while she has a tragic past, she's more bitter and unlikeable, but I think that's the point. It's almost hard to tell this one was made in 1984, because frankly, it's still gorgeous to look at -- and occasionally gritty, especially the scenes of the toxic jungle and its monstrous insects. Nonetheless, this is a movie that still holds up well after its initial release in 1984.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 6:05 AM on Fri Aug 8 2014
@JTurner *released in 1984.
said at 5:15 PM on Fri Jan 24 2014
I still have yet to see this movie, but I know there will be one thing that'll make this worth a viewing alone.

Tony Jay's narration.
said at 5:39 PM on Fri Jan 24 2014
@DreamMaster08X Too bad his narration lasts less than a minute right at the beginning of the movie... at least I think that's how long it lasts.

But, you also get an awesome Patrick Stewart performance and Nausicaa and Lord Yupa are both hardcore BA's. I think you'll enjoy it.
said at 5:55 PM on Fri Jan 24 2014
@PsychicVoiceSpy I figured that'd be the case. But I still say it's worth it.
The Doctor
said at 9:41 AM on Sat Mar 8 2014
@DreamMaster08X Don't forget Patrick Stewart as one of the main characters!
Jacob M. Keene
said at 6:03 AM on Fri Aug 8 2014
@DreamMaster08X Also Jodi Benson, and I'd also like to see it for Tony Jay's opening narration!