Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Discuss your favorite NickToons & Nick Jr cartoons or any other Nickelodeon Shows

Old 04-17-2012   #21
Nightmare Crusher

Default Re: Dragon Ball Kai

Why does Meredith not being Android 18 anymore not make sense?
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #22
PurpleWarrior13

Send a message via Skype™ to PurpleWarrior13

Because she reprised her role of Maria Ross for FMA: Brotherhood around the same time, and was replaced in DBZ Kai with someone who already had a lead role in the show.
PurpleWarrior13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012   #23
gohan18Kai

But Colleen Rep Android 18 in DBZ Kai I liked very much.I love Meredith's songs but I never got used It In The Voice # 18
gohan18Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #24
Trami0501

DBZ Kai English Dub version I never saw it before!
Trami0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #25
Nightmare Crusher

Does anyone know if that Ocean dub of Kai is ever coming out?
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #26
RachaelLane1984

Default Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai might end with the Cell Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Grove View Post
DB Kai is much better than DBZ because the dub is much better and No Filler. The only bad thing in Kai that there is no Buu Saga.

I think that Greg Ayres should dub Adult/Teen Goku (Using Saiyuki Goku's voice) instead of
Sean Schemmel .

I also think that Vic Mignogna should dub Vegeta (Using Ikkaku's voice) instead of Chris Sabat.
I am thrilled that we will finally be getting the Buu Saga. Having all the manga volumes of both DB and DBZ I have begun re-reading the Buu arc to give myself a refersher course. I do wonder if during the Saiyaman storyline if Japan will do over the animation of Videl finding out who Gohan was because how she learned his identity was COMPLETELY 100% different in the graphic novel. I suppose we will see I guess. *shrug*

I know that some people have been saying about Meredith McCoy and why didn't she reprise her role as Android 18. I admit I loved her as well, she gave a seductive/cold hearted edge to the character that made her that much more attractive to aduiences. However, I don't think Colleen did a bad job on either 18 or Gohan. Her performance sounds much closer to their japanese voices.
RachaelLane1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #27
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai might end with the Cell Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelLane1984 View Post
I am thrilled that we will finally be getting the Buu Saga. Having all the manga volumes of both DB and DBZ I have begun re-reading the Buu arc to give myself a refersher course. I do wonder if during the Saiyaman storyline if Japan will do over the animation of Videl finding out who Gohan was because how she learned his identity was COMPLETELY 100% different in the graphic novel. I suppose we will see I guess. *shrug*

I know that some people have been saying about Meredith McCoy and why didn't she reprise her role as Android 18. I admit I loved her as well, she gave a seductive/cold hearted edge to the character that made her that much more attractive to aduiences. However, I don't think Colleen did a bad job on either 18 or Gohan. Her performance sounds much closer to their japanese voices.
Glad you are mature on this. Many people whine about how Kai is infinitely better and how they claim their preferences as fact (which is really retarded IMO) despite that it has its flaws too. Rant aside, I am also curious about the Buu saga too.
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #28
RachaelLane1984

Default Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai might end with the Cell Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
Glad you are mature on this. Many people whine about how Kai is infinitely better and how they claim their preferences as fact (which is really retarded IMO) despite that it has its flaws too. Rant aside, I am also curious about the Buu saga too.
Thank you. I always try to be fair of course in all my posts. True, I prefer DBZ Kai over the original series, however, I won't sit here and pretend it doesn't have it's flaws either. Much like DBZ, while it may have it's problems about it with pacing, dubbing and whatever else, it still has it's own charm about it causing millions around the world to still enjoy it. Besides, nobody ever said you can't appreciate both.

Last edited by RachaelLane1984; 12-06-2012 at 11:53 PM.
RachaelLane1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #29
Fulgore2005

Smile Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai might end with the Cell Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelLane1984 View Post
Thank you. I always try to be fair of course in all my posts. True, I prefer DBZ Kai over the original series, however, I won't sit here and pretend it doesn't have it's flaws either. Much like DBZ, while it may have it's problems about it with pacing, dubbing and whatever else, it still has it's own charm about it causing millions around the world to still enjoy it. Besides, nobody ever said you can't appreciate both.
That is exactly how I feel. It certainly doesn't matter if you enjoy both shows IMO.
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #30
Trami0501

What about DBZK Buu Saga?
Trami0501 is offline   Reply With Quote