My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)

My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)
US Theatrical: Oct 06, 2017

Animation Studio: DHX Media

Popularity: 147th All Time, 12th This Week

Franchise: My Little Pony
My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)

My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) Cast

Comments

kisa tiger
said at 1:19 PM on Wed Jan 11 2017
Wait, what happened to using the actual voice actors who does those roles? I know Tara and Tabitha actually voices those pony
SpongeBat1
said at 6:41 PM on Wed Jan 11 2017
@kisa tiger Um... they are voiced by the actual VAs.
immblueversion
said at 6:17 AM on Fri Jan 13 2017
@kisa tiger What gave you the impression that the actual voice actors aren't in this movie? They're listed right on this page...
Coolpika1
said at 8:50 AM on Wed Jan 25 2017
@kisa tiger Yeah like what are you even talking about? the original voices STILL and ALWAYS HAVE voiced the ponies
JonSeitz114
said at 2:25 PM on Sun Aug 21 2016
Who wants to place bets that Liev Schreiber's villain is going to die?
Autovolt
said at 11:15 AM on Sat May 21 2016
Michael Pena and Liev Schreiber in My Little Pony The Movie.

Who actually saw that coming?

Especially Liev of all people.

I'm guessing he'll be the villain?

I mean the show already has another Sabretooth actor as a villain (Mark Acheson as Tirek) it'd be awesome if we had another one.
Lord Vok
said at 7:52 AM on Thu May 19 2016
What? Liev Schreiber? Liev Schreiber in a my little pony movie? What is this?
immblueversion
said at 4:06 PM on Sat May 21 2016
@Lord Vok What's so odd about this? The show gave us the likes of John de Lancie--one of the coolest recurring actors in any Star Trek series--and paired him off with a character I can only describe as the cross between Satan, Darth Sidious, and Cell from DBZ. If the show can do that, there really is no limit to the kinds of actors and characters this series can give us.
immblueversion
said at 4:56 PM on Mon May 16 2016
Last I heard, Pena and Aduba were only in talks and not confirmed. Does their mention in the Hollywood Reporter article mean the talks were a success?
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 5:22 PM on Mon May 16 2016
@immblueversion Looks to be that way
CaptainGrumpy
said at 4:22 PM on Tue Oct 18 2016
C O N F I R M E D

SpongeBat1
said at 2:12 PM on Wed Apr 27 2016
Oh hey, the release date got bumped up.

Probably a smart idea, considering the original date was the same day as Thor: Ragnarok.
immblueversion
said at 4:28 PM on Mon Mar 28 2016
Fun fact about Emily Blunt: her role in "The Devil Wears Prada" was the inspiration for Sassy Saddles. Now she has come full circle and landed her very own role in MLP canon.
JonSeitz114
said at 7:01 AM on Sat Feb 13 2016
Thankfully, they are taking the same approach the Ratchet and Clank movie is.
SpongeBat1
said at 8:19 PM on Fri Feb 12 2016
Hopefully we'll get a trailer sometime this year...
BayleyRose
said at 6:33 PM on Sat Oct 17 2015
So they aren't gonna be voiced by celebs.
THANK GOD!!!!!
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 9:47 AM on Sun Oct 18 2015
@BayleyRose When was the last time a theatrical film directly based off of a still-running TV series replaced the entire main cast?
yugimon135
said at 7:05 PM on Wed Nov 18 2015
@Scrappy-Fan92 Since Spongebob?
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 4:34 PM on Thu Nov 19 2015
@yugimon135 I'm afraid I don't completely follow.
TheCoolGirl
said at 5:03 PM on Sun Oct 4 2015
Hmmmmm
Autovolt
said at 7:40 AM on Sat Feb 14 2015
Finally a My Little Pony movie worthy of the big screen.

I'm sure we'll see brand new characters voiced by celebrity talent. I hope they are at least are well cast choices.
CartoonFreak666
said at 9:33 AM on Tue Feb 17 2015
@Autovolt I hope not because I'm a big fan of the Vancouver cast. Maybe there will be celebrities in the movie like John De Lancie and Wierd Al again. Other celebrities that would be cool to get would be Brian Blessed, Ben Kingsley, John Hurt, Tim Curry, Christopher Llyod, and maybe Kevin Costner.
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 3:11 PM on Tue Feb 17 2015
@Autovolt Even if they do decide to go out of their way to get a well-known name or two on board for this picture, it'll likely only be for one, maybe two characters. I don't see DHX straying very far from Vancouver-based talent when they've shown themselves to be so capable already.
CartoonFreak666
said at 4:56 PM on Tue Feb 17 2015
@CatsTuxedo I was hoping that there could be a connection with Watership Down and Freddie as F.R.O.7 with MLP: FiM. Most of my choices were based on those two movies (John Hurt for Watership Down and both Brian Blessed and Ben Kingsley for Freddie as F.R.O.7). Ben Kingsley actually narrated an animated 10 Commandments movie that had a Vancouver cast (also with Christian Slater and Elliot Gould). I just hope that they don't go for the route of The Jetsons Movie where they replaced one of the voice actors on the show with someone who was popular at the time (Tiffany).
Autovolt
said at 6:05 AM on Wed Feb 18 2015
@CatsTuxedo I'm hoping that's their plan.

There is no way I want to see the mane six replaced with celebrity talent.

Also I wonder what kind of plot this movie will have?
CartoonFreak666
said at 9:59 AM on Fri Feb 20 2015
@Autovolt I just hope that they don't go in the same route as The Jetsons Movie where Judy Jetson's voice actress got replaced by a celebrity who was popular at the time. I did some research on The Powerpuff Girls movie and from what I could understand, Tara Strong, Cathy Cavadini, and Elizabeth Daily complained that they weren't getting paid a fair wage and Warner Brothers threatened that they's replace them with big name actresses if Craig McCraken didn't pay them a higher wage.
Dogman15
said at 2:42 PM on Fri Aug 7 2015
@CatsTuxedo How about Kristin Chenoweth? Is she a "well-known name"?
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 2:59 PM on Fri Aug 7 2015
@Dogman15 She certainly has a degree of clout outside of voice-acting, so I'd say she qualifies.
immblueversion
said at 3:23 PM on Fri Aug 7 2015
@CatsTuxedo I'm wondering if they're interested in getting William Shatner because they want him for the movie. Having him in the show itself would be frickin' sweet, though. I can picture him as either a villain or Star Swirl the Bearded. And if they somehow get him in a scene with Discord, it'd be the closest thing we'd get to an exchange between Kirk and Q.
Autovolt
said at 9:34 AM on Sun Aug 30 2015
@immblueversion It'd be a good use for William Shatner's involvement having him voice in this movie.

and yes it'd be amusing if his character interacted with Discord/Q.
CartoonFreak666
said at 4:38 PM on Fri Feb 13 2015
I'm hoping that I get to see this.
SpongeBat1
said at 2:15 PM on Fri Feb 13 2015
C'MON IT'S TIME TO GET HYPE SAY WHOOP
BeeBeeCaptor
said at 3:02 PM on Fri Feb 13 2015
@SpongeBat1 whoop
Mroll
said at 7:49 PM on Fri Feb 13 2015
@SpongeBat1 Double-U aitch oh oh pee.
SpongeBat1
said at 7:22 PM on Sat Feb 14 2015
@BeeBeeCaptor NOW ALL THE FELLAS SAY WHOOP
skeletonking1234
said at 9:32 PM on Sat Aug 29 2015
@SpongeBat1 https://youtu.be/w9rwF2khUIY?t=17
CoolDoge
said at 4:29 PM on Sun Sep 11 2016
@SpongeBat1 yeah, hype
Rainbow Dash
Fluttershy
Twilight Sparkle
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) style=" on Amazon.com.