Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1

Animation Studio: Warner Brothers Animation

Popularity: 367th All Time, 273rd This Week

Franchise: Batman
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 Cast

said at 5:40 PM on Fri Sep 23 2016
One of Frank Miller's best works... until he went nuts and became an unlikable old man.

Anyway, I'm rather amazed how they translated the material from the comic to animation (Most of the comic anyway) The voice acting, for the most part was pretty dang good and it does capture the emphasis of the original graphic novel.

Of course as good a story this is, I can't help but feel it does a disservice to the Batman mythos, since it's this particular comic, as well as the Killing Joke and even Watchmen to a degree that DC keeps having this obsessive love affair with. So whatever source material the movies look to like with Christopher Nolan's Batman, it's mostly this one.

Otherwise, it's a genuinely good story (Not that great though, but still) and I'm happy this got adapted into a full animated film, even if it's separated into separate segments.
Sarge Ray
said at 5:25 PM on Fri Jan 24 2014
This was a pleasant surprise for me. Considering my general distaste of Frank Miller's work, I was more than surprised that this movie turned out pretty good.

The style of the movie is interesting enough and Peter Weller does a good job playing the older Batman. I also love the symbolism on how some things in people never change, from Batman to the very people he fought against.

I would have wanted to see more from Robin and, to be honest, the "expository news flashes" got old after a while. But with that said, I really enjoyed the movie. Definitely better than the last Miller-Batman movie "Year One" and FAR superior to the second movie.
said at 3:59 PM on Thu Apr 25 2013
Only real problems I had with these two movies was the Joker (the performance was great but I didn't care much for his characterization) and Alfred having such a small role. The old guy is an underrated part of Batman and no one even gave a crap about him kicking the bucket at the end. -_- Otherwise, I liked this film almost as much as Under The Red Hood.
said at 5:44 PM on Tue Oct 2 2012
Not a fan of the comic but this was awesome.
said at 1:41 AM on Wed Aug 8 2012
Weller sounded pretty good as Miller-Bats. Can't wait for this. XD
said at 2:53 PM on Tue Sep 25 2012

That he did. He was pretty good in the role.:)
said at 6:43 PM on Tue Sep 25 2012
@Anicomicgeek Indeed :-D
said at 9:30 AM on Sun Jun 24 2012
hopefully Steve Blum will voice Joker
Born Today, October 22nd

Derek Jacobi

Jillian Henry

Richard McGonagle

Chris Peppler
Batman / Bruce Wayne
Mutant Leader
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 characters.
Alfred Pennyworth