Send a message via AIM to OptimusSolo Send a message via Skype™ to OptimusSolo
Default Adventure Time

Discuss Adventure Time Here
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #2
Strife

Send a message via Skype™ to Strife
Default Re: Adventure Time

I like Adventure Time. I really do. My brother, however, loves the show. He's told me multiple times that this is his favorite cast of actors for these characters, just the perfect group.

I love how imaginative and creative the show is with the various creatures and mythos. Thankfully the art style is easy on the eyes with it's bright colors and simplistic design. However, it's the characters that really hook me in.

My favorites are The Ice King, Marcelline, Finn and Jake. Oh, and Gunther, the Ice King's little penguin thing.
Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #3
Lordmegatron64

Angry Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network is a lost cause.

our generation had it the best. but we also now have it the worst. not to mention the future generations to come. Cartoon Network was great. Toonami, anime, codename kids next door, Megas XLR, and so many more awesome shows. sadly however. 2006 was the year it all fell apart. CN got a new, extremely selfish and retarded CEO. and because of him CN now sucks. Nick has because a series of channels that dive their Drama into a classification for all ages. Kids WB is now gone. jetX died with Kids WB, and now. we set up the inevitable funeral for cartoon network. television has become nothing but a graveyard. for what was once good, is now dead.
Lordmegatron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #4
NCZ
Administrator

Default Re: Cartoon Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmegatron64 View Post

our generation had it the best. but we also now have it the worst. not to mention the future generations to come. Cartoon Network was great. Toonami, anime, codename kids next door, Megas XLR, and so many more awesome shows. sadly however. 2006 was the year it all fell apart. CN got a new, extremely selfish and retarded CEO. and because of him CN now sucks. Nick has because a series of channels that dive their Drama into a classification for all ages. Kids WB is now gone. jetX died with Kids WB, and now. we set up the inevitable funeral for cartoon network. television has become nothing but a graveyard. for what was once good, is now dead.
I really wouldn't say television is dead. Cartoon Network has (correct me if I'm wrong) Young Justice, Adventure Time, Regular Show, the Amazing World of Gumball, and Generator Rex. Those are all great shows. I can't really speak for Nickelodeon and Disney because yeah, they do seem to have gotten worse, but Cartoon Network at least is making a recovery.

"No, sir... all thirteen!"
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012   #5
OptimusSolo
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OptimusSolo Send a message via Skype™ to OptimusSolo
Default Re: Cartoon Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmegatron64 View Post

I disagree big time - some of those networks have needed to die for a long time and others have come along that have easily filled the void.

The HUB and qubo for example.

Plus, cartoon network has two of the best shows going right now in The Clone Wars and Thundercats!!
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #6
Lordmegatron64

Unhappy Re: Cartoon Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
I really wouldn't say television is dead. Cartoon Network has (correct me if I'm wrong) Young Justice, Adventure Time, Regular Show, the Amazing World of Gumball, and Generator Rex. Those are all great shows. I can't really speak for Nickelodeon and Disney because yeah, they do seem to have gotten worse, but Cartoon Network at least is making a recovery.
no it really isnt. generator rex and young justice are ok but its not enough to heal cartoon network. the amazing world of gumball is another show that fails to meet comedy standards. i love adventure time and regular show...but again. CN will be what it was 6 years ago. the fact that its not making as much of a recovery as it should be shows that cartoon network is slowly dieing. whats really hurting cartoon network are the reality shows. they are a disgrace to CN. i dont know who came up with the idea of making reality shows for a cartoon station but they need to be punched in the face. our childhoods have been destroyed and without reason. its truly heartbreaking.

i wish CN would get a clue and do the right thing for once.
Lordmegatron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #7
thomwim

Cool Re: Adventure Time

Adventure Time is coming soon to Japan! And Romi Park is probably going to dub Finn!

http://www.cartoon.co.jp/sp/cn_programs/view/00483

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUSr8K6vWzA (Japanese trailer)

In general, Cartoon Network tends to get at least one higher-profile actor per dub (for example, Junko Takeuchi as Gumball), plus a bunch of lesser known seiyu.

Last edited by thomwim; 04-14-2012 at 05:34 PM.
thomwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #8
thomwim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2smoV2L86So

Even MORE Japanese footage!
Old 05-10-2012   #9
thomwim

All hail LSP's super manly voice!
Old 08-01-2012   #10
Trami0501

My cousins like Adventure Time on Cartoon Network I like this show!
Trami0501 is offline   Reply With Quote