6th BTVA Voice Acting Awards

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 07-03-2012   #251
NikLotus

Default Re: Um, hello there...

Hi, Trackball!

First of all - Wow. Inspiring story. Makes my intro post look thin and pedestrian by comparison.

You seem like a cool dude. Looking forward to any clips you post.
NikLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012   #252
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Yo - BTVA noob here.

Hey NikLotus! Great to have you part of the BTVA community and thanks for sharing a backstory about yourself.

That's awesome that you were in radio for 5 years. I look back and wish I had took more drama/theater classes

Look forward to "seeing" you around the site and hearing your voice acting
Old 07-13-2012   #253
Gray

Default Re: Um, hello there...

Hello there. Well I'm inspired with your story up there. I love singing and also want to practice it really bad. Just continue your passion and never let anything to stop you doing what you love. Do not be discouraged. Keep going!

Last edited by Gray; 07-14-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #254
Gray

Default Re: Yo - BTVA noob here.

Hi there Nik. It is a very nice autobiography. I have watched some anime and I'm very amazed how the voice actors put the emotions to line of the characters. Just continue with your career and excel.

Old 07-13-2012   #255
Gray

Default Re: Greetings!

It is great. Take my warm welcome. I'm excited what your post will be and also the tips that you will be giving. I know that you are experienced in the field. Just want to say hi.

Old 07-13-2012   #256
Gray

Default Re: Why hello there!

Hello there Silver. I'm also a new member of the forum. Work hard for your dreams. Money is not a factor if you really love what you do.

Last edited by Gray; 07-14-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-13-2012   #257
Gray

Default Re: Hello!

You are on the right site. Stay here! Many try to find jobs here that are related to voice applications. Have a great stay in the forum.

Last edited by OptimusSolo; 10-30-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 07-13-2012   #258
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Why hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Money is not a factor if you really love what you do.
Exactly. That's what most voice actors will tell you. If fact, I've heard a few say if you can be content with another career that is more stable with money, then do that instead. Don't pursue a career of voice acting for the money. Do it because it's your one and only passion (career-wise)

And welcome to BTVA Gray
Old 08-03-2012   #259
Blair

Default I have arrived! . . . *crickets chirping*

Hello to all.

I only stumbled across this site yesterday, surprising since I do often look up character-to-cast info. I had been using another site for a lot longer, and I guess that I had just gotten used to going there directly. Only a few minutes in, I wished I had found this site sooner!

So, any sort of run-through on how this site works? Are all suggestions/submissions made through the forum and then a select group does all of the work? I was surprised (and pleased) right away to hear voice samples of the characters I was looking up. This is something I had wished for years that the other site would add. Not to be too picky (this is meant as a critique, not a criticism,) but with that amount of work put into it, I was surprised to hear such a wide variety of volume levels when playing the different sound files. If all of the files are being put on the site by only a few people, I'd have thought the volume of the files would be normalized for uniformity. If you decide to consider this for the future, I would suggest using MP3Gain and tell the staff what setting to use. It only works on MP3s so files might have to be converted, but again, it's just something that crossed my mind right from the start.

Oh yea... this topic was supposed to be about me. Well, given my private nature, there really isn't a lot I usually tell about myself at first. I don't even have a Facebook page. *The whole world gasps* While I am not a voice actor, voices and effects have always been an interest of mine. (I may present a sample if I can figure out why my headset stopped working.) I was one of the kids that grew up watching '80s Saturday morning cartoons (and '60s-'70s reruns) and at only 6 or 7 years old saying, "Those two voices sound exactly the same. They couldn't get someone else to do the other voice?" or "Why are adults doing the speaking lines for child-characters? You aren't fooling anyone just by raising the pitch a little bit!" Sad, I know!

OK, I think that's it for me. Carry on!

(Why is this post so long? This may be my only message, who knows. I've just never seen the point of joining a site and then never posting in the forum at all. This forum has over 4,700 members who have never posted.)
Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012   #260
TylerMirage
Administrator

Default Re: I have arrived! . . . *crickets chirping*

Welcome to the site, man. Enjoy your stay. TL;DR for the most part. Sorry. I'll re-read later.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, anime, assistance needed, audition, avengers emh, bad english, british, english, enthusiasm, french, friendly, girl, graphic design, hello there, horror movie director, introduction, introductions, jeff bennett, joe winko, kazutoification, let's dub, london, nerd, new member, new user, newbie, noob, please be nice, pokemon, presentation, scooby-doo, shared account, sims 2, skype, snes, voice acting, voice acting actor, voice actor, voice actress, voice training, wii