Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Gaming Central > General Game Discussion

General Game Discussion Discuss the latest video game hit or the classics from long ago.

Old 08-16-2011   #11
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter

http://kotaku.com/5831219/oh-hi-stre...mescom-trailer

battle system explained in detail. this is gonna be one heckuvva tag comboing game.
Old 09-12-2011   #12
NachoElephant

Here's a new trailer for Street Fighter X Tekken featuring Rufus and Zangief
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0d_F...layer_embedded
It's very funny XD
NachoElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #13
Foxwolf
Administrator

that was awesome!! I hope every character get a cutscene like that!

and as great as that was, I'm still sad they're not announcing more "new" SF characters that haven't appeared in any of the SF4 games (except Hugo and Poison)
Old 09-12-2011   #14
Jackson_H
Administrator

Does Hugo have (or has had) an English VA yet?

Just wondering because I noticed at the Mary Collins Talent Agency, Dameon Clarke's Resumé Highlights lists Street Fighter.

http://www.marycollins.com/dameon-clarke

Listed here too

http://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/256777-2221048

Unless he was uncredited in a past game could he be the voice of a new character?

He has worked for New Generation Pictures before (Marvel vs Capcom 3, Dawn of Mana, Last Remnant, Final Fantasy IV DS, Valkyrie Profile 2).

Last edited by Jackson_H; 09-12-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #15
NCZ
Administrator

Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Hugo sounds like Fred Tatasciore to me, though he's only made grunts so far. The only other time he had an English VA was Third Strike (Len Carlson). Wataru Takagi did him in his other appearances (Second Impact and SVC Chaos). Another possibility is that Dameon is playing someone on the Tekken side. Most of them haven't spoken English. Maybe it's some confusion with MVC3 where he played Spencer.

So, there are two possibilities that it was Street Fighter 4. One is the OVA, The Ties That Bind. I don't know if the English VAs were listed; the video I found only had the Japanese voice actors. It's possible he did a bit part in that. The second possibility is that the announcer for vanilla Street Fighter 4 was uncredited. Capcom mentioned that they replaced him for Super because he they lost contact with him. Maybe that was Dameon? It sounds kind of like him after listening to his animation demo.

Anyway, thanks for that. We could try asking him for some clarification, or wait until the game comes out and see if he's involved after all.
Old 09-12-2011   #16
NCZ
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
that was awesome!! I hope every character get a cutscene like that!

and as great as that was, I'm still sad they're not announcing more "new" SF characters that haven't appeared in any of the SF4 games (except Hugo and Poison)
Did you see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZNl-vkjOgQ

Looks like Rolento to me!

As for the other two trailers, without a doubt they're Heihachi and Lili. Of course, we all knew Heihachi'd make it, and Lili (as well as Asuka) has been teased for a while. So... when will they reveal Jin, Akuma, and Bison?
Old 09-12-2011   #17
Foxwolf
Administrator

nah, i've been missing a lot of those tease trailers. Oh no!! the basketball, does that mean we're gonna get the terrible Sean from SF3??? Where's Elenaaaaaa

And I wonder if the restaurant implies we'll get Martial Law? Also, would having Mokujin be too outrageous?
Old 09-12-2011   #18
NCZ
Administrator

I think the basketball was a red herring. Ono loves throwing people off. The rest of the trailer screamed Rolento.

I really hope the restaurant means Law. Though it was said that when it came to Law and Fei Long, it was "one or the other" which is a huge missed opportunity. Personally, I'd go for Law; he's more iconic for his series and a well-known character. It wouldn't feel right if he didn't appear. Fei Long is cool, but aside from his surprise appearance in 4 he usually gets lost in the shuffle. The game can live without him.

The Rufus trailer was hilarious! Let's just keep in mind though that just because someone appears in a trailer, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be playable. Which I'm thankful for, because although a Rufus and Bob matchup would be nice, there are other characters I'd like to see ahead of him. (In fact, if I had to prioritze the Tekken 6 reps, I would've placed Zafina or Miguel higher than Bob, but whatever. I don't play as him much, but he seems like a decent enough character.)
Old 09-13-2011   #19
Metazoa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPaM5...layer_embedded
New trailer posted, and some pretty awesome features being shown off.
Metazoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #20
Foxwolf
Administrator

my excitement for this game just sky rocketed!! thanks Metazoa! that trailer was boss. the multiplayer system is exciting and that Pandora power is a nice surprise. A more balanced X-Factor from the looks of it. More power, but at the sacrifice of your partner.

NCZ, you got your Rolento confirmed