Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Discuss your favorite NickToons & Nick Jr cartoons or any other Nickelodeon Shows

Old 03-19-2012   #1
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OptimusSolo Send a message via Skype™ to OptimusSolo
Default Legend of Korra

Discuss the Legend of Korra here!
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #2
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Legend of Korra

Premieres on Nick on April 13th!!!
Old 03-21-2012   #3
Shadow Hawk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
Premieres on Nick on April 13th!!!
That is true.

Last edited by Foxwolf; 03-21-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: don't post links to illegal copies of the show online.
Shadow Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #4
Cypo

Actually, it's worth noting that Mike DiMartino & Bryan Konietzko revealed on the Korra Tumblr that the first two episodes are gonna be released online this Saturday.

http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/1...-this-saturday
Cypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #5
Sarge Ray

I've seen the first episode and it is showing GREAT promise. It has an interesting premise, the animation is as good as ever, and the characters are likeable.

The main character is spot-on. Unlike Aang, who is a nice person as a whole and is learning the other bending powers, Korra is like a prodigy. She has bending downpat, but is impatient and reckless. I'm going to guess that, through this series, she'll slowly change into a different person...in a good kind of way, though.
Sarge Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #6
Foxwolf
Administrator

Having watched the first 2 episodes, I'm loving being back in the world of Avatar.

*SPOILERS AHEAD *

While it will take some time to adjust to the cars, cameras and radios, I think the new tech in the world is a natural progression from the first series. The animation is as beautiful as ever. The characters move fluidly and the backgrounds (esp Republic City) are amazingly detailed.

As for the main character Korra, she's not too bad. She hasn't caught my fondness like Aang did in his first two episodes. I get that in order to make her a fresh character she's the polar opposite of Aang, brash, rebelious and non-spiritual but I don't think they needed to force all of these opposite attributes on her just to try and make her different. Also, I'm not too fond of voice. She's voiced by Janet Varney and in my ears, the voice or the voice acting doesn't fit the character.

However, I'm really loving Aang's son and Korra's airbending mentor Tenzin. I was a little worried about JK Simmons' rough and distinct voice sounding like many of his other characters (J Jonah Jameson) but Simmons does a fantastic job toning it down and the voice fits perfectly.
Tenzin's family is also a nice additional supporting cast. They bring out the less serious side of Tenzin and remind us of all the fun and whacky airbending gags Aang used to do. The design of Meelo (youngest boy) is a tad on the extremely exaggerated style and ugly side for me.

As a huge fan of the first series, it's a little difficult to not compare LoK (Legend of Korra) characters with the TLA (The Last Airbender).
- Tenzin -> Iroh (mentor, wise, has a fun side though Iroh is much more goofy and both are members of the Order of the White Lotus)
- Bolin -> Sokka (they definitely have big shoes to fill with Sokka's comedy and so far, Bolin hasn't really struck a nail for me in his jokes or attempts at womanizing)
- Mako -> Zuko (still too early to compare but his seriousness is a little similar to Zuko and his character design looks very similar too)
- Naga -> Appa

Not sure my thoughts on the Pro Bending sport. I like the concept and hopefully we will get to learn more about the rules and strategies etc and it gains a fanbase of it's own (much like Quidditch from Harry Potter did)

The balance of comedy, drama and action is perfect. Lot's of easter eggs and other cool things in these 2 eps but my favorite part has to be the metal bender police. The way they move along the power lines, their "web slinging" wire tendrils, the metal holding cell, the fact that Toph's daughter is the chief of police ... all awesome.
Old 05-22-2012   #7
Dillon Taylor

Send a message via Skype™ to Dillon Taylor

I'm LOVING Korra! It's still early in the series, but man is it fantastic. The animation, the music, the story, the acting... all top notch! It's definitely a worthy successor to TLA
Dillon Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #8
PandaCutie13

Red face Re: Legend of Korra

Is it just me, or does General Iroh sound like Zuko? Same voice actor? Go Dante Basco
PandaCutie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #9
Jackson_H
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCutie13 View Post
Is it just me, or does General Iroh sound like Zuko? Same voice actor? Go Dante Basco
I remember Dante Basco saying he recorded some stuff for Korra.

Iroh II (?) looks pretty young so he's probably Zuko's grandson.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012   #10
Jackson_H
Administrator

I really liked the season finale (especially liked Tarrlok's last scene and the last 3 minutes of the episode with Korra); I think more than Book 1 of The Last Airbender.

Korra has definitely surpassed my expectations but I doubt it'll ever surpass Book 3 of The Last Airbender; I've watched my DVDs of that season several times and never get tired of it.

I'll definitely buy Korra on DVD when it's released.

I wonder if TPTB will release the show in volumes (3-4 episodes each) or go straight for a complete season collection (hopefully the latter )

Looking forward to Book 2.

Last edited by Jackson_H; 06-25-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote