FRANCHISE RELATED

SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 10:53 PM on Fri Dec 20 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I think Tim Curry, Robin Williams, and Tone Loc were the only reasons to like the movie, take them out and the movie is a lot worse.
Metabad
said at 12:01 AM on Sat Dec 21 2013
@Music Meister Wow, those are literally my exact thoughts on the movie too. Well, Tim Curry moreso than the latter two, but I digress. Those three were great in the movie and were definitely the best parts about the whole thing.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 8:59 AM on Sat Dec 21 2013
@Music Meister Good points, but I kinda like the animation. There were some cool visuals and colors in the movie, IMO.
Metabad
said at 10:17 AM on Sat Dec 21 2013
@PsychicVoiceSpy Ahh yeah, that too.
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 10:33 AM on Sat Dec 21 2013
@Music Meister I think Curry and Williams were good at what they were given for the movie, but I think they're weak tea in this movie compared to other voice-acting roles they've done before and after. If they were taken out of the movie, I don't think I would've noticed.

Tone Loc, on the other hand, would have to be the saving grace of the movie for me. The role is completely out of context and could've been cut out of the film altogether, but then I don't think the film would be enjoyable at all for me. As a kid, I never remembered him; at a much older age, his cameo makes me crack a smile.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 8:12 PM on Sat Dec 21 2013
@DreamMaster08X I agree that Robin Williams' character was mostly a pointless distraction.

But... Tim Curry had a song. That was one of the absolute highlights, IMO. Was his character a bit uninspired (outside of cool animation) and therefore rendered what little lines he had pretty dull? Yeah, but that dang song... I thought it was the most interesting part of the movie, personally. Take that out, and you remove one of it's only cool factors.
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 4:46 AM on Sun Dec 22 2013
@PsychicVoiceSpy I guess so. But the song did not do a THING for me, so that would account for my thoughts on it. If I wanted a better song by him, I think I'd rather look into the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 8:15 AM on Sun Dec 22 2013
@DreamMaster08X I've listened to his songs from the soundtrack, and they were good... but I don't know, everything from that movie that I've seen kinda creeps me out. :-P
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 8:37 AM on Sun Dec 22 2013
@PsychicVoiceSpy I haven't seen it either, but I did see his big musical number, and honestly, I prefer it 100x over this number.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 8:42 AM on Sun Dec 22 2013
@DreamMaster08X I think it's a bit more impressive than this one, but I like this song too, personally.
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 5:23 PM on Sun Nov 24 2013
I first saw this movie when I was in 2nd grade. I have to say... it's completely forgettable.

A while ago, I watched the movie for the very first time since the class, and when I watching it, I honestly did not recall ANY of these scenes that I had supposedly seen before. The characters were forgettable. The animation was forgettable. The music was forgettable. Heck, even TIM CURRY AS THE VILLAIN.... nothing.

The story... ...well, I think it's safe to assume that aspect is pretty self-explanatory.
rosebr10
said at 9:28 PM on Sat Dec 21 2013
@DreamMaster08X
I had a similar experience with the film, and Zak and Crysta were all I remembered. It's probably obvious to me in retrospect that I took the film at face value (the characters, the animation and the plot) and not the people involved (that's probably why I didn't remember Robin Williams as the bat).

With the niche it filled at the time I can see how this film could not fail to produce a cult following. I've always kind of known it would.
VctrBnsn
said at 3:03 PM on Fri Sep 6 2013
We saw this movie in sixth grade to learn about the rain forest. We also saw Prince of Egypt to learn about the Desert. It was a weird class.

A favorite Movie
for 25 members.
Latest Reason:

"A movie that should get more notice than it does."

- Ichigo341578926
FAVE CHARACTER
Batty Koda
Hexxus
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following FernGully: The Last Rainforest characters.
Batty Koda