Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Discuss your favorite NickToons & Nick Jr cartoons or any other Nickelodeon Shows

Old 06-27-2014   #111
CatsTuxedo

Send a message via Yahoo to CatsTuxedo
Default Re: Legend of Korra

So Season 3 just started today and I have to say it's looking quite promising; it already feels more like ATLA than the last two seasons did.
CatsTuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #112
TheVengeanceKnight

And only two weeks until the next one. -_-
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014   #113
Blair

I hate to get my hopes up because I felt this exact same way after the first few episodes of season two, but I like where season three may be going. I already like and/or dislike the new characters (instead of not deciding until several episodes later.) I like that they took on the idea of "new airbenders" (what I would have hoped for if A:TLA somehow went into another season) and the new enemy. I am concerned, once again, that there may be too many plots at once, but if they mange to connect then it won't be a mess by the end.

Last edited by Blair; 06-29-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014   #114
UltimateCharm

I thought it was a great start for the new season opener. I loved the Napoleon Dynamite airbender (voiced by Jon Heder no less).
How many centuries have I walked this world... caught in the crossfire of human existence? I have walked and walked -- and my eyes have beheld such struggle, such suffering, such unmitigated EVIL... The time will come when I hold the secret in my hands; when I will TRULY KNOW THE SOURCE of humanity's evil... ...and that knowledge will lead me through the Abyss ... to the threshold of GOD. And then the Day of Redemption will arrive-- for this weary world...
UltimateCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014   #115
VctrBnsn

SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN PASSED EPISODE THREE!!!!

I was really impressed with the season premiere, more so than last seasons, I'm really liking the direction it's taking, the villains are AWESOME, and there finally seems to be a real comradery to the team.

Some episodes leaked in Spanish and I saw them (despite being Hispanic, I can't speak any Spanish, but I caught a few words here and there and I think I can followed it OK). The action is INCREDIBLE, Kai seems like he'll actually be competent, and several plot points seem to be paying off. However, there seems to be a subplot that involves Lin and her sister that may or may not be tedious. From what I can tell it doesn't seem to be handled well, I'll just have to wait for the English dub.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014   #116
Savate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsTuxedo View Post
So Season 3 just started today and I have to say it's looking quite promising; it already feels more like ATLA than the last two seasons did.
I wouldn't go that far based solely off of these two episodes, but it's a good start and certainly better than how Season 2's finale was handled-- while I was okay with that, it was pretty rushed, IMO.

I liked Seasons 1 and 2 well enough, though, of course-- don't get me wrong.
Savate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014   #117
SupremeTarantulas

Season 3 has a strong start, the 4 villains have me intriqued, and Zuko reminds me of Ozai now, (design wise) Kai reminds me of Aang design wise, and his voice sounds like how Aang would as a teenager IMO. Queen Hao Tung getting the Da Li back to antagonists is pretty welcome too.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 07-05-2014 at 03:52 PM.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014   #118
UltimateCharm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Season 3 has a strong start, the 4 villains have me intrigued, and Zuko reminds me of Ozai now, Kai reminds me design wise, and his voice sounds like how Aang would as a teenager IMO. Queen Hao Tung getting the Da Li back to antagonists is pretty welcome too.
Yeah, when I saw Zuko, I'm definitely NOT reminded of his father. Zuko remains the same character that he was in TLA, only older and a lot more experienced. I doubt Ozai would be worthy of riding a dragon, for one thing.
How many centuries have I walked this world... caught in the crossfire of human existence? I have walked and walked -- and my eyes have beheld such struggle, such suffering, such unmitigated EVIL... The time will come when I hold the secret in my hands; when I will TRULY KNOW THE SOURCE of humanity's evil... ...and that knowledge will lead me through the Abyss ... to the threshold of GOD. And then the Day of Redemption will arrive-- for this weary world...
UltimateCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014   #119
Blair

I am surprised that they are airing episodes (on television) two at a time. The entire season is only 6 weeks of airtime long.

I guess that they wanted it all to air doing the summer before school starts back.
Old 07-05-2014   #120
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCharm View Post
Yeah, when I saw Zuko, I'm definitely NOT reminded of his father. Zuko remains the same character that he was in TLA, only older and a lot more experienced. I doubt Ozai would be worthy of riding a dragon, for one thing.
I meant voice wise, he sounds like Ozai or even Zhao at first, I expected something more like Iroh.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote