Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Anime

Anime Discuss Anime Here

Old 12-12-2017   #1
MasterBlaster

Send a message via Skype™ to MasterBlaster
Default Eureka Seven Hi Evolution

Eureka Seven is coming back!

FUNimation is teaming up with Bandai Visual to release Eureka Seven Hi Evolution--a new trilogy of films, and FUNi's bringing an all-star cast full of familiar and new faces!

https://www.funimationfilms.com/movi...-hi-evolution/

Last edited by MasterBlaster; 01-10-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Update Cast and Crew picture.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017   #2
Autovolt

Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt
Default Re: Eureka Seven Hi Evolution

Glad to see Kim Strauss has returned for Dewey. Nobody could've done that role better than him. I can only hope this makes him come back to voice acting.

I'm glad to see Fred Tatasciore joining the cast here. I'm guessing he'll use his Ben 10,000 voice for Adroc.

Also cool having Imari Williams in this.

Also been a while since Michael Forest was in a new project.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018   #3
MasterBlaster

Send a message via Skype™ to MasterBlaster

FUNimation has released a new clip, showcasing the upcoming English dub!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7s2_9mvlOQ

Also, more details on the English production crew has been revealed on FUNimation Films' website! (Top post has been updated to reflect this)

ADR Director: Jonathan Klein
Lead ADR Engineer: Derek Jones
ADR Script Writer: Deborah Crane
Mix Engineer: Gino Palencia

Yep, New Generation Pictures is helming this one, folks!

While a part of me would have preferred FUNi to outsource to Bang Zoom for 100% consistency, you really can't go wrong with Klein and NGP, and judging by previous dubs done by the company and the clip alone, I'm confident this will turn out to be another stellar effort.
Old 01-13-2018   #4
Frontier

I'm glad to see they were able to get so much of the original cast back. I was a little worried about Kate Higgins as Talho and Strauss as Dewey.

Johnny Yong Bosch's Renton sounds so different. Really shows how much he's grown as a VA (especially given how long it's been since he voiced kid Renton).
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018   #5
DisneyAnimefan1995

Post Re: Eureka Seven Hi Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
FUNimation has released a new clip, showcasing the upcoming English dub!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7s2_9mvlOQ

Also, more details on the English production crew has been revealed on FUNimation Films' website! (Top post has been updated to reflect this)

ADR Director: Jonathan Klein
Lead ADR Engineer: Derek Jones
ADR Script Writer: Deborah Crane
Mix Engineer: Gino Palencia

Yep, New Generation Pictures is helming this one, folks!

While a part of me would have preferred FUNi to outsource to Bang Zoom for 100% consistency, you really can't go wrong with Klein and NGP, and judging by previous dubs done by the company and the clip alone, I'm confident this will turn out to be another stellar effort.
Quite a surprise this went to New Generation Pictures, as the original series and the first film, Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers were recorded at Bang Zoom! Entertainment!. Maybe Bang Zoom! or Tony Oliver were still busy doing so many projects at the studio, especially Tony as he is still doing voice directing Hunter x Hunter and the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders dub, this resulted in Funimation sending this film to New Generation Pictures.

To be fair though, it was a smart decision that this project was sent to NGP instead of BZ! cause as of now, the studio has been very selective with the actor's they utilize in their productions lately (especially when they are doing Union productions) and have been infamous with re-casting certain roles as seen with the dubs of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, God Eater and the 2016 Beserk series, either due to the original actor(s) being busy or a creative decision from the licensor and the production team (e.g. Mami Okada, the current crew at Bang Zoom!). I mean sure they will bring back several actors from the original Eureka Seven dub (e.g. Johnny Yong Bosch, Stephanie Sheh, Crispin Freeman, etc..) but honestly they would have use the current talent pool actor's that they've been using the last 5-6 years and certain roles on some of the characters would've been recast (e.g. Kate Higgins).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm glad to see they were able to get so much of the original cast back. I was a little worried about Kate Higgins as Talho and Strauss as Dewey.
I agree with Kate Higgins, cause her current anime voiceover work these days have been primarily with Studiopolis who currently does the dubs for Naruto, Sailor Moon and Digimon Adventure: Tri, at the same time she hasn't done ANY work for Bang Zoom! since Lucky Star!.
DisneyAnimefan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018   #6
Marakutanay

I gotta say that the fine work that Funi is doing with this series gives me hope about the movies and new season of Code Geass.
Marakutanay is offline   Reply With Quote