Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 07-03-2012   #1
NikLotus

Talking Yo - BTVA noob here.

Hi, everyone!

My name is Nikole. I am a born-and-raised Kentucky girl (though my mom and her family hail from Michigan). I will be moving to Oklahoma soon. My birthday is February 14th, which I'm afraid has doomed me to be a hopeless romantic forever.

I stumbled across this site when looking up info about One Piece voice actors. It's a shame I didn't get here in time to enter AYVO. Kyle Hebert is hilarious and I would have loved to meet him. I haven't had the chance to go to any cons and meet people. Yes.... I am a con virgin. Oh, well.

Anyway, I am an anime fan. My favorites include Naruto, One Piece, Death Note, Chobits, Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Spice & Wolf and D. Gray Man. I am also a huge fan of animation in general and a bit of a gamer. I want to be like Three Dog when I grow up. I'm all about fighting the good fight - y'know, comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Speaking of which, I worked in public radio for 5 years. I've also been involved in vocal music and theatre my entire life. I love performing more than pretty much anything else in the world. I also am a huge audio production nut. I get to be a bit of a perfectionist when I'm recording and editing. When you can hear the smile in a performer's voice and the passion of the producer in the product, I think it makes a huge difference.

I'm looking forward to getting into a community that shares my passions and contains some people I could possibly collaborate with in the future on some awesome projects. I know I've got the drive and the love for the craft - I just need opportunity.

Anyway, if you want to check out my portfolio, it's at http://NikLotus.4shared.com. You will notice that the "Singing" folder is currently empty, but I plan to remedy that soon. I really enjoy singing, but I haven't recorded myself doing so in a long time and I'm uncertain about the audio equipment I have picking up my voice just right. I'm THAT girl on karaoke night... the one who won't sing if she thinks she will sound bad. Karaoke is serious business, y'all.

I've blathered on long enough - Thanks for listening, children. <3

-Nik

Last edited by NikLotus; 07-03-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Adding more info about myself/editing for flow
NikLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012   #2
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Yo - BTVA noob here.

Hey NikLotus! Great to have you part of the BTVA community and thanks for sharing a backstory about yourself.

That's awesome that you were in radio for 5 years. I look back and wish I had took more drama/theater classes

Look forward to "seeing" you around the site and hearing your voice acting
Old 07-13-2012   #3
Gray

Default Re: Yo - BTVA noob here.

Hi there Nik. It is a very nice autobiography. I have watched some anime and I'm very amazed how the voice actors put the emotions to line of the characters. Just continue with your career and excel.

Last edited by Gray; 07-14-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote