Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Idea Input

Idea Input Share reactions on the latest BTVA Features or give us ideas on what you would like to see.

Old 03-11-2012   #1
thomwim

Arrow Free member submissions

I'm sick and tired of having all my requests being ignored. But I'll prove them right someday. With legitimate sources that aren't even Wikipedia or the IMBD.
Old 03-11-2012   #2
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OptimusSolo Send a message via Skype™ to OptimusSolo
Default Re: Free member submissions

This post is not only pointless but very close to getting you a major infraction.
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012   #3
NCZ
Administrator

Maybe we just have more important things to deal with (more content, discussions, even new features). Foreign requests automatically take a backseat since not many of our team members are interested in them. We're not ignoring you. We're just placing your requests lower on the priority list.
Old 03-12-2012   #4
Foxwolf
Administrator

thomwhim, I already told you weeks ago that English content is our main focus. We're a very small team of volunteers. SOMEtimes BTVA team members add content for Foreign actors. But this rarely happens. Any foreign requests you make may take a VERY long time to be completed. Don't expect them to be looked at any time soon.
Old 05-14-2012   #5
thomwim

Here's everything you need, complete with various sources.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...searchid=57181

I ain't coming back for the rest of the month because of my extremely short temper.
Old 07-01-2012   #6
thomwim

Let me revise my suggestion, which was based on a dream I had during my 2-week ban.

First, a person selects the work they want to add an actor's name to.
Next, the user types in the actor's name.
After that, he or she picks out the character to include the actor.
Then, the person includes a reliable URL (no wikis allowed), along with a comment in case the character was renamed in a certain language, or the video is unavailable outside a certain country.
Finally, the request is submitted, and the administrators will have to review it before the actor is added.
If the request is accepted or denied, the user will receive a private message on the forum.

I'm a really sensitive person, and I don't want lesser-known roles to be left behind, even if they're lower priority.
Old 07-01-2012   #7
NCZ
Administrator

Sorry, Fox and the rest of us are really busy what with the contest, adding to the rest of the site, and real life. New features will have to wait until the contest is over. How does September at the earliest sound?
Old 07-01-2012   #8
thomwim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Sorry, Fox and the rest of us are really busy what with the contest, adding to the rest of the site, and real life. New features will have to wait until the contest is over. How does September at the earliest sound?
Ah, that's all right. A two-month wait is fine with me.
Old 07-01-2012   #9
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomwim View Post
I'm a really sensitive person, and I don't want lesser-known roles to be left behind, even if they're lower priority.
You don't have to worry about your requests everybeing full-on forgotten, thomwim. They may be "left behind" occasionally (but then again, so are certain high-priority English language requests too), but they'll never be deleted or anything like that (barring anything that goes against the rules, of course). That's why the forum is there; to be filled with those requests. Feel free to continue posting as much reliable and verified information for foreign requests as you can. When us mods/admins get time, they'll be stored in the forum, nice and neat and organized for us to add when we see fit. Believe us, we too want to see as many foreign VAs added to the site. We want to see this site as complete as possible. But for reasons already stated, the foreign requests take a backseat to various other things we work on for the site. All in due time.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012   #10
thomwim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
You don't have to worry about your requests everybeing full-on forgotten, thomwim. They may be "left behind" occasionally (but then again, so are certain high-priority English language requests too), but they'll never be deleted or anything like that (barring anything that goes against the rules, of course). That's why the forum is there; to be filled with those requests. Feel free to continue posting as much reliable and verified information for foreign requests as you can. When us mods/admins get time, they'll be stored in the forum, nice and neat and organized for us to add when we see fit. Believe us, we too want to see as many foreign VAs added to the site. We want to see this site as complete as possible. But for reasons already stated, the foreign requests take a backseat to various other things we work on for the site. All in due time.
That makes me feel better on the inside. Whichever TV show or character with only one language listed must be very lonely, and should invite visitors from out of country. Moreover, it makes me wonder how the administrators program the actors to the roles; on second thought, that's better off left a secret.