Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > The Demo Reel & Voice Samples

The Demo Reel & Voice Samples Give advice or share experiences in creating a demo reel or post clips and get feedback

Old 05-22-2012   #1
SCP21

Send a message via ICQ to SCP21 Send a message via AIM to SCP21 Send a message via Yahoo to SCP21 Send a message via Skype™ to SCP21
Default SCP21's Demo File

What is this you ask? Well this is an edited copy of one of my possible auditions. I added music to it is all. The rest is all me. Course I did add stuff for my actual audition but this I think sounds cool. Will do more differing ones soon but what do you think?

http://www.geekcastradio.com/uploads...tion-Music.mp3

Contact Details:
Twitter: SCP21 | Skype: CyberMegatron
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/scp21
SCP21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #2
Hendercrazy

Default Re: SCP21's Audition File

Really liked the order of the voices, the impressions were excellent overall... and the added music really helped amp the believability! Kudos there! Especially enjoyed Megatron and Cobra Commander. There was some clipping that occurred with many of the characters though. Gollum was awesome too... but the "P" managed to still get through your pop filter. If you can resolve those matters... I think you have a really nice demo bro!
Hendercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #3
SCP21

Send a message via ICQ to SCP21 Send a message via AIM to SCP21 Send a message via Yahoo to SCP21 Send a message via Skype™ to SCP21

Thanks and glad you liked it. I was sitting too close to the screen when I did some of these which is why the "P" got in there. But it was a rough run through. Love doing those voices...Especially Megatron

Contact Details:
Old 06-02-2012   #4
Hendercrazy

Here's a couple of incredibly helpful tips I picked up that were "game changing" type of remedies...

To maintain a more consistent voice level... always keep your distance the same to the mic every time. You can do this by measuring out the distance between your mouth and the microphone... all depending on the sensitivity of your microphone. Just find your sweet spot. A common way to do this is to use your hands as a quick measuring tool... fist over fist, open hand over open hand (thumb to pinky) or one fist and one open hand (ect., ect., ect.) distance from the mic.

As for those certain problematic "P" sounds that still manage to bypass your filter... turn your head ever-so-slightly to the left or right so the air pressure (from making the "P" letter) doesn't connect directly into the mic. You must be careful though... too much turning of the head could result in a change in your voice level.
Hendercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #5
SCP21

Yeah I was in a hurry during that record of the audition and was sitting too close to the mic. Normally I don't do that. Was in podcasting mode where it doesn't matter. But thanks for the pointers.

I knew the turn-of-head method but again was just not thinking of it.

Contact Details: