G.I. Joe The Movie G.I. Joe The Movie G.I. Joe The Movie

G.I. Joe The Movie

G.I. Joe The Movie
US Home Media: Apr 20, 1987
Franchise: G.I. Joe

Popularity: 647th All Time, 681st This Week. *

The G.I. Joe movie was the first (and in some cases only) appearance of the following characters in the Joe Franchise:

Cobra: Golobulus, Nemesis Enforcer, Pythona

New Recruits: Lt. Falcon, Jinx, Tunnel Rat, Big Lob, Chuckles, Law & Order

Slaughter's Renegades: Red Dog, Taurus, Mercer

Many other characters appeared in the movie, but they did not have speaking parts.

The Cast

said at 5:30 AM on Fri Oct 30 2015
Goodness, this movie is so EPIC!!!!

Look at that intro!!!!

And my the fact that they use music from the third season of Transformers makes this movie even more EPIC!!!

And like the Transformers movie, the celebrities really do a bang-up job here!!!!

I particularly love Burgess Meredith as Golobulus!!! His radio experience really paid off here.

I just wish this movie had been recorded ensemble instead of one performer at a time, but that's a minor nitpick.

Some of my favorite performances in this movie come from Meredith as Golobulus, Don Johnson as Falcon, Charlie Adler as Low-Light (man, I'm amazed how badass he can sound, even if it's just a one liner), Shuko Akune as Jinx, Earl Boen as Taurus, Bill Callaway as Beach Head, Laurie Faso as Tunnel Rat, Hank Garrett as Dial-Tone, Dick Gautier as Serpentor, Ed Gilbert as Hawk, Zack Hoffman as Zartan, Kene Holliday as Roadblock, John Hostetter as Bazooka, Christopher Collins as ol' Cobra Commander, Gung-Ho and Ripper, Mike McConnohie as Cross Country, Poncie Ponce as Red Dog, Ron Ortiz as Law (Adios, adios, adios!!! XD), Lisa Raggio as Zarana, Neil Ross as Shipwreck, Brad Sanders as Big Lob, Ted Schwartz as Thrasher, Kris Tabori as Mercer (what a badass voice and delivery), Stan Wojno as Lifeline and good ol' Sgt. Slaughter fighting for the ol' U.S. of A. as himself. I mean, this movie ROCKS!!!
Polyester Funk
said at 12:39 AM on Sat Oct 31 2015
@Starscreamsfan All of the actors were recorded solo and not just the celebs from the main cast?

Burgess Meredith was great as Golobulus. Too bad he didn't do more voice acting.
said at 3:56 AM on Sat Oct 31 2015
@Polyester Funk Yeah. Buzz Dixon confirmed that in the movie commentary.

Oh yes. He was just wonderful. He did do a lot of voice acting, it's just that most of it was in radio.
Polyester Funk
said at 12:18 AM on Mon Nov 2 2015
@Starscreamsfan Ah, that's interesting. I wonder if that was a budgetary thing or a convenience thing.
said at 2:13 AM on Mon Nov 2 2015
@Polyester Funk Could have been budgetary, but I really don't know.
said at 12:57 AM on Thu Oct 29 2015
virtual revenger
said at 8:21 PM on Tue Aug 6 2013
I am probably the only person in the world who was disappointed in this movie.
said at 1:47 PM on Wed Jan 16 2013
Me & My Brother Watched the Movie a couple Days Ago. It was Kinda Cool. We even spotted Season Three Music of The Transformers in the movie.
virtual revenger
said at 10:23 PM on Mon Jun 22 2015
@Mr.Fennoy93 I wanted to know where you can get a copy of the movie's song?
Sgt. Slaughter
Snake Eyes
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following G.I. Joe The Movie characters.
Dr. Mindbender