Dr. Seussí How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Dr. Seussí How the Grinch Stole Christmas
US Theatrical: Nov 09, 2018

Animation Studio: Illumination Entertainment

Popularity: 894th All Time, 233rd This Week

Franchise: Grinch
Dr. Seussí How the Grinch Stole Christmas Dr. Seussí How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Dr. Seussí How the Grinch Stole Christmas Cast

Comments

Soul-dragon
said at 11:14 AM on Thu Mar 8 2018
In recent news the trailer for this just dropped and I'm seeing multiple bad signs. Benedict Cumberbatch does a great job with the Grinch and I'm looking forward to his performance but the outdated pop song was jut so unneeded not to mention there are so many of Illumination's dumb tropes...I'm also getting sick of the minions. At first they were kind of cute but the novelty is really beginning to wear thin.
The Doctor
said at 10:34 AM on Mon May 1 2017
I actually had a dream about this movie. In the dream, I was watching a behind-the-scenes featurette of the movie where it was revealed that Grinch wouldn't just have Max, but a whole entourage of funny animal sidekicks... and all of them would be voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch O_O
maddyspeer29
said at 9:52 PM on Sun Sep 4 2016
No! I wanted Jim Carey!
LordofEvil96
said at 12:26 PM on Wed Jun 8 2016
I'm kinda surprised the comments section isn't full of rhymes about this movie.
itsmedeadpool
said at 12:13 AM on Thu Jun 9 2016
@LordofEvil96 It isn't beyond our expectation to make rhymes so, glorious, magnificent, and a little bit LOONEY.
LordofEvil96
said at 11:03 AM on Thu Jun 9 2016
@itsmedeadpool I see what you did there, and I like it quite a bit. Regardless, I'm sure this film will be a mass hit. It's main star and animation studio give me quite a bit of hope. much more than those two live action films, what were those filmmakers on, dope?
GreenGoblin75
said at 12:08 PM on Thu Jun 9 2016
@LordofEvil96
"Stop that rhyming and I mean it!"
LordofEvil96
said at 2:17 PM on Thu Jun 9 2016
@GreenGoblin75 "Anybody want a peanut?"
Hayworth
said at 10:46 PM on Thu Apr 14 2016
Well, I suppose this was necessary. I mean, when was this story ever adapted into a movie?
MegaMike1990
said at 1:21 AM on Sun Apr 24 2016
@Hayworth

There was that bad live-action Jim Carrey version, but I digress from the subject.
MegaMike1990
said at 1:22 AM on Sun Apr 24 2016
@Hayworth

Still, I have hopes that Benedict Cumberbatch will do wonderful as The Grinch.
itsmedeadpool
said at 9:07 PM on Wed Jul 27 2016
@MegaMike1990 That was a fun movie. Jim Carrey owned it as Grinch. True they added a back story to why the Grinch is grumpy and mean, but without it, and explanation would be in need.
MegaMike1990
said at 3:07 PM on Thu Jul 28 2016
@itsmedeadpool

I stand corrected. I guess my opinion was based on the Carrey version being more comedic than the 1966 version. I also think that me insulting the movie kinda insulted Ron Howard (who is a wonderful director for most films) as well.
Troodon2
said at 11:55 AM on Thu Apr 14 2016
Not my first pick for the role, but I still think Benedict would make a fine Grinch none the less.
Faved by 1 BTVA Member