Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Cast

Additional Voices (+)

Comments

spencermalley935
said at 12:19 AM on Fri May 12 2017
Truly a magnificent animated movie and definitely the best Batman movie made in the 90s but I feel it's a tad overrated.

Could be the fan's of this movie tend to come off as a bit obnoxious in proclaiming it as a flawless Batman experience or unsurpassable masterpiece that no other Batman film can even touch.

I try not to let that affect my enjoyment of the film overall though.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 8:04 PM on Wed Jun 14 2017
@spencermalley935 I agree that it's a little overrated, and I've never been a particularly rabid fan of it despite the fact that I love it overall. The Nostalgia Critic/Doug Walker did make a pretty compelling case for it being the most authentic and balanced representation of Batman, though:

Personally, my favorite Batman movie so far is Under the Red Hood. The action in that movie was great and had really good performances, a solid script, and a very strong emotional core. The end scene always chokes me up a bit.
ConfusedPhantom
said at 11:03 AM on Sun Apr 3 2016
To this day, there hasn't been a Batman film that was as good as Mark of the Phantasm for me. Yes, it's a simple plot that you know what might happen. But, it's told very well. Even the performances are at their best. It's just...fantastic.
Fulgore2005
said at 5:16 AM on Fri Nov 22 2013
Excellent Batman film. It has action in the right places and has great emotional scenes too. A must-see for any Batman fan.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 2:07 PM on Fri Apr 19 2013
Seeing Batman fall in love with a woman and having a chance at happiness only to have it taken away from him by the unrelenting world of crime... this is a Batman film that is both thrilling, funny, dark, and tugs at the heart all at the same time. Those are the perfect ingredients to a fantastic Batman film. Although I wouldn't say this is a perfect film, I believe this film should be required viewing to whoever reboots the live-action films yet again.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 7:12 AM on Sat Jan 26 2013
Best Batman movie ever! Suck it, Nolan!
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 1:44 PM on Fri Apr 19 2013
@TheVengeanceKnight It's not quite my favorite Batman movie, but I agree, for the most part Nolan's movies can suck it. They are some of the most over-glorified, pretentious, "superhero" films I've seen in my life. They may have had nice production values but the "characters" were laughably devoid of actual character and charm. Instead they were more like a means to an end for half-hearted intellectual and metaphorical BS about society and justice... *groans*
VctrBnsn
said at 9:57 AM on Fri May 31 2013
@PsychicVoiceSpy I do enjoy The Dark Knight, mostly for the Joker, but the first one was pretty boring, and the third one was just god awful, with so many plot holes and loop holes. I did enjoy Bane though.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 1:20 PM on Fri May 31 2013
@VctrBnsn Bane was entertaining, but the way he got beat was so disappointing... Yeah, I hated that movie, and I could already hear the fanboys singing him praises on amazon already... and I was right. Thankfully there were plenty of people who felt the same way I did. I do find The Dark Knight enjoyable, but like the other Nolan movies it's way too talky boring in places and it's pseudo-intellectualism got on my nerves. Plus, the Joker was good, but he just didn't have as much fun as you would expect for the Joker.

Yeah, him walking out of an exploding hospital in a nurse's uniform was classic Joker. There should have been more of stuff like that! Too bad, that movie could have been twice as good as it was. NOLAN!!! *raises fist to the sky*
Nightmare Crusher
said at 11:25 PM on Fri May 31 2013
@PsychicVoiceSpy All I remember about Begins is thinking that it was a giant cluster****.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 9:35 AM on Sat Jun 1 2013
@Nightmare Crusher I liked Bruce's League of Shadows training, (which was actually fairly cool) but the rest was pretty freaking boring. I can't believe it got such a strong critical response. It was a 3.5/5 movie at best.
spencermalley935
said at 11:56 PM on Thu May 11 2017
@TheVengeanceKnight Because heaven forbid it possible to enjoy both.

People like to give Nolan fans crap for bashing other interpretations of the character in their favor but honestly BTAS fans can just as bad if not worse.
spencermalley935
said at 12:02 AM on Fri May 12 2017
@PsychicVoiceSpy I solemnly believe that people who use the word "pretentious" in regards to TDK trilogy have no clue what that word actually means and are really just using that word as a synonym for being "serious"

I honestly don't see how any of the characters are any more "devoid of character or charm" than they are in this movie (especially Alfred,Lucius Fox, Gordon and Harvey Dent)
spencermalley935
said at 12:04 AM on Fri May 12 2017
@Nightmare Crusher I have no clue what movie you saw but it sure as hell wasn't Batman Begins
spencermalley935
said at 12:08 AM on Fri May 12 2017
@PsychicVoiceSpy "Yeah, I hated that movie",

It's nowhere close to actually being a bad movie despite what it's legion of devout nitpickers have to say.

PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 10:09 PM on Sat May 13 2017
@spencermalley935 It's been a LONG time since I've seen any of the movies in the Nolan trilogy, like, since before I wrote these comments, so I don't care much to try to debate you on whether these movies are pretentious or not. They may not have been as bad as I remembered, so I'm not going to argue about that. However...

"I"m well aware you'll use my avatar against me but that doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true."

What's this all about? What does this even mean? You're "well aware" I'm going use an ad hominem attack and belittle you because you have an avatar with an image from a movie I don't like? You're somehow "well aware" I'd do something that petty? Based on what evidence? This doesn't exactly incentivize me to converse with you.

I'll end by saying that I was a good deal more immature then than I am now, and I wouldn't write comments quite like these as I did four years ago.
spencermalley935
said at 11:12 AM on Sun May 14 2017
@PsychicVoiceSpy Fair enough. I apologize for being presumptuous
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Joker
Batman / Bruce Wayne
Phantasm
Alfred Pennyworth
Alfred Pennyworth

Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Batman: Mask of the Phantasm characters.