Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Anime

Anime Discuss Anime Here

Old 02-21-2017   #31
Domayv

Default Re: Gintama Ocean Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Since Gintama is co-produced by Aniplex and Aniplex of America only started taking off a little after Sentai licensed Gintama, there's a slight chance the license may expire on Sentai's part and go back to Aniplex, who has a very amicable relationship with Crunchyroll. But who knows how long that'll take?
Gintama's international rights are actually handled by TV Tokyo.
Domayv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017   #32
BioZero216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo341578926 View Post
Actually, he kinda sounds like Brian Doe. Also can anyone tell who's voicing Zenzo? Michael Dobson keeps coming to mind, but I don't think that's him.
I talked with Brian Doe on Twitter and he confirmed that he isn't Kamui. My best guess is Matthew Erickson or, as unlikely as it is, Kristian Ayre. However, Zenzo is Brent Miller. That was confirmed.
BioZero216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017   #33
Ichigo341578926

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZero216 View Post
I talked with Brian Doe on Twitter and he confirmed that he isn't Kamui. My best guess is Matthew Erickson or, as unlikely as it is, Kristian Ayre. However, Zenzo is Brent Miller. That was confirmed.
I see. And I don't know why but since posting that I've been hearing Brendan Hunter as Kamui. But closer to his Banagher Links voice from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. Not most other voices he's done.
Ichigo341578926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #34
Ichigo341578926

I'm under the impression that Matsudaira was voiced by Michael Dobson. Is anyone else thinking this?
Old 05-15-2017   #35
BioZero216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo341578926 View Post
I'm under the impression that Matsudaira was voiced by Michael Dobson. Is anyone else thinking this?
Michael Dobson's range is so massive that not even I would know. If it isn't him, I'm guessing it's Richard Newman.

Also, this isn't confirmed, but according to TV Tropes and various Wikis, here are some more castings. Again, not confirmed.

Isaburo: Andrew Kavadas

Nobume: Lalainia Lindbjerg

Kamui: Matthew Erickson

Sacchan: Ashleigh Ball

Oboro: Mark Oliver

If these are correct, I predicted all of them correctly and if they aren't, someone on TV Tropes saw my predictions and just took my word for it.

Also, I am 100% sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that Paul Dobson is Heiji Kozenigata and I'm pretty sure Abuto is Bill Mondy.
BioZero216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017   #36
Autovolt

Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt

Quote:
Michael Dobson's range is so massive that not even I would know. If it isn't him, I'm guessing it's Richard Newman.

Also, this isn't confirmed, but according to TV Tropes and various Wikis, here are some more castings. Again, not confirmed.

If these are correct, I predicted all of them correctly and if they aren't, someone on TV Tropes saw my predictions and just took my word for it.

Also, I am 100% sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that Paul Dobson is Heiji Kozenigata and I'm pretty sure Abuto is Bill Mondy.
It surprises me that Funimation nor Crunchyroll edited the cast lists to confirm the rest.

It's not like Ocean's dubs are non union anyways.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017   #37
Abdullab

Smile Re: Gintama Ocean Dub

hey guys im curious on fake piccolo in ep1-2 of the dub any idea who voiced him also im glad ocean got to return to dragon ball even though its a parody this is the closest we will get to ocean kai
Abdullab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017   #38
Autovolt

Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullab View Post
hey guys im curious on fake piccolo in ep1-2 of the dub any idea who voiced him also im glad ocean got to return to dragon ball even though its a parody this is the closest we will get to ocean kai
That's obviously Scott McNeil, he was already voicing a character in the dub, heck they might have cast him for the Fake Piccolo alone initially.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017   #39
Abdullab

oh cool, i just wanted to check this makes this scene even more hilarious although i would have loved to hear mcneil say Makankosappo but the classic special beam attack works too.
Abdullab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017   #40
Ichigo341578926

Quote:

Well if that wasn't Bill Mondy as Abuto than it was Clay St Thomas, as for Nobume I actually heard Chiara Zanni, and If that wasn't Ashleigh Ball as Sacchan than it could have been Ingrid Nilson.