Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call BTVA's newest feature. Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 04-15-2012   #31
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Casting Call (Voice Acting Projects)

Slowly getting there. I've been tied up with life outside BTVA lately
Old 05-16-2012   #32
Hendercrazy

While I'm really looking forward to the social networking and personal profile side of things the most... shockingly, I'm already ready to use the casting call feature for a project!!! So whenever you launch this puppy... I'll have something to post up shortly thereafter.
Hendercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012   #33
Foxwolf
Administrator

Cool! Man, I'm so behind with launching this First thing is I'm prepping for AYVO Season 2 then I'll be getting back to Casting Call.
Old 05-16-2012   #34
Hendercrazy

I'll probably go ahead and post it up in the Auditions/Job Postings section then first... see if I can get a hit sooner rather than later. I'm sure I'll have a few more fun projects in that near future.
Old 05-16-2012   #35
Foxwolf
Administrator

Sadly I don't see a lot of people respond to the Auditions / Projects threads since it's inception. But the reason for that is I think BTVA's current audience is mainly voice over and cartoon fans, rather than aspiring voice actors. As you know, the plan is to make it an equal balance of the two.

Once Casting Call is up, the plan will be to market it on other sites and also have a couple of contests to entice people to create projects and also audition. Give Casting Call a kick start so to speak.

Have you been participating in any voice projects on other sites lately Hendercrazy?
Old 05-16-2012   #36
Hendercrazy

That's okay... I'll post it up anyway. Won't hurt anything, right? I'll also likely open a casting call on YouTube as well.

I'll be extremely happy when this place does become more balanced between the two! Not that the site and forums aren't already informative, fun and interactive... but it'll be nice having more aspiring voice actors to mingle with, share experiences, work on projects and network with.

This place, Soundcloud and YouTube are the only places I really hang VO-wise. I've done a bit of surfing through those other voice acting sites... but I've just never been impressed enough or felt a warm enough atmosphere with them to actually sign-up. Not saying they're bad by any means... just not my kind of place I guess? This place has always had a more comfortable feeling to it. Just patiently waiting for the new expansion here!

As for current VO projects... I finally got my script for the Dragonball fanimation from waaay back when, recorded my character lines and sent off. Those got approved. Otherwise, I've just been continuing to research and become more knowledgeable in the VO industry, got my home booth/studio room fully set now and have been practicing in various ways... all in preparation for putting together my demo(s).
Old 05-16-2012   #37
Foxwolf
Administrator

No, I totally agree. I think most other voice over community sites feel very sterile and trying to sell you on all these "amazing" services like "get coaching from pros". They feel more like a job site where you just upload your profile/resume and then there's little to no interaction with fellow voice actors. It feels more like you're competing with them (esp on voices.com and voice123.com where those are paid subscription sites), rather than learning from one another.

Cool, which Dragon Ball characters did you voice? And are you allowed to share your recordings? I'd love to listen to them.
Old 05-17-2012   #38
Hendercrazy

Unfortunately, I can't tell you very much about it. Only that I'm voicing two villain characters (and possibly a third) and that all of the work is pre-lay. While I'd love to share the recordings... I'm afraid the soonest you'll get to hear my work will be when the trailer I'm in gets posted publicly. I'll be sure to post that link here on the forums when that happens.

I will say though that's it's been a fun experience thus far! I'm quite excited about how the animation looks and I'm really looking forward to hearing my voice along side the likes of well-known YouTube VA Brian Tubbs!
Old 05-17-2012   #39
Pokejedservo

Send a message via MSN to Pokejedservo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
Sadly I don't see a lot of people respond to the Auditions / Projects threads since it's inception. But the reason for that is I think BTVA's current audience is mainly voice over and cartoon fans, rather than aspiring voice actors. As you know, the plan is to make it an equal balance of the two.

Once Casting Call is up, the plan will be to market it on other sites and also have a couple of contests to entice people to create projects and also audition. Give Casting Call a kick start so to speak.

Have you been participating in any voice projects on other sites lately Hendercrazy?
Well with all due respect FW but I think it can also be due to the fact that it is in its "Beta" stages and is only known through one section of the boards (not too mention probably wouldn't want to do much in its current state). Once the Casting Call is actually released there is a decent change that more people might be interested though.
Pokejedservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #40
Foxwolf
Administrator

I was actually referring to our current forum thread, not casting call.