Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > DC & Marvel

DC & Marvel Discuss DC & Marvel properties Here

Old 06-01-2015   #331
GothamRed

Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/198...utm_medium=tvi

Ultimate Spider-Man Season 4 and Avengers Assemble Season 3 CONFIRMED!

Ultron will return as well...

(Read the whole article please.)
So the Sinister 6 are the main villains...but I don't really like the ultimate spider-man sinister six...

Maybe the new members will be better, though I wish Doc Ock was one of the ones being replaced, I'm tired of him at this point.

Last edited by GothamRed; 06-01-2015 at 06:02 PM.
GothamRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015   #332
vgiannell5

After seeing the 4-part season finale, I thought it was weird to hear Jeff Bennett voice both the Collector and the Grand Master at the same time.
vgiannell5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015   #333
TylerMirage
Administrator

Looking at the images in the USM request thread, it's cool to see how some SMASH characters look in USM's style. They're all (obviously) an improvement over the SMASH designs, except for The Collector. He looks...worse. Plus, I was expecting him to have a redesign to look more like he did in the live-action GotG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamRed View Post
So the Sinister 6 are the main villains...but I don't really like the ultimate spider-man sinister six...

Maybe the new members will be better, though I wish Doc Ock was one of the ones being replaced, I'm tired of him at this point.
Maybe they'll kind of change up the roster of Sinister Six from their typical members? Depending on how prominent they actually are in the season (see my post in the Avengers Assemble thread), it could be a rotating membership. Start out with existing characters (Doc Ock, Electro, Kraven, Lizard, Sandman) and then introduce new characters like Kingpin, Mysterio and Chameleon. Plus, they could always throw guys like Goblin, Taskmaster, Rhino and Vulture in there. There's a lot of villains to choose from to mix-and-match a Sinister Six.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 06-02-2015 at 02:27 PM.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015   #334
GothamRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Plus, they could always throw guys like Goblin, Taskmaster, Rhino and Vulture in there. There's a lot of villains to choose from to mix-and-match a Sinister Six.
I doubt they'll do Rhino for reasons you'll find out when those episodes aire.
Old 06-02-2015   #335
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamRed View Post
I doubt they'll do Rhino for reasons you'll find out when those episodes aire.
I'm aware that

SPOILER ALERT

Rhino has more-or-less been reconditioned into being a "good guy" (which I actually find more interesting than him being a part of any villain team), but it's always struck me as an uneasy alliance. Like a ticking time-bomb.

Plus, my main point was that they could change it and try and keep it fresh. If you're not a fan of the USM portrayals of the classic Sinister Six members, I'm just saying that they could throw a curve-ball and have some characters like Vulture, Rhino or Scorpion (typically villainous Spider-Man roles, but are kind of ambiguously factioned or straight-up protagonists) attempted to be "recruited" by the Sinister Six. In fact, an episode where the Sinister Six try to recruit Rhino might be a good chance to flesh out his character a bit more. It's always Spidey doing the convincing for Rhino to stay with SHIELD, but why not have an episode where Rhino comes to that conclusion on his own? He's recruited, reluctantly joins the Six, thinks it's cool, realizes it's not, then comes back to Spidey on his own volition?
Old 06-05-2015   #336
SupremeTarantulas

Unhappy Re: Ultimate Spider-Man

It'd be cool if Doc Ock and/or the Sinister Six alter Rhino without his knowledge to make him go crazy and trash everything, then offer to "fix" him and get him to join, and manipulate him throughout the season, then he finds out and rejoins the good guys. It will most likely be Dic Ock, given his constant use here and being a main baddie, but I'm down for Goblin returning and assembling the six to make Spidey's life a living hell, targeting Aunt May, MJ, and even Harry, who could become Hobgoblin, after Green Goblin and/or Doc Ock transforms him. I think that they should use Shocker and Boomerang in bigger roles this time, especially Boomerang since he got like two lines in "Burrito Run"' and start off the season by the introducing Mysterio, Chameleon, and maybe Hydro-Man, and then a team up with Shocker and Boomerang and then Goblin breaks all these guys out the form the Six in the next episode, or just correspond the former with the latter. Or just leage out one of the guys and use Rhino, or Ock can start his own team in a War Of The Sux, using Rhino and Hobgoblin, and assemble three other established members or Spidey's Rogues gallery on USM, Electro most likely then there's a ton of options for the next two, Scorpion, Kraven, or just do more with Molten Man. I don't think Vulture will join Doc Ock's team due to the fact he hates Doc Ock for what he did to him, but maybe he could join Goblin's, and they never finished his story so maybe Ick could blackmail him, also Sandman could return since he was kind of returned to a villain in Contest Of Champions, though both could join Goblin's team too. I do find it funny that a Sinister Sux set up was the main goal of the Webb films, which they refused to ape, and now that they're done, they're jumping at the chance to do a Sinister Six arc. Is the MCU still going through with those plans? I heard they were.

That being said it looks we can say goodbye to S.M.A.S.H. unless it's renewed later after it's season is completed. A pity but I get it at the same time, as it can't ape the MCU as much, since they're not doing much with Hulk, Leader being as recurring as he is almost makes up the fact that we're not getting a movie with him. USM and AA have more stuff to ape, especially USM since Spidey recently joined the MCU, and even if he didn't it's Marvel's biggest character and they're not gonna cancel USM for the reason, plus as popular as he is throughout the world is reason alone, as that gets views and sells toys, comics etc. for this generation. AA well the Avengers are a big thing nowadays with the the first film, Age Of Ultrin, and the solo films, making $$$$$$$$$ and more $$$$$$$$$ with each film, and AA like USM is good to sell toys, comics etc. to the younger generation. Guardians Of The Galaxy is Marvel's latest "big thing". It's a fresh franchise that had a successful that then sold $$$$$$ in toys, comics, etc. to the younger generation and ours, and the series will continue to do that. Unless Marvel can manage four shows, it looks like S.M.A.S.H. is the odd ball out that will get cancelled to make room for Guardians. A shame cause it's a fun series and I enjoy it's take on Red and A-Bomb, and most of it's stories but with all the connection going on, have we really seen the last of the Agents Of S.M.A.S.H.? For what it was, a series with fun voices for Red and A-Bomb, and using obscure characters, if real the last of it then .I'll summon up my feelings this way as I'm not too sure how I feel about this. :

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 06-05-2015 at 08:15 PM.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015   #337
TylerMirage
Administrator

You know, I'm really hoping that season 4 introduces some more classic Spidey villains (especially with the whole "emphasis on Sinister Six"-thing they'll be pushing). They don't have to throw everyone in, but I'd love to see Kingpin (preferably voiced by Fred Tatasciore), Chameleon and Mysterio show up.

Also, I hope that they can tone down the HEY GUISE HERE'S A CROSSOVER WITH THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY AND THE AVENGERS episodes. I'm okay if there's one episode where the GotG help Spidey and his team and an episode where the Avengers do the same thing, but don't overdo it. Given that Spider-Man still has his old team plus the Web Warriors plus the focus being on the Sinister Six, that right there should give them enough episode ideas without having to rely on a GOTG appearance or throwing more Iron Man in it.
Old 06-25-2015   #338
Music Meister

I just want less Nova.
Music Meister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015   #339
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Meister View Post
I just want less Nova.
I'd be down for that. Less Nova, more* Mary Jane (she's only been in, like 15 of the 78 episodes!) or Coulson (didn't appear at all in season 3).

*Preference would be more of the Web Warriors and new Spidey villains, obviously, but if we're talking about some of the older, more established USM characters...
Old 06-25-2015   #340
GothamRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Meister View Post
I just want less Nova.
He's not as bad later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
I'd be down for that. Less Nova, more* Mary Jane (she's only been in, like 15 of the 78 episodes!) or Coulson (didn't appear at all in season 3).

*Preference would be more of the Web Warriors and new Spidey villains, obviously, but if we're talking about some of the older, more established USM characters...
Too bad it feels like with the introduction of SHIELD Academy, Harry and MJ aren't on the show anymore, I mean they don't go to Midtown anymore. Cause I guess kids hate characters with no superpowers? Nobody tell Batman...he's sensitive.

I don't expect Coulsen again, he's busy with Agents of SHIELD.

Maybe now that it seems Peter and MJ are allowed to be together in the comics again, they'll let that happen on the show now. Instead of the lame scene from the first episode "explaining" why they aren't love interests this time around...cause if they're on thing that's been proven, it's that Spider-Man fans love when writers make up bulls*** reasons to keep Peter and MJ apart.