Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > General TV Discussion

General TV Discussion Non-Show specific TV Discussion can be found here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012   #1
pokemastanumba1

Default Basic terms & definitions

I've noticed that most users of BTVA (including mods/admins) constantly forget a few things, some of the most prominent examples being basic vocabulary. So, to help everyone out, I thought I'd list a few just to start with, and if there's anything important, feel free to add more:
  • animation: a medium that creates "moving images" by using seamless transitions between different pictures
  • cartoon: an animated production that originates in either of the Americas or Europe, divided into seasons which are usually 10-30 episodes long, and always follows different storylines
  • anime: an animated production that originates in Japan, divided into arcs which are usually 5-15 episodes long, and usually revolves around a single plot
  • filler: an episode(s), season(s), or arc(s) that have absolutely no plot significance, thus serving no purpose other than to "fill" more time
  • fanservice: using underhanded techniques to appeal to a certain audience
  • hiatus: a excessively long period of time in between one episode/season/arc and the next
  • obession: a very unhealthy infatuation with someone or something
None of this is up for a big discussion, it's just a few things we should always keep in the back of our heads at all times when watching TV or navigating BTVA.

ADMIN EDIT: Seriously?

Last edited by NCZ; 10-09-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Closed Thread