Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > Movie Reviews

Movie Reviews Share your reviews on the latest movies and help others decide what they should see next! Threads may contain SPOILERS.

Old 07-03-2012   #31
TylerMirage
Administrator

Default Re: The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarry View Post
Around 15 days ago i have watched The Avengers. Its really nice movie to watch. According to me its really nice then past two movies of this series. Once again will smith does really awesome job......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
so you mention Avengers but you're referring to Men In Black 3
No, no, he's not talking about MIB 3. I believe he's talking about that new Sean Penn movie. You know, the one where he's a photographer in New York with Emma Stone and gets accused of betraying MI6? I believe it's called Expendables 2.
TylerMirage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012   #32
NCZ
Administrator

Ignore it; it's a spambot.
Old 07-03-2012   #33
Foxwolf
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
No, no, he's not talking about MIB 3. I believe he's talking about that new Sean Penn movie. You know, the one where he's a photographer in New York with Emma Stone and gets accused of betraying MI6? I believe it's called Expendables 2.
lol

@NCZ - spambot? but where's spam? spam fail
Old 10-09-2012   #34
TaZZerath

Post Re: The Avengers

Finally saw this. Since it's been out for a while I'll say 'Spoiler Alert' but will hope that people have seen/heard enough about it by now

Overall I agree with Foxwolf that this is a great popcorn flick but certainly doesn't rank at #1 in my Marvel Cinematic Universe movie list (probably more like #3 below Iron Man and Thor).

RDJ as Iron Man stole the show as always, although I think they used his sarcasm a bit TOO much, but he did use it as a great distraction tool.

Chris Hemsworth as Thor was my second favourite. He didn't have much overall screentime but still fits the boots of Thor very well IMHO.

Mark Ruffalo as Hulk was a definite dichotomy of a character; his supposed gentle nature underlying the fact he's 'always angry', although his Helicarrier attack then didn't make much sense apart from maybe he can't control 'the other guy' ALL the time. Loved his interactions with Stark (nerds in arms)

Cap America was... okay. He was still adjusting to a modern world and what I've heard there's some deleted scenes I need to find to better see this in context because he seemed very centered VERY quickly when the invasion was underway. One thing I missed though is why he gave Fury an old Tenner on the bridge of the Helicarrier when the Avengers were initially assembling?

Black Widow and Hawkeye.... the 'human factor' characters. Hawk was better than Widow for me. They both kept themselves centered, I could see that, but they seemed very secondary to the 'real heroes'.

Sam L as Nick Fury was very serious and I liked the fact he didn't overdramatise. Although why they didn't remove him from the bridge when he was 'no longer in command' made NO sense to me.

'Robin' from How I Met Your Mother.... didn't mind her in a serious role for a change.

Coulson.... good night sweet prince!

Loki... what can I say.... he never really sold it for me. He was a villain with all style and no substance. Much less manipulative and more out of his element here than in Thor.

Overall the action scenes and drama were there, interspersed with some 'comic comedy' moments so the movie was never TOO serious. The soundtrack was awesome and inspiring to me (but I love Silvestri's work). The Helicarrier design was cool. The new Iron Man suit was cool although i don't know what was 'unfinished' about it (except the 'spinning rims' hehe). I agreed with Whedon ditching the triangle. The bad guys were just biomechanical cannon fodder though the 'flying turtles' were nicely designed. The way they are disabled is very much a movie staple these days a la ID4 and The Phantom Menace.

I'm glad I watched it, and I have high hopes that Avengers 2 will build upon the 'Introduction Movie' style that we see for superhero movies today (although that CAN be hit (Dark Knight) and miss (Iron Man 2)).
"I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come...and you will know my name is Megatron when I lay my vengeance upon you!" -- Megatron, Quoting the Covenant of Primus, Beast Wars

Last edited by TaZZerath; 10-09-2012 at 08:18 PM.
TaZZerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #35
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OptimusSolo Send a message via Skype™ to OptimusSolo

i'm confused...how did Iron Man 2 'miss'??
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #36
TaZZerath

Post Re: The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusSolo View Post
i'm confused...how did Iron Man 2 'miss'??
IM2 is still a good sequel in its own right, dont get me wrong, its just didn't build on anything special in my opinion. Sequels should always try to build and mature a character and their story, but a lot of it felt like 'The Avengers Prequel' to me. Don Cheadle as a replacement to Terrance Howard felt a bit stilted and bland (not his best work); Sam Rockwell could've been better utilised as Hammer felt bumbling and stupid. Mickey Rourke was a good villain though.
"I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come...and you will know my name is Megatron when I lay my vengeance upon you!" -- Megatron, Quoting the Covenant of Primus, Beast Wars
Old 10-10-2012   #37
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
Cap America was... okay. He was still adjusting to a modern world and what I've heard there's some deleted scenes I need to find to better see this in context because he seemed very centered VERY quickly when the invasion was underway. One thing I missed though is why he gave Fury an old Tenner on the bridge of the Helicarrier when the Avengers were initially assembling?
Are you confused as to why Steve gave Fury money, or confused at what exactly he gave him? If it's the former (why did Steve give Fury money?), it's supposed to a joke; a reference to a customer "tipping" their waitress or airline stewardess. After Fury welcomes them onboard the helicarrier (read: welcoming them to their flight/accommodations), Steve (read: the customer) offers Fury (read: the employee) a little monetary tip, to reward Fury for his great service.

Quote:
The new Iron Man suit was cool although i don't know what was 'unfinished' about it (except the 'spinning rims' hehe).
Yeah, the way JARVIS says "Sir, the Mark IV is not ready for deployment", it'd make you think that there's some serious upgrading or something that needs to be done before it's ready to be used. But from what we saw, Tony seemed to be able to handle the suit just fine. If I had to search for some possible reason as to why it apparently wasn't ready, I'd have to imagine that JARVIS was referring to fine details, perhaps aesthetically, perhaps with finer software relays or some science s**t like that. Probably just JARVIS being his paranoid and picky self.
Old 10-10-2012   #38
TaZZerath

Smile Re: The Avengers

Quote:
Are you confused as to why Steve gave Fury money, or confused at what exactly he gave him? If it's the former (why did Steve give Fury money?), it's supposed to a joke; a reference to a customer "tipping" their waitress or airline stewardess. After Fury welcomes them onboard the helicarrier (read: welcoming them to their flight/accommodations), Steve (read: the customer) offers Fury (read: the employee) a little monetary tip, to reward Fury for his great service.
Right, okay! Sorry, its an Americanism clearly (I'm from the Land of Oz you see)

Quote:
Yeah, the way JARVIS says "Sir, the Mark IV is not ready for deployment", it'd make you think that there's some serious upgrading or something that needs to be done before it's ready to be used. But from what we saw, Tony seemed to be able to handle the suit just fine. If I had to search for some possible reason as to why it apparently wasn't ready, I'd have to imagine that JARVIS was referring to fine details, perhaps aesthetically, perhaps with finer software relays or some science s**t like that. Probably just JARVIS being his paranoid and picky self.
Well I thought that perhaps it didn't have enough power behind it that his Mark III had but it sure did have some kicka$$ capabilities!
Old 10-10-2012   #39
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Right, okay! Sorry, its an Americanism clearly (I'm from the Land of Oz you see)
I don't think it's an "American"-thing solely. I would say it's a cultural thing, regardless of country: tipping someone who does a good job.
Old 10-11-2012   #40
Foxwolf
Administrator

Back home in Oz tipping is not customary at all (eg. like it commonly is at restaurants here in the US). Growing up I think the only time I ever tipped was for valets.