Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Franchise: Batman
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders Cast

Comments

Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:43 PM on Mon Jul 3 2017
I finally got to watch it.
While I was never a huge fan of the original Adam West Batman (I watched the movie and thought it was a "So Good it's Bad" deal) but I legitimately laughed several times and didn't know where they were going with the story most of the time.
I watched it with my mom and there were references she got that I didn't and vice versa.
I will say I did feel like there was some padding, sometimes it felt like that added more stuff because their original idea wasn't long enough. I dunno, maybe just me.
It is sad how this is probably the best DC animated movie in a long time.
I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 11:17 PM on Tue Jun 6 2017
I definitely enjoyed this, and I knew my dad would enjoy it too since he grew up on the original Adam West Batman series!
Voiceactorfan1
said at 6:37 AM on Sun Mar 5 2017
Alfred looks more like chief Gordon, while chief Gordon looks more like Alfred.
Polyester Funk
said at 12:50 AM on Mon Mar 6 2017
@Voiceactorfan1 If you shave Gordon's mustache and give his glasses to Alfred, then it'd look right.
Voiceactorfan1
said at 9:02 PM on Mon Mar 6 2017
@Polyester Funk sounds right to me.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 10:57 PM on Thu Oct 27 2016
I actually really liked this a lot. It had a lot of fun plot twists, and it captured the spirit of the original TV series perfectly. Adam and Burt still sound great too!
Stare at the Sun
said at 3:13 PM on Mon Oct 24 2016
I guess they couldn't get the likenesses to Alfred or Gordon.
spencermalley935
said at 9:54 PM on Sun Oct 23 2016
The best movie featuring Batman you're likely to see this year.
Shaun Ince
said at 9:48 PM on Sun Oct 23 2016
A campy Batman movie with the return of Adam West & Burt Ward was just the fresh air we needed. Batman movies are dark & gritty, so having it go back to the 60's-70's era was a nice change of pace.
ConfusedPhantom
said at 5:32 PM on Sun Oct 23 2016
I haven't enjoyed a DC film like this in years. Wonderfully done
Ghosty404
said at 5:03 PM on Sat Oct 22 2016
Joker doesn't have a painted over mustache?

You screwed up, WB.
EPA Deane
said at 5:28 AM on Fri Jan 6 2017
@Ghosty404 BOOOO !!! ZERO OUT OF TEN, DC!!!!

D.A.V.E.
said at 4:52 PM on Sat Oct 22 2016
This was a delightful movie! Quite a lot of fun! I can't wait for the sequel!
Starscreamsfan
said at 1:19 PM on Sat Oct 22 2016
Wally has become my favorite Riddler after watching this movie. Such a great impression of Frank Gorshin's Riddler. The laugh is spot-on!!!
skeletonking1234
said at 12:29 PM on Sat Oct 22 2016
Whoever wrote this film really did their homework. The film has so many amazingly clever tributes to the 60s series it's amazing. The movie itself I'd argue is the best DCA film in the last 4 years. It's the first time I've legitimately enjoyed myself with a DC film in a really long time
Troodon2
said at 10:44 AM on Sat Oct 22 2016
This movie was silly, campy, weird, and I love it!! It's not only a good enough tribute to the original 66 show, but it also adds a counter argument that it doesn't have to be dark and gritty to be good.

Of course Dark Batman stories are always good, and of course the more definitive mythos of the character, but one mustn't forget to bring a little joy and levity in the long run.

After all, if not for the old series, Batman wouldn't have been popular as he still is now.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 11:02 AM on Sat Oct 22 2016
@Troodon2 I loved all of the references to the other areas of the Batman franchise. Miller's TDKR, Burton's movies, Nolan's movies...

The whole thing was just such a fun treat.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 10:36 AM on Sat Oct 22 2016
A little strange to see Wally's Riddler among all of these different casting choices. Not that I'm complaining...
D.A.V.E.
said at 4:44 PM on Sat Oct 22 2016
@Nightmare Crusher Wally Wingert is a huge fan of the 60's show. Between that and his Gorshin impersonation, he felt like an obvious shoe-in.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 10:31 AM on Sat Oct 22 2016
Holy crap, Jeff...that Joker!
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Batman / Bruce Wayne
Catwoman
Robin / Dick Grayson
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders characters.
Joker