4th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards - Movies

SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

The Doctor
said at 12:13 PM on Sat Dec 27 2014
 5 Shout Outs! [?]
Kung Fu Panda 2, starring Jack Black - One of the most dramatic Dreamworks' movies.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 12:40 PM on Sat Dec 27 2014
@The Doctor Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

If you're being serious, I actually really agree with you.
The Doctor
said at 2:08 PM on Sat Dec 27 2014
@TylerMirage I'm 100% serious. That flashback man...

Althought saying my comment above out loud, does feel weird.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 10:43 AM on Wed Dec 31 2014
@The Doctor Exactly - that flashback. That's why I was like "It WAS legit dramatic!" An evil warlord wants to eradicate an entire species and rule the nation. That's pretty dark.

Although, I just saw "How to Train Your Dragon 2" and I might say that it rivals "KFP2" for drama...
The Doctor
said at 10:31 AM on Thu Jan 1 2015
@TylerMirage That reminds me that I seriously need to watch HTTYD2 someday. Heard a lot of good things about it.

But yeah, lately Dreamworks has really been stepping up their game. I doubt that they will ever again make a movie as dark/dramatic as Prince of Egypt, but is nice to see that they can do something else than dumb comedies (I don't mind dumb comies every once in a while, but it's just kinda sad how most of the mainstream animation seems to be comedies nowadays).
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 5:02 PM on Thu Jan 1 2015
@The Doctor I highly recommend it. Nice, crisp runtime, moves at a fair pace and as I've said, the feels will flow.

I'd say that "Rise of the Guardians", the two "HTTYD"s and even "KFP2" easily rival (if not exceed) Pixar's efforts when it comes to 'drama'.
Xymor
said at 3:44 PM on Mon Oct 21 2013
An awesome movie.This is what the first one should have been like,i said that the first was overrated and i stand by it.This one gave me what i originally wanted,its bigger and bolder,has a cool villain with a army on his side,and thank god im so glad that it droped the mean spirited humor from the first one and its by far the only instalment in the franchise were Tigress is likeble.Agai every one,with the exeption of Angelina Jolie,is well cast,and the best one is Gary Oldman whose deliciouly evil and twisted as lord Shen and a worthy,and probably even better,follow up to Ian McShanes Tai Lung.

If theres one problem its its poor atempt at humor,the humor of kung fu panda was always the series weak point even back with the first.I was plesently suprised how this movie took a darker and egier tone,with ufortunatly makes the jokes even more forced and unfunny,and they just break the mood,but thankfully they are few and spaced evenlly.

After seeing this i have high hope for this franchise,i hope that the upcoming 3rd movie drops this terible and forced jokes,and make it a decent and more serious adventure with only casual humor.

A favorite Movie
for 38 members.
Latest Reason:

"Such an inspirational movie. Especially for someone who is going through a hard time. It teaches you how to process and deal with issues."

- EmmieTMNT143
FAVE CHARACTER
Po
Shen
Viper
Boar
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Kung Fu Panda 2 characters.
Po