Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Report Mistakes

Report Mistakes Report all errors here so we can fix them right away!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012   #1
thomwim
Member
 
thomwim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 902
Thumbs up Hungarian naming methods - FIXED

Most of the actors listed under that language on this website are credited with their LAST NAMES as their first names, when Hungarians arrange their names (last-name first).

For example, Zsigmond Tamara (who voices Pinkie Pie from "Friendship is Magic" and Padme from "Star Wars") would have her name written as "Tamara Zsigmond" using American English naming methods. Who would name their daughter Zsigmond?

Just so you know... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_names
__________________
Only time will tell.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 05-21-2013 at 09:40 PM.
thomwim is offline  
Old 06-10-2012   #2
TylerMirage
Administrator
 
TylerMirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,569
Default Re: Hungarian naming methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomwim View Post
Most of the actors listed under that language on this website are credited with their LAST NAMES as their first names, when Hungarians arrange their names (last-name first).

For example, Zsigmond Tamara (who voices Pinkie Pie from "Friendship is Magic" and Padme from "Star Wars") would have her name written as "Tamara Zsigmond" using American English naming methods. Who would name their daughter Zsigmond?

Just so you know... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_names
So, I basically have the last names first and first names last on the Cat City 2 page?
TylerMirage is offline  
Old 06-10-2012   #3
thomwim
Member
 
thomwim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 902
Default Re: Hungarian naming methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
So, I basically have the last names first and first names last on the Cat City 2 page?
That is correct. And many of the other actors for that language fell victim as well.

If you wish to program more of those actors' roles, I offer this.

http://www.magyarszinkron.hu/?module...tegory=szinesz (males)
http://www.magyarszinkron.hu/?module...gory=szineszno (females)
__________________
Only time will tell.
thomwim is offline  
Old 06-10-2012   #4
TylerMirage
Administrator
 
TylerMirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,569
Default Re: Hungarian naming methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomwim View Post
That is correct. And many of the other actors for that language fell victim as well.

If you wish to program more of those actors' roles, I offer this.

http://www.magyarszinkron.hu/?module...tegory=szinesz (males)
http://www.magyarszinkron.hu/?module...gory=szineszno (females)
Well, there's only 26 Hungarian actors presently on the site, so it should be easy enough to fix. I'll see what I can do for this issue.
TylerMirage is offline  
Old 06-10-2012   #5
thomwim
Member
 
thomwim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 902
Default Re: Hungarian naming methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Well, there's only 26 Hungarian actors presently on the site, so it should be easy enough to fix. I'll see what I can do for this issue.
I managed to compile a short list of missing roles. They've been all confirmed, and the Total Drama contestants (except Courtney) aren't in the database. http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ad.php?p=33903
__________________
Only time will tell.
thomwim is offline  
Old 06-11-2012   #6
cartoonvoice
Member
 
cartoonvoice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 443
Default Re: Hungarian naming methods

Another mistake: Virág Magdolna Kiss didn't voice Buttercup in What A Cartoon. That show doesn't have a Hungarian dub, it was only aired in English.
cartoonvoice is offline  
Old 07-31-2012   #7
thomwim
Member
 
thomwim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 902
Default Re: Hungarian naming methods

Also, Bogdanyi Titanilla was added a day or two ago, though her name should be listed as "Titanilla Bogdanyi" due to the previously mentioned naming reason.
__________________
Only time will tell.
thomwim is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.