Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Character Discussions

Character Discussions Who are the best villains and heroes? Discuss all character related topics here.

Old 06-19-2012   #1
Shadow Hawk
Banned

Default Yellow Jacket in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I'm not sure if you're able to believe me but Yellowjacket is more of a recurring character than a main character because he wasn't seen with the Avengers physically since Hany Pym went psycho due to the fact that conviction wasn't enough to solve problems. But hey this isn't because you're placing characters in front of Wasp. I'm just saying you may want to put Yellowjacket in the recurring column of the page when you get the chance
Shadow Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #2
TylerMirage
Administrator

Default Re: Yellow Jacket in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Yeah, this was a brain-scratcher when I added him. I wasn't too sure of where exactly to place him. "Well, 'Yellowjacket' so far is a GUEST role, or RECURRING at best. But 'Hank Pym' is definitely considered MAIN overall. So, should I classify his role designation based on his alter-ego or his superhero name?"

In fact, for a lot of roles it's difficult to identify them under those categories until the entire series is completely over. For example, by the end of season one, The Thing was merely a GUEST role. But at this point in the series (I'm currently at episode 19 of season two), he's appeared multiple times, thus prompting me to place him as a RECURRING role. You could make the argument that by the first couple of episodes of season two, Breakdown was a MAIN character in TFP. But now that he's...you know..., the question arises as to whether or not he should be moved, since he hasn't appeared (for obvious reasons) for quite some time. I've also pre-emptively placed Spider-Man in the RECURRING section, because I assume he'll be showing up at least once more, despite the fact that he's only been a key player in one episode so far. So, as I said, I wouldn't get too flustered over categorizing characters. It's dependant on so many factors that the line between MAIN, RECURRING and GUEST roles can easily be blurred.

*And he's placed in front of Wasp merely because 'Ant-Man/Hank Pym' and 'Giant-Man/Hank Pym' were placed in front of Wasp. If they were after her, so would Yellowjacket. I'm merely grouping the Hank Pyms together.
TylerMirage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #3
Shadow Hawk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Yeah, this was a brain-scratcher when I added him. I wasn't too sure of where exactly to place him. "Well, 'Yellowjacket' so far is a GUEST role, or RECURRING at best. But 'Hank Pym' is definitely considered MAIN overall. So, should I classify his role designation based on his alter-ego or his superhero name?"

In fact, for a lot of roles it's difficult to identify them under those categories until the entire series is completely over. For example, by the end of season one, The Thing was merely a GUEST role. But at this point in the series (I'm currently at episode 19 of season two), he's appeared multiple times, thus prompting me to place him as a RECURRING role. You could make the argument that by the first couple of episodes of season two, Breakdown was a MAIN character in TFP. But now that he's...you know..., the question arises as to whether or not he should be moved, since he hasn't appeared (for obvious reasons) for quite some time. I've also pre-emptively placed Spider-Man in the RECURRING section, because I assume he'll be showing up at least once more, despite the fact that he's only been a key player in one episode so far. So, as I said, I wouldn't get too flustered over categorizing characters. It's dependant on so many factors that the line between MAIN, RECURRING and GUEST roles can easily be blurred.

*And he's placed in front of Wasp merely because 'Ant-Man/Hank Pym' and 'Giant-Man/Hank Pym' were placed in front of Wasp. If they were after her, so would Yellowjacket. I'm merely grouping the Hank Pyms together.
No. Yellowjacket is more of a recurring character because like I said he hasn't been physically been with the Avengers since he changed his ego, still, Ant Man and Giant Man are main characters, I give you that but Yellowjacket, not exactly.
Shadow Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #4
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hawk View Post
No. Yellowjacket is more of a recurring character because like I said he hasn't been physically been with the Avengers since he changed his ego, still, Ant Man and Giant Man are main characters, I give you that but Yellowjacket, not exactly.
And Hank Pym is a MAIN character overall. And as I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post

It is neither here nor there whether or not Pym's 'with the team'. That has no bearing on his classification as MAIN, RECURRING, or GUEST. By that logic, I should've moved Thor to RECURRING characters by episode 7 of season two because "he hasn't physically hasn't been with the Avengers since he left the team". Sort of like how Graviton is placed under RECURRING (a decision from the previous admin who owned the page), despite appearing in only the first two episodes. Does that warrant a RECURRING spot or a GUEST spot? Or the Breakdown example again. It goes back to the blurred line. For all we know about the remaining episodes (which isn't much), Yellowjacket could easily be classified as a MAIN character, appearing in all but a few of the remaining episodes. Or he might only show up once more, who knows? The point is, because a 100% definitive answer cannot be concluded until the series ends, I will use my judgement on my page as I see fit for the time being.
TylerMirage is online now   Reply With Quote