Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > Upcoming Theatrical Features

Upcoming Theatrical Features Catch up on the hype surrounding the latest upcoming theatrical features.

Old 07-15-2012   #1
TylerMirage
Administrator

Default Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" Live-Action Film

Welp, 2014 is the year we get to see how well a giant walking tree and talking racoon do in the theatres. Announcements and concept art follow.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...omic-con.jhtml

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/movies...ie-series.html

Now, based on the concept art for the characters, there's a good chance that Groot and Rocket Racoon will be voice-acting roles. (Mods, I totally dibs adding this one to the site :p ).

My personal choice for VAs would be Fred Tatasciore as Groot and Nolan North as Rocket Racoon. I envision Nolan's Penguin voice (or a variation of it) matching quite well with a live-action RR. But, not to be a Negative Nelly, I'm going to guess that the (potential) VAs for the characters are going to be more A-list actors, rather than immediately going for prolific VAs. Nothing wrong with that, mind you (because they can be just as talented as typical VAs), but they'd probably consider someone with "more recognizable" names like Simon Pegg and Michael Clarke Duncan before Nolan North and Fred Tatasciore.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #2
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" Live-Action Film

I was gonna post a request for this last night (sooooo much awesome Comic Con news in the past few days) but thought it was much too early. I know nothing about this title or the characters (except that Rocket Racoon is in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3)

But if you want dibs on it Tyler, I'd suggest you add it now using the concept art. We can remove Groot and Rocket in the unlikely event they're not voice acting roles later
Old 07-16-2012   #3
TylerMirage
Administrator

Added it now. Do you want me to make the page visible? Personally, I don't think it'd be worth it. Concept art and a 'Shopped movie poster with concept art for characters that don't have VAs attached to them yet. But if you want me to, I will gladly do so, boss.

Slightly more on topic, this movie could either be hit or miss. It's so 'out-there' that it could backfire and be absolutely ridiculous, or it could be fantastic. I'm very interested in how they're going to bring such a unique concept to the screen and have them be realistic. I mean, they may not actually interact, but consider that RDJ as Tony Stark would have the possibility of sharing a scene with a 2 foot tall talking racoon holding a space rifle. Or Steve Rogers conversing with a 20 foot tall walking alien tree. I know Marvel's got it all under control, but I can't help but feel apprehensive about it. And also super excited.
Old 07-16-2012   #4
Foxwolf
Administrator

Up to you honestly. If you feel it's not worth showing then I have no issues with that. At least Rocket Raccoon will show up in his CharGen

While I applaud Marvel or going for the obscure/unknown, I do agree that it seems like a risky movie. Esp if it doesn't tie directly in with the Avengers etc, which is now their money making brand. If you just say it's Marvel, I don't think it will draw as much attention than if it's branded with Marvel AND the Avengers.

Though it looks fantastically funky (in a good way), so I look forward to it.
Old 07-18-2012   #5
UltimateCharm

In a way, I am looking forward to the Guardians of the Galaxy film. The main reason why they're making it is because of the ending to The Avengers film. I hope this means that the Ant-Man and Black Panther films will be coming out as well.
Old 07-19-2012   #6
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCharm View Post
In a way, I am looking forward to the Guardians of the Galaxy film. The main reason why they're making it is because of the ending to The Avengers film. I hope this means that the Ant-Man and Black Panther films will be coming out as well.
Well, an Ant-Man movie has been "in the works" for quite some time, and Comic Con revealed test footage of a fight sequence/VFX sequences. And they seem to be adamant that Edgar Wright is writing it, so I'd say it's safe to assume that Ant-Man is definitely coming in the near future.

For Black Panther, I'd love to see him in his own movie, but honestly, as a character, I think he works better as a supporting role in someone else's movie, a la Black Widow in Iron Man 2. Black Panther could work quite well as a supporting role in a movie like Captain America 2 or Ant-Man or something. Captain America has to travel to Wakanda to help stop a terrorist HYRDA group who is stealing vibranium. BOOM. Right there.
Old 07-19-2012   #7
Foxwolf
Administrator

Yeah, many superhero characters work so much better in a team environment than in a solo film.

I personally think Superman can be pretty boring on his own and is much more interesting in a team dynamic, esp when he and Batman butt heads.

Though I hear Zack Synder is going to try and make his Superman more vulnerable rather than god-like, so that might make him more relatable and interesting. Looking forward to Man Of Steel. Action will no doubt be off the charts. It's the story and character development that will be a test for Synder.
Old 08-01-2012   #8
Trami0501

More superhero movie is coming soon'
Trami0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #9
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trami0501 View Post
More superhero movie is coming soon'
Yep. The next couple of years are ripe with plenty of live-action superhero flicks.

2013:
-Iron Man 3
-Man of Steel
-The Wolverine
-Thor: The Dark World

2014:
-Captain America: The Winter Soldier
-The Amazing Spider-Man 2
-X-Men: Days of Future Past
-Guardians of the Galaxy

And those are only the ones that have been announced. Then there are movies like Ant-Man and the inevitable Avengers sequels, the proposed Hulk sequel and whatever DC has up their sleeve.
Old 08-07-2012   #10
UltimateCharm

Yeah, I hear DC is trying to make a Justice League movie, in response to the overwhelming success of The Avengers, starting with Man of Steel.