Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
US Theatrical: Jun 02, 2017

Animation Studio: DreamWorks Animation

Popularity: 1,508th All Time, 27th This Week

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie Cast

Comments

TeridaxXD001
said at 4:17 PM on Sun Apr 23 2017
Not trilled about it being CGI, but I guess it's better than a grown live-action fat man in nothing but briefs.
SpongeBat1
said at 3:23 PM on Fri May 5 2017
@TeridaxXD001 I think that would have given it an R rating.
TeridaxXD001
said at 5:00 PM on Fri May 5 2017
@SpongeBat1 That wasn't specifically what I had it mind, but good point.
Stare at the Sun
said at 1:48 PM on Mon Mar 27 2017
Hopefully this gets Dreamwork's out of its slum.
Ghosty404
said at 12:53 PM on Fri Mar 24 2017
Oh god, my childhood has come back from the dead.
CelestialOuroboros
said at 7:06 AM on Thu Mar 23 2017
Ohmigoshohmigoshohmigosh! This is something...

that I would've been super hype for if I were still an elementary school student. In my salad days, I enjoyed reading the books in the franchise and was a slave to toilet humor, though seeing that the movie's only now a thing elicits little more than a "huh" honestly. Now at 21, my opinion on potty-driven comedy has sorta soured over time; but not to a point where it's rather loathsome, mind. Depends on the execution obviously.

That said, I'll probably see the film when it drops. From an animation perspective, it looks great and DreamWorks has done a nice job adapting the source material's visual style. The trailer got me chuckling a few times, have to admit. Mixed feelings on the chosen voice cast thus far tho; Kevin Hart as George in particular feels like a miscast. He did a great job voicing the psychotic bunny in Secret Life of Pets, but the difference is that one's a talking animal and here he is a little boy. On the other hand, I think Ed Helms, Nick Kroll, and (to a lesser extent) Jordan Peele are fine choices for their respective roles.

Tl;dr: Basically the movie seems promising and I'm thinking of seeing it when it comes out if only for nostalgic reasons.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 5:25 AM on Thu Mar 23 2017
Thomas as Harold isn't too off. Like Jason Ritter as Dipper Pines, he might not sound like the right age but will probably get the timing and comedy. And Jordon Peele could possibly do something funny with the voice.
Kevin Hart though...as of right now I don't think he was the right call.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:45 AM on Thu Mar 23 2017
Although Captain and Professor are pretty spot on.
WrightWay
said at 10:18 PM on Wed Mar 22 2017
I'm actually really pleased with the voice actor they chose for Prof. Poopypants, and Captain Underpants/Mr.Krupp's "Tra la la!" is exactly how I imagined it sounding when I read the books as a child, but I have to express the same hesitation with George & Harold VERY obviously being voiced by grown man- seems like they're miscast.

Still, I'm somewhat excited: this was a fun Series to read as a boy, so seeing it get any form of Movie adaptation is nice to me.
SpongeBat1
said at 8:38 PM on Wed Mar 22 2017
I'm not entirely certain about this voice cast but everything else looks great. Hopefully they'll do the books justice.
LordofEvil96
said at 5:41 PM on Wed Mar 22 2017
I loved the books as a kid and I am optimistic about this film, but why why why why why why why why why is this film having grown-a** men voicing little kids?

I get that it's probably for the purpose of star power, but come on, it's just weird. The Peanuts Movie used mostly child actors for the characters and that film wound up making it's budget back. Was it really that difficult for Dreamworks to audition kids for this movie?
HyperVoiceActing
said at 5:19 PM on Wed Mar 22 2017
I'm still baffled by this film's creation, but I'll concede that the animation is actually quite impressive. It's pretty smooth and looks spot on to the books' art style.
DisneyAnimefan1995
said at 6:52 PM on Wed Mar 22 2017
@HyperVoiceActing It's animation style somewhat reminds me of "The Peanuts Movie"
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie style=" on Amazon.com.