Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Act Your Voice Out - BTVA's Voice Acting Contest > Contest Discussion

Contest Discussion Talk about the contest, how the contestants are performing and any feedback here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011   #11
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Foxwolf's Feedback - Auditions

All my feedback for everyone is now on page one of this thread. I will send the private feedback separately through the forum messages. Thanks again for your patience.
Old 09-22-2011   #12
Strife

Send a message via Skype™ to Strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
Here is my feedback so far ...

Strife
Overall, it was good audition. But it didn't stand out. You started off well with the gruff sounding Yoda voice, but then you went into the other characters that didn't really showcase any emotion. It was mainly the choice of lines that restricted your acting. And the acting could've been stronger but felt as though you were holding back. The latter characters also sounded very similar so for a while, I couldn't tell if they were meant to be the same. And watch out for speaking so closely into the microphone. When you said "forfeit" at the beginning, you created that "pop" sound. A pop filter should help take care of that.
After reading this and the other 2 feedbacks, I know exactly what went wrong with my audition.

I got scared and held back. I totally picked the wrong time to do that. One minute to go crazy and show what I can do just for the jitters to shoot me in the foot.

I'll get over it. All I need is practice, a mic stand, and a pop filter. In season two, it's gonna be all me.

WWWYKI
Old 09-23-2011   #13
Pandanimation9

Not to be a bugger, but A-hem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
All my feedback for everyone is now on page one of this thread. I will send the private feedback separately through the forum messages. Thanks again for your patience.
Old 09-23-2011   #14
Foxwolf
Administrator

@Pandanimation, oops, I thought I sent it. I must not have hit send. I've definitely sent it this time. sorry bout that.

@Strife Don't worry dude, I've been through the exact same thing. When I did that voice acting workshop back in '08, the feedback Tony Oliver gave me was I had good acting, but I held back. And after I thought about it for a second, he was right. That day was also the first time I had recorded in a studio, and in front of other people. And it wasn't that I was nervous, I was just so new to it. But now I know to just let it all out.
Old 09-23-2011   #15
Strife

Send a message via Skype™ to Strife

@Foxwolf

Yeah, this was the first contest or anything that I've done this far. But I'll do better next time. I just gotta learn to let it all out.
Old 09-24-2011   #16
EliteF50

Thank you very much! I'll definitely work on those.
Old 09-25-2011   #17
wolfen-ways

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

I'm actually doing online voice acting, but at least I'm learning to improve on my acting.

Again, thank you so much.
Old 10-03-2011   #18
totoyamado

well i should've chosen something different too, the its a crab part is supposed to be a girl so i changed it to a mellow type person, and i had no idea how to make the just admit defeat line sound good, what it was is one of the characters trying a "Dad" impression, but yeah thanks for the critiquing, your the first person who said i had potential, others have said im not letting it all out but they never said anything about potential.
Closed Thread