Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > BTVA Site Features > User Profiles (BTVA Accounts)

User Profiles (BTVA Accounts) Discuss ideas or problems with the User Accounts and learn how to fill your page out.

Old 02-07-2011   #1
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OptimusSolo Send a message via Skype™ to OptimusSolo
Default Problems, Questions, and Suggestions regarding User Accounts

In this thread you can post any problems you are having with your User Accounts, any questions you have or ideas on expanding this cool new feature. Both users and Admins will discuss your ideas and try to help solve any issues you may be having!
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #2
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Default Re: Problems, Questions, and Suggestions regarding User Accounts

My Biggest Concerns, Fixes, Needs, Questions, Problems:

#2: You need to be able to put things in order in your favorites. I don't have a problem with having a maximum but maybe there should be a 'scoll' that you can view the rest. I am fine with a 20 limit maximum but the other problem is I went through every movie on the site and favorited every one I really liked (probably around 20-25 but not sure) - however you can only view the first ten AND you can only choose your #1 favorite out of those first 10

#3: The whole (previous comments) issue. I think all comments that have your same name should be 'ported' over to your profile but then we could have the option either on the page where the comment was made OR on our profile page to "DELETE" that comment. Maybe it was someone posing as us or we made a typo or have changed our mind and just want the comment deleted for whatever reason. Having this option would also fix when a user makes a typo, Instead of making a new comment they could just delete the old one are make a new one that doesnt have the typo.

#4: Is the increased 'lag time' for loading pages directly correlated to the new user profiles?? I am experiencing it here and there throughout the site where I never did prior to this...

#6: I replied to one of SCP21's comments but on his profile page nothing is listed in the "Replied to my comments' Section...so not sure what is causing that??

#7: Make it possible for people to choose which char incarnation to display.

Last edited by OptimusSolo; 02-08-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-07-2011   #3
Jackson_H
Administrator

*just reposting some things we already discussed (but for benefits of others)

1. User accounts seem to work fine in firefox but for internet explorer even after I login it seems once I start navigating I'm suddenly logged out (not a big problem unless IE is someone's primary browser).

Also you can be logged in for one browser or tab but if you open a new browser or tab it shows you logged out.

2. Some characters can be favorited, others can't (my experience anyway).

3. I agree with Optimus's #1 & #2, I'm also experiencing his #5 and I'm also curious about #6

4. Duplicate prevention (at the moment I have 2 Tara Strong's somehow)

*UPDATE* 5. Have the ability to change your VC vote at any time

6. Organizing VC vote history by franchise (& alphabetical order), also having a limit for the profile preview (then have a link to show the rest) otherwise it'll get massive (like my profile).

7. I'll also test this out but I'll favorite a single character (1 incarnation) then make it into a Character Generation. Hopefully the profile won't have the link turn dead or something when this occurs. Otherwise it'll be a pain to have to unfavorite (when option is available) and the re-favorite again.

8. As long as there is only 1 Unknown in that VC, and later the VA is identified (or there was a credit error and later corrected) will the new VA namel reflect on the members profile page VC vote history? (replacing "Voted: Unknown Voice Actor")

9. No proper way to view another person's profile unless you type manually

e.g. http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/members/Jackson-H/

Though you should be directed to profile pages through forum accounts and other ways too

Last edited by Jackson_H; 02-07-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #4
Foxwolf
Administrator

Oh crap, for #5. don't update any existing VC's. I don't want to wipe ANY poll results anymore.

The idea later will be to allow any member the ability to change their vote at ANY given time.
Old 02-07-2011   #5
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Sweet I was going to suggest a 'change your vote' option
Old 02-07-2011   #6
Jackson_H
Administrator

LOL sounds good and so stupid simple. :p
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #7
Foxwolf
Administrator

The loading issue is certainly a problem. I think I'll put resizing all images on the site as a high priority.
Old 02-07-2011   #8
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
The loading issue is certainly a problem. I think I'll put resizing all images on the site as a high priority.
For me it is only happening in certain areas of the site though which is the weird thing
Old 02-07-2011   #9
Foxwolf
Administrator

Is it pages that have the "Add a favorite" section? If not, please browse and take note out of say 10 pages, which pages are slow.
Old 02-07-2011   #10
Wind_Whistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson_H View Post
1. User accounts seem to work fine in firefox but for internet explorer even after I login it seems once I start navigating I'm suddenly logged out (not a big problem unless IE is someone's primary browser).

2. Some characters can be favorited, others can't (my experience anyway).
Has anyone tested this out in other browsers, Chrome, Safari, Netscape, etc? It'd be good to know IE is the only one with issues (and boy does that hunk of junk have issues, I consider it the most common computer virus, the second being Vista -_-).

2. is very much my experience as well. I was unable to favorite Mufasa (which isn't horrible, it was kind of a borderline case/whim anyway) and Batman. There wasn't any literal screaming when the latter occurred, but you wouldn't want to hear the sound my brain made.

Can other folk add Batman? Is this a problem with the particular page or just something that happens randomly?

Now, it seems to me that both of those cases were ones in which I clicked the link a little earlier than in most others, so it might be a good idea to wait until the page has loaded fully...though I jumped the gun plenty of other times with no problems. Don't think it was usually quite as much though.

Other than that the profile is awesome so far, thanks so much! ^_^
Wind_Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote