Fist of the North Star: The Movie

Fist of the North Star: The Movie Fist of the North Star: The Movie

Fist of the North Star: The Movie Cast

Narrator

Comments

RetroPokeFan
said at 3:10 AM on Tue Feb 20 2018
Another Streamline dub that hasn't aged all that well but I'll be damned if I still didn't get a unintentionally entertaining kick out of it.

Though I do enjoy James Avery as Boss Fang.
Shaun Ince
said at 7:17 AM on Sat Jan 7 2017
James Avery in an anime movie? Now that is something I was not expecting.
GreenGoblin75
said at 1:35 PM on Wed Dec 7 2016
Despite its faults, I really enjoy what I've seen of this dub.
Fulgore2005
said at 4:14 PM on Sun Dec 20 2015
One of my favourite dubs from the folks of Streamline.

To this day, I still love the performances of James Avery, Michael McConnohie, Dan Woren and Gregory Snegoff.
JTurner
said at 1:57 PM on Sun Jun 5 2016
@Fulgore2005 Well it's great that you found something to enjoy out of this. I personally find this one of the studio's worst dubs. "Totoro", "Kiki" and even "Wicked City" were all much better efforts than this. To me this just sounds like a stiff, robotic, and all around wooden dub. The movie's not that great either; it strikes me as rather boring. I guess I'm just not the right person for "Fist of the North Star", but my impressions of it were not very favorable.

Still, if you liked it, all the more power to you. Enjoy!
Fulgore2005
said at 2:16 PM on Sun Jun 5 2016
@JTurner I definitely agree that the movie isn't as great as the original anime series. I guess trying to fit several story arcs in one film does lead in a messy story.
JTurner
said at 9:35 PM on Sun Jun 5 2016
@Fulgore2005 Yeah, I read about that. I guess that could explain why the film just didn't rub me the wrong way. I just couldn't enjoy it OR the dub.

Is the Anime series this movie was apparently cobbled together from really any better? I hope so.
Fulgore2005
said at 2:03 AM on Mon Jun 6 2016
@JTurner In my opinion, yes. The story and the original anime is much better paced.
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon
What is Patreon?
Kenshiro
Lynn
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Fist of the North Star: The Movie characters.
Lynn / Rin