Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors

Franchise: Marvel Universe
Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors Cast

Comments

DisneyAnimefan1995
said at 12:06 PM on Sun Dec 17 2017
Just like "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the new "Spider-Man" cartoon that just came out this year this will be the third Marvel animated property to be voice recorded at Bang Zoom! Entertainment.

Aside from "Avengers Assemble" which is till, it seems like most future Marvel animated properties will be recorded at Bang Zoom! from now on instead of Studiopolis.
Shaun Ince
said at 2:45 PM on Mon Dec 25 2017
@DisneyAnimefan1995 I wonder why they switched studios?
DisneyAnimefan1995
said at 7:07 PM on Mon Dec 25 2017
@Shaun Ince I don't know but just as what as NCZ said on the Spider-Man forum discussion: $$$$$$.

The same thing could be said as to why Viz Media opted using Bang Zoom! for the "Hunter x Hunter" and "One-Punch Man" dubs instead of Studiopolis.
Shaun Ince
said at 5:40 AM on Fri Dec 29 2017
@DisneyAnimefan1995 I see. At least Avengers Assemble, which is still going, is recorded at Studiopolis, as was the shows like Agents of Smash & Ultimate Spiderman which were all in the same continuity.
yugimon135
said at 11:09 AM on Sat Dec 16 2017
What's this about?
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 3:53 PM on Sat Dec 16 2017
@yugimon135
Not much is known but the basic idea is that these heroes are misfits and have to ban together against Hala, the villain.
I imagine Captain Marvel will have a mentor role but that is just my theory.
yugimon135
said at 9:34 PM on Sat Dec 16 2017
@Music Meister When was this announced?
GothamRed
said at 10:45 PM on Sat Dec 16 2017
@yugimon135 Earlier this month
GothamRed
said at 1:29 PM on Fri Dec 15 2017
With the amount of time I spend on the Marvel Database, it's rare a project comes up where I don't at least recognize a character's name. But then this was announced and I saw this Exile guy and I'm like "Who?"
Shaun Ince
said at 10:09 PM on Thu Dec 14 2017
I'm glad to see that Kathreen Khavari is reprising Kamala Khan. She's one of the new characters from Avengers Assemble that I really liked & that comes down to her performance.

Definitely piqued my interest.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 7:29 PM on Thu Dec 14 2017
The fact we got more female heroes than males gets a thumbs up from me, I look forward to this.
Troodon2
said at 7:23 PM on Thu Dec 14 2017
Seems like a promising concept for a Marvel Animated Film, character designs look good and hopefully the animation will be better than their TV work.

Only downside though, at least for me personally, is that the majority of the cast here are prolific tv actors, and don't get me wrong they all seem like great actors, and Chloe Bennett in particular is good choice for Quake seeing as how she played her in Agents of Shield; as well as Tyler Posey as Inferno, Kamil McFadden as Patriot, and even Kim Raver of Grey's Anatomy fame as Captain Marvel. They're all good performers... except none of them are voice actors, or even celebrities who have experience in voice acting.

(although to be fair they did get Ming-Na Wen who voiced Mulan)

Only actual voice actor we see thus far is Dee Bradley Baker, but even he only gets to play the animal sidekicks in the project, but Dee can do more than just voice animals. Frankly I would have loved to hear Grey Delisle and Laura Bailey, and even Misty Lee return as Captain Marvel, Spider-Gween and Squirrel Girl, or even voice other characters while other voice actors voice their roles like Fryda Wolf or Erica Luttrell. Heck I always wanted to hear Laura's take on Carol Danvers, or even hear Kari Wahlgren take a crack.

Ah well, suffice to say I do think this looks like a promising film.
Shaun Ince
said at 10:13 PM on Thu Dec 14 2017
@Troodon2 Basically you're saying it's a double edged sword. I can understand why you would be concerned. You never know, they could surprise you.

Even some of the most bizarre choices can turn out to be brilliant. Justin Timberlake in the Yogi Bear movie, is one example. Unexpected casting choice that turned out very well. Very reminiscent of the previous incarnations of the character as well as the actors that previously voiced him.
Troodon2
said at 10:18 PM on Thu Dec 14 2017
@Shaun Ince I guess you're right, maybe I was just speaking heartedly as an avid voice acting fan but in either case I could be wrong, so there is hope they are capable of pulling a good performance behind the recording booth.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 8:58 PM on Sat Dec 23 2017
@Troodon2 "except none of them are voice actors, or even celebrities who have experience in voice acting"

Remember, there was a time when Frank Welker was just "some young guy wanting to do some radio spots".

There was a time when Tara Strong had no voice over experience.

"Why does Andrea want that Luke Skywalker guy as Joker? He barely has any voice-acting on his resume!"

;)