6th BTVA Voice Acting Awards

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Anime

Anime Discuss Anime Here

Old 4 Days Ago   #511
Abdullab

Default Re: Dragon Ball Super: Bang Zoom Dub Discussion

This isn`t a confirmation but Kaiji is aware of the Hit vs Vegeta fight. might be a joke but a good 1, just making conversation

https://twitter.com/KaijiTang/status/931685868527435776
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #512
TheGreatCaptainUsopp

Lex was pretty bad in these past two episodes, his screams were weak and very underwhelming like, wow
TheGreatCaptainUsopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #513
hulkedoutdude

It's good that DSP's frieza voice didn't change much at golden form, It certainly didn't sound very convincing from his fb video we all saw few months back.
Got to hear more of champa and Kirk Thornton sounds fantastic at comedy moments very good casting.
hulkedoutdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #514
Nightmare Crusher

Lex's normal Goku voice is in a pretty good place now. There's a confidence to it I like. There are still some glaring faults though. He sounds seriously out of it in the scene where Vegeta fights him.
(That bit is stupid anyway.) The screams are just not there and I don't think it's the sound mix this time. Anything loud that isn't the Kenshiro stuff is really awkward.

Jaco's voice is seriously annoying. It feels like he's trying too hard to be quarky. Todd does it much better.

The sound mixing is still ****ing awful. Worse than ever in fact. There's a scene in 25, when Goku catches Freeza's punch, where all of the sound effects completely cut out for a few seconds and it's just Freeza's voice. How do you fail at this so hard? The sound effects are already provided by Toei. Do they have a monkey doing this? ****.

I thought Freeza's voice was supposed to change when he turns gold. But it really doesn't. I don't mind, I thought DSP sounded way too raspy in that Facebook video. It's just weird. His overall performance is still great though.

Really digging Champa. Kirk makes him sound like a self-important dick without resorting to just being whiny and annoying. I forgot about this second scene with him so it was a pleasant surprise. Now I just need to hear him get in a full on argument with Beerus. Definitely like him much better than Jason's take.

Still, things are mostly good. The only real problems I have are the niggling issues with Goku (Even if Lex is getting better.), Jaco and the goddamn sound mixing.

Last edited by Nightmare Crusher; 3 Days Ago at 11:59 PM.
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #515
Abdullab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
Lex's normal Goku voice is in a pretty good place now. There's a confidence to it I like. There are still some glaring faults though. He sounds seriously out of it in the scene where Vegeta fights him.
(That bit is stupid anyway.) The screams are just not there and I don't think it's the sound mix this time. Anything loud that isn't the Kenshiro stuff is really awkward.

Jaco's voice is seriously annoying. It feels like he's trying too hard to be quarky. Todd does it much better.

The sound mixing is still ****ing awful. Worse than ever in fact. There's a scene in 25, when Goku catches Freeza's punch, where all of the sound effects completely cut out for a few seconds and it's just Freeza's voice. How do you fail at this so hard? The sound effects are already provided by Toei. Do they have a monkey doing this? ****.

I thought Freeza's voice was supposed to change when he turns gold. But it really doesn't. I don't mind, I thought DSP sounded way too raspy in that Facebook video. It's just weird. His overall performance is still great though.

Really digging Champa. Kirk makes him sound like a self-important dick without resorting to just being whiny and annoying. I forgot about this second scene with him so it was a pleasant surprise. Now I just need to hear him get in a full on argument with Beerus. Definitely like him much better than Jason's take.

Still, things are mostly good. The only real problems I have are the niggling issues with Goku (Even if Lex is getting better.), Jaco and the goddamn sound mixing.
don`t forget the censorship
Old 2 Days Ago   #516
Nightmare Crusher

Wink Re: Dragon Ball Super: Bang Zoom Dub Discussion

Lex had a decent power up scream in 26. Not fantastic or anything (and the sound mix was crap) but it was good. Thank Kami.

I'm so used to the bad sound that when Freeza talks to Sorbet and it's left silent I thought it was a mistake on the dub's part for a second.

The censorship on Goku getting shot is so jarring. Really wish this wasn't airing on a kid's channel aiming so young.

There's a script error when Vegeta turns SSB. Goku talks like he still needs the ritual to transform while Vegeta doesn't even though Goku doesn't need it anymore.

I think Lex had a sore throat doing 27. Goku sounds weirdly raspy. I don't mind it so much while talking given the nature of what happens, but his screams were super weak.

So that was our second story arc down. As far as acting goes things have improved quite a lot, but there's still some room for improvement. Whoever is in charge on the technical side needs to be straight up fired though. The incompetence on display in some scenes is unacceptable.

Last edited by Nightmare Crusher; 2 Days Ago at 01:27 AM.
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #517
Ghosty404

Eh.. on Lex, I think his screams have gotten to a point where I think it would be better to recast him. I don’t know what happened since he was f**king Kenshiro, but maybe Tony Oliver can do this job better. Especially with the yelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.
It was deemed to be too awesome.
Ghosty404 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #518
Abdullab

https://twitter.com/KaijiTang/status/933136223329124353

Here is Kaiji talking about the tournament of power. making conversation.

He has tweeted a few times about it and like caulifla and kale
Old 3 Hours Ago   #519
Abdullab

Lex better have some big lungs for that Hit fight.

good luck on finding an actor that can rival Mercer.