Justice League vs Teen Titans

Franchise: DC Universe
Justice League vs Teen Titans Justice League vs Teen Titans

Justice League vs Teen Titans Cast

Comments

larkchronicles
said at 8:07 AM on Tue Sep 12 2017
I thought Taissa, Brandon, and Jake showed some real potential here, and played off each other very well. I wouldn't mind seeing them reprise their roles again.

*Goes off to watch The Judas Contract*
Shaun Ince
said at 6:41 AM on Fri Jan 20 2017
So Kratos decided to become Ra's Al Ghul in his spare time huh?
GreenGoblin75
said at 11:28 AM on Thu Jul 28 2016
Any reason why Andrea Romano isn't directing these anymore?
Troodon2
said at 9:48 AM on Wed Aug 17 2016
@GreenGoblin75 She's only directing a few tv shows now and she's getting close to retirement.
Netherman14
said at 10:03 AM on Mon Apr 18 2016
Sooo, where to from here? which arcs can DC adapt now in animated form?
Shaun Ince
said at 2:48 PM on Wed Apr 6 2016
Kari Wahlgren is great as Starfire in this movie. I'm surprised she hadn't voiced her sooner.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 2:34 PM on Fri Jun 10 2016
@Shaun Ince She's a lot deeper than Hynden Walch though. It'd be nice to hear Melissa Fahn, CLM, Cherami Leigh, LJM, or Sandy Fox do this sort of character. Though I'm sure Kari is great.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 5:29 PM on Tue Apr 5 2016
This was one of the better DC movies.
It does have problems.
It feels like this movie is ignoring the previous devoplement that Damien went through and he is just portrayed as a Mary Sue.
The other major problem sadly come from the actor that plays Raven. First off, the title Justice League vs Teen Titans is hugely misleading, the vsing doesn't come until way past the half way point and it is just one scene. Batman vs Robin worked because at least it was Batman's views vs Robins even if they only fought once.
Anyways, the real story focuses on Raven and it really relies on you caring about her. Sadly, her actor just comes off as flat and even bored so it is hard to care what happens to her.

It has some good stuff, fight scenes are nice and some nice moments.
I say it is a solid C film.
Troodon2
said at 10:47 AM on Wed Mar 30 2016
Okay, after finally having seen the film, I can now express my honest opinion as usual.

Justice League vs Teen Titans, is yet another movie that absolutely frustrates me -- If only because I actually like the film even though part of me still thinks I shouldn't!

See unlike Justice League War or Batman vs Robin, this movie legitimately feels more like an actual superhero movie. Mind you the title feels more like a lie, since the two teams don't really fight each other very long; and the former team was possessed by Trigon so technically the Titans weren't fighting the JL... and it's probably best it was left at that.

The characters are set up rather decently, even though it didn't exactly explore the backgrounds of all the characters (Beast Boy and Blue Beetle) or how the group was assembled, and it doesn't try to glorify any form of violence or language (Though that Sailor Moon transformation scene with Starfire still turned me off) and much of the characters do feel more like actual characters.

If I did have to nit pick on a couple things, it's that Superman/Wonder Woman relationship, and it still makes me wanna gag, and their resolution with coming out of Trigon's spell is rather face stroking. That and how Damian was acting in the beginning! I get the film build his character up as it progresses, but it feels like the kid never learned any lesson from the previous animated movies... which brings me to another critique I have with this story and the other recent movies in general, their approach to drama.

See the people who worked on this wanted to create more pathos for their characters, and as we've seen here and in movies before or even since the New52 based films, they are really good at writing and storyboarding that pathos... except sometimes they play very fast and loose with the continuity in order to add said pathos; hence why it feels Damian never learns anything with every successive movie he's been in. So with the case of Damian's character in this movie, it's much better written role that helps to shed legitimate complexity and redemption... except it's still a blatant retcon that spits in the face of what we already knew about the character!

And that's my only, major problem with this movie, it is very well written, and it's very well directed and produced; and it makes you feel for Damian like never before in these films; and the same goes for the other heroes as it demonstrates why they're such awesome characters and deserve more respect-- but in order to do that, it needs the audience to forget everything we already saw in the other New52 inspired movies, to make them all act in a way that is completely contradictory to their former interpretations in JLWar, Son of Batman, Throne of Atlantis, Batman vs Robin, and Bad Blood.

And yet as a result of having to see Damian once again go through that same process, only to enact it with a new cast of characters that help shed much more depth and development, and seeing their struggles and emotions, and a more profound and even enlightening direction for the backgrounds of these characters... it's like your looking at a story about the original Titans! It's just so damn good... i-it's so frustrating!

So yeah, over all, I did actually like this movie! It still had it's problems both in story and from a meta perspective, but minor flaws aside it's still a good story with more likable characters, and even redeeming Damian (Yet it took him three movies to do so, four if counting this one... I do hope they're not gonna retcon it again!) and you wanna know another good thing about this film...?

NOBODY DIES!!

Yeah, no major or supporting characters, heroes or villains, are graphically killed on screen! This film does not glorify nor exploit death! There may have been civilian casualties but I like to think they evacuated before Trigon goes Kaiju on everyone. (Certainly a better villain than this universe's Darkseid and Ocean Master) I mean yeah there was a flashback to the devastation of the people of Azarath, including Raven's mother, but in context it was a well handled example of exploring the origin and tragedy of the character; and besides presently as this film takes place there are nor horrendous character or civilian deaths that would offend the interests of taste for the audience.

The animation of course was decent, as was the voice acting, though I though Taissa Farmiga could have used a bit more work, but as is she was a fine Raven; and there were even bits where Brandon Shoo Hoo's Beast Boy emulated Greg Cipe's performance from the Teen Titans animated series.

All in all, this is a good movie, not as good as the Pre-New52 films, but it still holds up.
GothamRed
said at 7:01 PM on Wed Mar 30 2016
@Troodon2 So you saw Linkara's Blue Beetle Retrospective I take it...
Troodon2
said at 7:10 PM on Wed Mar 30 2016
@GothamRed admittedly, yeah, so this mini review of mine is technically inspired and miring off that retrospect, but my thoughts on the film is still applied: I like it, but it's so frustrating because I shouldn't, because it acts like BatmanVRobin and Bad Blood never happened and it's still New52 based.
EPA Deane
said at 12:17 PM on Fri Nov 18 2016
@Troodon2 Blue Beetle shot Damien because he was a Big Dix :)
Troodon2
said at 12:39 PM on Fri Nov 18 2016
@EPA Deane I know.
EPA Deane
said at 1:06 PM on Fri Nov 18 2016
@Troodon2 I do like Damien Wayne by the way...it's just I could not resist making an AT4W reference. :)
Troodon2
said at 1:11 PM on Fri Nov 18 2016
@EPA Deane That's cool. I like Damian as a character to, he does have his moments to shine; but when he starts dropping the ball and lashing out at others, it's sufficient to see him at least some form of comeuppance.
Netherman14
said at 11:53 PM on Fri Jan 29 2016
Too bad DC didn't use the chance to get Batman a new voice actor.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 8:04 AM on Sat Jan 30 2016
@Netherman14 Why would *this* represent a chance for them? It's part of their New 52-ish animated universe, so of course they're going to try and get as many returning VAs as possible.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 2:54 AM on Wed Mar 15 2017
@TylerMirage That's just the thing, though...there are almost *no* reprisals in this movie - the only one is Steve as Lex (great choice btw) - when really it would be awesome to hear the 2003 Titans actors come back to work on story-heavy stuff as adult versions of the Titans. Also while I appreciate new takes, I also prefer consistency within single continuities. Supes VA wasnt bad in this; good choice & similar to the main one. I'm just curious why there arent more of the main ones.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 9:49 AM on Sat Mar 18 2017
@huzaifa_ahmed Except for the fact that they're using the previously established VAs of Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Nightwing.

Having the (great) 2003 Teen Titans voice actors reprise their roles for something that is obviously connected to the New 52 animated world just for the sake of having them reprise would've been an odd and jarring choice. The story is not related to the 2003 Teen Titans. The art style is not the same. They're obviously not in the same universe as the 2003 Teen Titans.

If you prefer consistency within single continuities, then I'm not sure what the issue is here. ;)
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 7:45 PM on Tue Jan 26 2016
Kari Dahlgren is great casting as Kory; she's actually closer to how I imagine her sounding in the comics (at least pre-Flashpoint)
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 8:52 PM on Tue Jan 26 2016
*Wahlgren, GAH! -_-
Autovolt
said at 8:57 AM on Thu Jan 21 2016
I wish they'd cut it with the new 52 cast but at the same time, I like the idea of Kari Wahlgren as Starfire.

also that moment that Claire Temple and The Punisher are now Wonder Woman and Trigon.
SmartyBoyboy
said at 8:10 PM on Wed Jan 20 2016
Sure hope this turns out better than TTG!
Shaun Ince
said at 7:40 PM on Wed Jan 20 2016
Kari Wahlgren as Starfire eh? Now that's a pretty good choice.
LordofEvil96
said at 6:43 PM on Wed Jan 20 2016
A theatrical release? For real?

Also, Punisher is voicing Trigon? That's not ironic is it?
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:39 PM on Wed Jan 20 2016
I'm kinda down for these new castings at least. Kari as Starfire is a great choice and their choice for Trigon is odd to say the least but hey, I'm game.
DC's animated movies have been kinda hit or miss and not even hard hits so here's hoping this works.
TheAdapter
said at 6:06 PM on Wed Jan 20 2016
No Donna Troy?
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Starfire
Raven
Beast Boy
Trigon
Nightwing / Dick Grayson
Robin / Damian Wayne
Blue Beetle / Jaime Reyes
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Justice League vs Teen Titans characters.
Beast Boy