Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Act Your Voice Out - BTVA's Voice Acting Contest > Contest Discussion

Contest Discussion Talk about the contest, how the contestants are performing and any feedback here.

Old 05-05-2012   #1
Foxwolf
Administrator

Arrow Season 2 - Pre-Contest Questions/Discussion

With the official announcement that AYVO Season 2 is just a couple weeks away with Auditions opening on Saturday, May 19th 2012, feel free to ask any questions you may have or discuss your thoughts on the coming season.

Please note we will be posting updated guidelines and a full schedule of the entire season within the next week.

Last edited by OptimusSolo; 05-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Foxwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #2
CatsTuxedo

Send a message via Yahoo to CatsTuxedo
Default Re: Official AYVO Season 2 Pre-Contest Questions/Discussion

Has it ever been decided whether audition clips would be allowed to run a little longer this year (like around the one-and-a-half to two-minute mark as opposed to one minute)? I was thinking about recording my audition early so that I'd have something for when the contest comes around. Plus, it'd give me time to make sure that the clip is of sufficient quality.
CatsTuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #3
Foxwolf
Administrator

It will remain 1 minute or less. That is more than plenty of time to showcase your voice talent. Remember, it's showing what you consider to be your best voice acting, not showing everything you can do.

And if other members are wondering, yes, Moderators are allowed to participate this year. Many of our Mods are also aspiring voice actors and we've decided that there's no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to enter. Esp since Season 2, all the Judges are Admins.

And if it wasn't clear, Mods auditions will be treated equally with everyone else. NO ONE will be given special treatment.
Old 05-05-2012   #4
cardboardwalk

Have there been any major changes made to this seasons contest? ( If information is being with held for the time being a simple yes or no would suffice )
cardboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #5
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OptimusSolo Send a message via Skype™ to OptimusSolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardwalk View Post
Have there been any major changes made to this seasons contest? ( If information is being with held for the time being a simple yes or no would suffice )
I don't know if I would call if 'major' but there has been a slight change to the 'Audition Process' and to touch on your other sentence here is my simple 'yes'
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #6
CatsTuxedo

Send a message via Yahoo to CatsTuxedo

Well, I've got my audition recorded ahead of time, and let me just say up front that it's not as great as I envisioned it would turn out. I would love to think of myself as an accurate impressionist, but when I listen to the recording, it really sounds different from what I thought I sounded like in my ears. I know it's a natural phenomenon, but I'm a perfectionist at heart and I take this voice acting business very seriously, so that kind of thing really bugs me. Oh well. The point of the auditions aren't to showcase impression accuracy but general versatility and range, and I'm sure the recording's got those two points down just fine. Of course, I'll let the judges decide on that on the 19th.
CatsTuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #7
Foxwolf
Administrator

And believability in your acting. Versatility and range are great, but if you can't back it up with superb acting, then it'll hard to get past the auditions.

Obviously I can't judge your audition now, but if you feel you can do better, then I'd suggest trying again.
Old 05-09-2012   #8
SCP21

Send a message via ICQ to SCP21 Send a message via AIM to SCP21 Send a message via Yahoo to SCP21 Send a message via Skype™ to SCP21

Yeah I am recording mine Saturday and have my plot figured out. But for you I'd say being the auditions open the 19th that get it perfect before the round where the judges decide the finalists even if it takes a bit longer. Just do your best and good luck!

Contact Details:
Twitter: SCP21 | Skype: CyberMegatron
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/scp21
SCP21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012   #9
cardboardwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
And believability in your acting. Versatility and range are great, but if you can't back it up with superb acting, then it'll hard to get past the auditions.

Obviously I can't judge your audition now, but if you feel you can do better, then I'd suggest trying again.
Is there going to be a voice limit thing again? I ask because there was a bit of confusion ( on my part at least) regarding that rule.
cardboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012   #10
Foxwolf
Administrator

"Voice limit thing" - I'm not sure what you mean here cardboardwalk