Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Character Discussions

Character Discussions Who are the best villains and heroes? Discuss all character related topics here.

Old 08-07-2011   #1
SM Scorx

Default Sasuke's VA Changed???

Everyone know that Yuri Lowenthal voices Sasuke Uchiha in almost every English Naruto adaption up to date. However, IMDb has Michael Sinterniklaas (Best known for voicing Dean Venture in the Venture Bros.) voicing Sasuke from the episode "Danzo" - "Start over Again?! Naruto Still Obsessed" in Naruto: Shippuden. Is this true?! Can someone confirm it?!

The reason I bring it up is because I was on Capcom-Unity and someone posted that Dan Southworth was returning as Vergil and Michael was voicing Phoenix Wright in UMVC3 and they said he [Michael] voiced Sasuke Uchiha in Shippuden.

Curiously, Michael is listed to be voicing Cletus Kassidy and Carnage in the upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man series (which is funny, because Kassidy ISN'T Carnage in the Ultimate Comics. In fact, they don't even bond since Carnage is this vampiric monster!).

-Yup, it's me ShadowRaditz89 from the FUNimation Forums
SM Scorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #2
Jackson_H
Administrator

Default Re: Sasuke's VA Changed???

Unless Yuri Lowenthal has health problems around the time of that episode I'm 99.9% this is not true.

Naruto is one of the few union approved anime dubs voice actors can legally work on.

It's not like Bleach (non-union) where there are recasts now and then since a VA doesn't want to get into trouble with the union for doing "outside work" or some of them use aliases.

Anyone who snags a role on Naruto will for sure hold onto it.

Plus you can submit anything on imdb.

You could probably submit credits for a deceased actor for a brand new project and somehow it'd get approved.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #3
Shadow Hawk
Probationary Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson_H View Post
Unless Yuri Lowenthal has health problems around the time of that episode I'm 99.9% this is not true.

Naruto is one of the few union approved anime dubs voice actors can legally work on.

It's not like Bleach (non-union) where there are recasts now and then since a VA doesn't want to get into trouble with the union for doing "outside work" or some of them use aliases.

Anyone who snags a role on Naruto will for sure hold onto it.

Plus you can submit anything on imdb.

You could probably submit credits for a deceased actor for a brand new project and somehow it'd get approved.
Or it may be a suggestion to the casting directors on who to replace Lowenthal with just incase he got bored and tired of voicing Sasuke
Shadow Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #4
pokemastanumba1

I personally think Shadow Hawk does have a point; it's been a long time ever since Yuri started voicing Sasuke, and after all these years, especially with more and more roles he's getting, he's most likely leaving the role just because he's plain sick and tired of it. There are lots of other things he's working on or is planning to, and the role of Sasuke is getting too repetitive.

I sure would miss Yuri though. :'(
Old 09-20-2011   #5
NCZ
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemastanumba1 View Post
I personally think Shadow Hawk does have a point; it's been a long time ever since Yuri started voicing Sasuke, and after all these years, especially with more and more roles he's getting, he's most likely leaving the role just because he's plain sick and tired of it. There are lots of other things he's working on or is planning to, and the role of Sasuke is getting too repetitive.

I sure would miss Yuri though. :'(
Considering how the money from all the times Sasuke appears adds up (movies, episodes, games), Yuri would be crazy to give up the role. Plus he likes playing Sasuke.
Old 09-23-2011   #6
pokemastanumba1

idk, Shadow Hawk was just making a point; a pretty good one at that. Though I do really love Yuri's performance as Sasuke, and hope it continues to bring him much success in his career!