Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 05-06-2010   #1
Kyle Hebert
Professional Voice Actor

Send a message via AIM to Kyle Hebert
Default Voice of Ryu checkin' in........

Hi there!
Just wanted to post here and say you've got a really cool website. Love seeing, reading, and hearing the voice comparisons on all the animation/game roles. Look forward to such a thing for some of my stuff in the future. Thanks for supporting all of us!

Sincerely,
Kyle Hebert
-Narrator from Dragonball Z (after Dale Kelley on the Funimation dub)
-Kiba from Naruto
-Aizen from Bleach
-Kamina from Gurren Lagann
-Ryu from Super Street Fighter IV
Kyle Hebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #2
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Voice of Ryu checkin' in........

Hi there Kyle, great to have your kind words about our site. In fact, I actually recall when the first version of BTVA was up, I accidentally spell your last name incorrectly as "Herbert" and you left a comment about it It's funny you mention Kamina in your sig, I actually had a chance to dub one of his scenes when I took part in a beginner Adventures In Voice Acting Workshop with Tony Oliver. I had a blast, it was awesome. Dubbing is certainly not as hard as I anticipated thanks to tightly timed script and the blips before each line begins Keep coming back, we'll certainly look to add more comparisons with your roles.
Old 05-08-2010   #3
PurpleWarrior13

Send a message via Skype™ to PurpleWarrior13

Hello Kyle! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying our site! We put so much hard work into it, and it's nice to hear some of the pros give us positive feedback!

BTW I loved your performance as Teen Gohan in DBZ!
PurpleWarrior13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #4
pokemastanumba1

Smile Re: Voice of Ryu checkin' in........

Hello Mr. Hebert! I am a HUGE fan of Dragon Ball and Naruto, and all your hardwork and effort never seizes to impress. Teen Gohan was pretty cool, not to mention a vast improvement over his child form. Of course, Kiba's always good for a laugh.

It's awesome to hear from one of the big stars. Please do check back frequently!
Old 02-04-2012   #5
NCZ
Administrator

No offense, but the last time he logged in was more than a year ago. He's unlikely to read that message.
Old 02-18-2013   #6
DVitamin

I know it's illegal to resurrect an old thread but I had the privilege to ask this very man a question at an Anime Convention in Chicago about almost a year and some change ago. If he ever remembers that day, I was the black male who asked the question about what they would consider "bad voice acting". I remember he was the only one who gave me a mature response. The other actors took it badly and responded in a way I thought was pretty un-becoming and un-professional. I guess that's a learning experience for me to maybe pose my questions better or voice actors are very...delicate.

Maybe a bit of both.

I dunno, I am glad that he liked this site and if he even thinks of reading such an old post, I want to thank him again for his response. He's a great voice actor in my opinion (actually legendary due to his influence on my younger exposure to anime).
DVitamin is offline   Reply With Quote