I've noticed that most users of BTVA (including mods/admins) constantly forget a few things, some of the most prominent examples being basic vocabulary. So, to help everyone out, I thought I'd list a few just to start with, and if there's anything important, feel free to add more:
- animation: a medium that creates "moving images" by using seamless transitions between different pictures
- cartoon: an animated production that originates in either of the Americas or Europe, divided into seasons which are usually 10-30 episodes long, and always follows different storylines
- anime: an animated production that originates in Japan, divided into arcs which are usually 5-15 episodes long, and usually revolves around a single plot
- filler: an episode(s), season(s), or arc(s) that have absolutely no plot significance, thus serving no purpose other than to "fill" more time
- fanservice: using underhanded techniques to appeal to a certain audience
- hiatus: a excessively long period of time in between one episode/season/arc and the next
- obession: a very unhealthy infatuation with someone or something
None of this is up for a big discussion, it's just a few things we should always keep in the back of our heads at all times when watching TV or navigating BTVA.
ADMIN EDIT: Seriously?