Lord of the Rings Voice Compares

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Other 2000s Animation

Other 2000s Animation Discuss the animation that took place during the 2000s

Old 03-18-2012   #1
Jackson_H
Administrator

Default Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5 Discussion

Doesn't air until this September but why not talk about what we'd like to see.

Season 4 ended on Friday and has opened up several possibilities.

Darth Maul is back. Focused, restored and angry!

I'm sure many have talked about it before but I'll support it too.

I want to see Darth Maul vs Count Dooku.

A battle of Sidious's apprentices, past and present.

Obviously Dooku can't die since he eventually gets killed by Anakin in Revenge of the Sith but that doesn't mean he can't have a challenging fight and maybe even need backup from Grievous.

Dooku is stronger with the force and it's been said his skills with a lightsaber are second to none except to Yoda and maybe Mace Windu but Darth Maul is younger, faster and has more physical strength.

If it's a one on one duel Dooku has the edge but I can see Savage Opress assisting Maul and making it a 2 on 1 fight.

They both teamed up on Obi-wan and Dooku has faced multiple opponents at once before.

I'd also like to see Durge and I'd like Daran Norris to come back an voice him.

He was a unique and a cool character in the 2003 Clone Wars series.

Apparently there were plans to bring Durge in but instead they replaced him with a new character Cad Bane.

Cad Bane is definitely a great character and Corey Burton does a fantastic job voicing him but I'd still like to see Durge.

It might actually be good timing since season 4 brought back Death Watch and IIRC Durge hates all Mandalorians in addition to Jedi.

Finally I'd like to see some of the gaps filled in.

It seems that several episodes in the 2008 Clone Wars series like to jump around back and forth so the continuity isn't in exact order.

It seems George Lucas wants the 2008 Clone Wars to erase the 2003 Clone Wars series and become the new canon.

That's fine since there were some moments in the 2003 series that were very exaggerated (Mace Windu kung fu anyone?) but there were still some great character development and important moments in the 2003 series not yet covered or shown in the 2008 series.

Are we ever going to see how Dooku first recruited Asajj Ventress?

How General Grevious was recruited and how they had to rebuild his body (prototype Darth Vader) after purposely ambushing him in secret?

Anakin and Ventress's first duel on Yarvin 4 and how he got his scar on his eye from her?

What would you like to see in season 5?

Last edited by Jackson_H; 03-18-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote