Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > General Movie Discussion

General Movie Discussion Discuss the latest film you've seen or anything else related to the Movies.

Old 09-19-2011   #1
Pandanimation9

Default Incredibles

I think if there was any Pixar movie that should have a sequel, it would be The Incredibles. Somehow, that never happened. THink about it: there are so many things you can do with a family of superheroes. How has this not been done, I ask you?
Old 09-19-2011   #2
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Incredibles

I believe I read an article where the fate of a sequel lies in the hands of Brad Bird (the director of the 1st movie). He said if, and ONLY if he could come up with a deserving and preferably better story than the first movie would he make a sequel.

To me, the reason why the first one was so amazing was it family movie with a superhero themed wrapping around it. All the family issues between husband and wife, parents and kids, husband and midlife crisis are all relatable and made the movie feel real. The superhero theme just made it a million times cooler.

If they made a sequel, they certainly couldn't rehash the same family issues from the first one. While many movie have wanted a sequel for years, my fear would be if a sequel were forced to be made, then it would be for spectacle more than substance (like Cars 2)
Old 09-19-2011   #3
Pandanimation9

That's true, but I'm sure Mr. Bird could come up with something just as awesome.
Old 02-11-2012   #4
pokemastanumba1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandanimation9 View Post
I think if there was any Pixar movie that should have a sequel, it would be The Incredibles. Somehow, that never happened. Think about it: there are so many things you can do with a family of superheroes. How has this not been done, I ask you?
As awesome as a sequel to the Incredibles movie would be, I'm sure it's not going to happen. It's already been many years since its release and Pixar focuses more on the fantasy genre, as it's usually more family-friendly and relatable to than a superhero title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
To me, the reason why the first one was so amazing was it family movie with a superhero themed wrapping around it. All the family issues between husband and wife, parents and kids, husband and midlife crisis are all relatable and made the movie feel real. The superhero theme just made it a million times cooler.

If they made a sequel, they certainly couldn't rehash the same family issues from the first one. While many have wanted a sequel for years, my fear would be if a sequel were forced to be made, then it would be for spectacle more than substance (like Cars 2).
I totally agree with you here. I'd much rather leave the Incredibles as a stand-alone title rather than just dish out something new to appease the masses of action-hungry child fanatics. The superhero genre is much better done by DC/Marvel.