Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 4 Days Ago   #381
RetroPokeFan

Default Re: Unpopular Opinions

Despite the XY series being a favourite of mine in most cases it isn't 100% perfect.

Serena improved as a character later on but I found her to be rather dull at the start of the series.

The plot involving those Malamar looked intriguing.... and then the show just randomly abandons it all for no reason.

Animation although nice isn't always amazing (eg: filler ep before the league).

Greninja's release is easily one of the most forced in the history of the series, I mean I get this is all just one huge advertisement for the game and Ash pretty much has to leave most of his Pokemon for the next region but the entire episode and excuse for our froggy's departure was just dreadful, not to mention it contradicts some of Zygarde's character.

Ignoring our Pokeman stuff, I'd actually love to see actors like Eric Bauza get involved in anime more.

*he says as he probably posted that somewhere before*
RetroPokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #382
Autovolt

Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPokeFan View Post
Despite the XY series being a favourite of mine in most cases it isn't 100% perfect.

Serena improved as a character later on but I found her to be rather dull at the start of the series.

The plot involving those Malamar looked intriguing.... and then the show just randomly abandons it all for no reason.

Animation although nice isn't always amazing (eg: filler ep before the league).

Greninja's release is easily one of the most forced in the history of the series, I mean I get this is all just one huge advertisement for the game and Ash pretty much has to leave most of his Pokemon for the next region but the entire episode and excuse for our froggy's departure was just dreadful, not to mention it contradicts some of Zygarde's character.

Ignoring our Pokeman stuff, I'd actually love to see actors like Eric Bauza get involved in anime more.

*he says as he probably posted that somewhere before*
LOL i admit never actually finished watching XY.

Yeah it had a lot of momentum but i think it fizzled out at the end.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #383
RetroPokeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
LOL i admit never actually finished watching XY.

Yeah it had a lot of momentum but i think it fizzled out at the end.
Totally made up for it with the Team Flare arc and the nice ending but yep, this is pretty much where the quality kinda drops for me with XYZ. Too many filler episodes (and not even good ones at that), barely anything from Lysandre or Team Flare (with only bits and pieces of them throughout the series until the middle of the league), Showcases not really being my *chuckle* "Cup of Tea" despite Serena's improvement IMO, a dreadful boring league where battles are rushed through in mere seconds and due to that only Sawyer and Alain's battles were any good, Alain (though one of my favourite characters) saying he wasn't going to do the league and then the next second showing up for the league (probably a rewrite or something) and then to top it all off Greninja becomes the region's weed whacker for all of eternity in a dreadful release episode where Xerosic just feels shoved in and the emotional punch is missing in action.

I mean I still enjoy the XY series and there definitely are some great moments but looking back now, it's a good series but it really has some big flaws and the cracks really start showing towards the end.
RetroPokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote