Dragon Ball Z: Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan

US Theatrical: 2003
US Home Media: Aug 26, 2003
Japan Theatrical: Mar 06, 1993

Animation Studio: Toei Animation

Popularity: 518th All Time, 647th This Week

Franchise: Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z: Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan Dragon Ball Z: Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan

Dragon Ball Z: Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan Cast

Narrator

Comments

Ghosty404
said at 9:36 AM on Sat Jan 14 2017
Is Broly..

A. A genuine demon?
B. A true freak?
Or C. The devil?
Kioea
said at 11:58 AM on Sat Jan 28 2017
@Ghosty404 Or D. All of the above?
batcool
said at 1:40 PM on Fri Dec 30 2016
I like this film so much not only does it have a awesome Villain but I prefer this over the new films there i said it
Shaun Ince
said at 7:23 PM on Thu Jul 21 2016
YEAH! I WENT DOWN TO THE GARDEN!!!
GreenGoblin75
said at 11:04 PM on Fri Jun 24 2016
I order you, set him apart and eliminate this creature at once!!! Hmm? Blegh. What are you doing here Paragus? WHADAREYOUDOINHERE?!?!?!?
Nightmare Crusher
said at 5:35 PM on Thu Mar 3 2016
There's something weird about the animation in this movie that I don't think I've ever seen anyone comment on.

Whenever Goku isn't specifically doing something he has this weird, happy expression frozen on his face, even when it's completely out of place. It just bugs me.
UK-Otaku
said at 2:58 PM on Thu Jul 23 2015
Is it just me or did the name Paragus come from asparagus the vegetable?
said at 4:02 PM on Thu Jul 23 2015
@UK-Otaku Yeah, and "Broly" is based on broccoli. All the Saiyans are named after *vegeta*bles.

Literally every character name in Dragon Bal is a pun of some sort. (Though the English versions tend to mess them up.)
Shaun Ince
said at 8:20 AM on Sun Jan 1 2017
@NCZ Ibterestingly enough, in the Englidh dub of the movie, Roshi actually calls Broly by the name he was based off of.
Shaun Ince
said at 8:22 AM on Sun Jan 1 2017
Let me rephrase that. Roshi calls Broly by the "vegetable" that his name is based off of.
Maayu
said at 8:03 PM on Mon Dec 8 2014
This is on my top ten least favorite movies along with other DBZ movies, but those don't have the sin of turning my favorite character into a giant coward saying "There's no way to beat him, we'll all die! We have to run!" That is NOT Vegeta. It boggles my mind how they thought this was how he would act, I mean, what were they thinking!? I just don't understand, and I hated Broly because he seemed so bland, just another absolute evil character with depth. Goku did get be funny, but everything else was just so wrong.
TheUltimatePhantom1
said at 4:16 AM on Tue May 5 2015
@Maayu Yet, it was perfectly fine when he cowers at Beerus' feet, who is literally just an animalized Broly... You say Vegeta would never act this way, and yet him losing his will to fight against Frieza, Beerus, and even Cell, seems perfectly fine? And besides that, this is the movie where Piccolo is at his most badass, a breath of fresh air, since it's usually Saiyan characters getting the "Hero" spotlight, which yes, Goku ends up doing, but it's much more satisfying than the Kid Buu battle, since the deaths weren't even sad.. Seeing Piccolo berating Vegeta for his cowardice (Which he has done even before this movie, and yet, no mention of it was brought up..) is a load off the backs of people who are actually fond of non-Saiyan characters.. Broly's a bland villain? Um, there are a lot of other villains (DB or not) who are even worse in that regard.. Admittedly, his reason for hating Goku is pretty trivial, but they always say, never assume, because it makes an ass out of you and me.. And yes, Vegeta has acted like this, and actually did fight Broly later on.. If the only problem is that Vegeta actually realizes Broly's power (Being stronger than Goku at this point, I might add) because it's in the title: "Legendary Super Saiyan"...

I don't mean to offend, just Saiyan...
The Doctor
said at 5:26 AM on Tue May 5 2015
@TheUltimatePhantom1 I personally feel that Piccolo was more badass in Cooler's Revenge. Dude slaughtered all the henchmen villains in a pretty cool fight.
TheUltimatePhantom1
said at 6:53 PM on Fri May 8 2015
@The Doctor To me, it seems pretty awesome when Piccolo is just berating Vegeta for endlessly ****ting himself... Even to the point of grabbing him by the hair, as well.. If this is Vegeta that Piccolo is besmirching, and down-talking, Piccolo's a badass...
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Broly
Goku Son / Kakarot
Vegeta
Piccolo
Paragus
Gohan Son
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Dragon Ball Z: Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan characters.
Krillin