Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Anime

Anime Discuss Anime Here

Old 02-14-2015   #21
GothamRed

Default Re: What anime are you currently watching?

I've just watched Fairy Tail from the Tower of Heaven Arc until episode 164 of the Grand Magic Games arc. It's been really fun and went by quicker than expected, now I'm just waiting for the Dub of the final 11 episodes of the first Fairy Tail series and move onto the 2014 sequel series that continues the story.
Old 02-14-2015   #22
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamRed View Post
I've just watched Fairy Tail from the Tower of Heaven Arc until episode 164 of the Grand Magic Games arc. It's been really fun and went by quicker than expected, now I'm just waiting for the Dub of the final 11 episodes of the first Fairy Tail series and move onto the 2014 sequel series that continues the story.
...Oh, wow. What a coincidence! I'm on episode 161 right now, but I've been watching it in subtitles on the Crunchyroll PS3 app. I saw the first 48 episodes dubbed on Netflix and bought the first twenty-four episode collection, but I ran out of dubbed episodes on Netflix, so I've been watching it in Japanese. It's almost scary how close together we are in our progress on the show.

Anyway, yeah, Fairy Tail is my main show right now. It's a ton of fun to watch and there have been several parts that actually made me laugh-out-loud, and there are tons of cool, endearing and bad@$$ characters. And the dub is one of the most enjoyable and entertaining I've seen from Funimation in a while. There was almost nothing to complain about, and I really miss the dub now that I've been watching it in Japanese for so long. Oh well, that will just give me something to look forward to when I get the new collections.

If I had any major complaints, it would be that a lot of the villains are kinda paper thin. Oracion Seis in particular were very boring, and the Infinity Clock arc bored me to tears in places (them returning and having even less personality than before didn't help matters). *looks up the arc and finds out it was filler* ...Ah, that explains it. I've still seen MUCH worse as far as filler arcs go. Overall, Fairy Tail is a really solid show, but the villains so far often feel paper thin, one-note and disposable (not counting the ones who start off villains but become good guys later). Hopefully more memorable villains show up in the future.

I've also been watching "Parasyte -the maxim-" and it's also an excellent, suspenseful, and action-packed show with some really solid character development and plenty for people who enjoy gore without feeling exploitative. It also has great animation. Finally, I'm also watching Your Lie in April, which is okay and has generally strong character development, but it's a little too sappy in places and it feels a bit unfocused. I was in the process of watching Mushi-Shi season two, but I took a break and plan to return to it when I'm out of other stuff to watch.

That's about it for me at the moment.

Last edited by PsychicVoiceSpy; 02-14-2015 at 06:44 PM.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015   #23
GothamRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicVoiceSpy View Post
...Oh, wow. What a coincidence! I'm on episode 161 right now, but I've been watching it in subtitles on the Crunchyroll PS3 app. I saw the first 48 episodes dubbed on Netflix and bought the first twenty-four episode collection, but I ran out of dubbed episodes on Netflix, so I've been watching it in Japanese. It's almost scary how close together we are in our progress on the show.

Anyway, yeah, Fairy Tail is my main show right now. It's a ton of fun to watch and there have been several parts that actually made me laugh-out-loud, and there are tons of cool, endearing and bad@$$ characters. And the dub is one of the most enjoyable and entertaining I've seen from Funimation in a while. There was almost nothing to complain about, and I really miss the dub now that I've been watching it in Japanese for so long. Oh well, that will just give me something to look forward to when I get the new collections.
You're on 161 huh? Then in two episodes you're into a glorious smorgasbord of WTFery, it's one of those special things that needs to be seen to be fully experienced. But yeah I have to agree with the stuff about the villains, a lot are kind of boring (though I'll have to see it that holds true for the grand magic games as well). I don't really find Jellal to be that interesting either to be honest, but he serves his purpose fine. Though to be fair, Lisanna's kind of the same way as Jellal, in that they don't really have much of a personality to speak of (Lisanna's just generally nice, and Jellal's just generally brooding) and are really just plot points for a few of the major character's backstories who they just decided to bring back.
Old 02-14-2015   #24
PsychicVoiceSpy

Agreed. Although, the comical way Jellal lost that fight was a breath of fresh air compared to his brooding. I have a feeling that once he starts to get over his guilt he'll be a more interesting character.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015   #25
GothamRed

Hopefully, and yeah I did like his fight with Jura.
Old 02-15-2015   #26
Autovolt

Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt

I'm currently rewatching Inuyasha and plan on tackling The Final Act for the first time ever.
Autovolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015   #27
MegaMike1990

Send a message via Yahoo to MegaMike1990

I don't think I am the only one who has heard of it, but I am watching DanMachi (aka Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)

I watched the first episode and found it to be interesting.
MegaMike1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015   #28
MilanTheVillain01

Send a message via MSN to MilanTheVillain01 Send a message via Skype™ to MilanTheVillain01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMike1990 View Post
I don't think I am the only one who has heard of it, but I am watching DanMachi (aka Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)

I watched the first episode and found it to be interesting.
Agreed! Dat Hestia tho.
MilanTheVillain01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015   #29
MegaMike1990

Send a message via Yahoo to MegaMike1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanTheVillain01 View Post
Agreed! Dat Hestia tho.
LOL!!! Also, it is cool that Yoshitsugu Matsuoka is the voice of Bell. Heck, it was also cool that he played Kirito on Sword Art Online, Sora on No Game, No Life, Sorata on Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and even Lubbock on Akame ga Kill!
MegaMike1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015   #30
BloodInga

Started watching Space Dandy the other day. I find it oddly amusing.