PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Joining...look here

OptimusSolo
06-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Anyone interested in joining the team please register here on the forums and send Foxwolf a private message and he will get the ball rolling. We currently only have about 10 admins and out of those ten only four regularly add content. With so much content to add we need people to help out!!

We are currently looking for people to help add content (Shows, Movies, characaters, assigning voice actors etc)

Some basic stuff you may need:

- image editing program (to crop and resize pics)
- image capture program (to take screencaps from shows, movies and video games)
- sound recorder to capture sound clips in MP3 format (we'll link you to a download if you don't have one)

We all have free programs that can do these things that we can direct you to...

Risingstar9109
12-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Hey as I already mentioned i would love to help out with adding images and mp3 clips I am already working on some for Tara Strong for you guys. I will also send a private message to foxwolf ! Anything i can do to help you guys out I'm game for :D since i love this site so much !

pete
07-24-2011, 12:45 AM
I have tons of clips I could add. Could you give me the link to registration please?

Foxwolf
07-24-2011, 02:10 AM
hi pete. there's not really a registration page to join our team. the way it works is you start off by posting content that we can add to our site and if the quality meets our standards, then you're able to join us to add content directly.

unfortunately we're mainly looking for people who can add image content first, with sounds being secondary. I'm sorry to say we can't bring someone on board who will only add sound clips.

NCZ
07-24-2011, 10:41 AM
And if these clips are for voice compares, we're not interested in people that only want to do that. We want content adders first and foremost.

SecretJustin1130
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Hey,

I was once a moderator on the forums but am no longer one probably due to the administration page reseting & since I wasn't really on the forums that much well...you get the idea. So I'm interested in becoming a moderator again.

Stephy Laurens
09-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi!

This is Stephy Laurens! Um, I was wondering if I can join as a Moderator or Administrator. I say this because I would like to assist in making this website the best voice acting reference website ever!

Experience as a leader:
I am the administrator of the Facebook group, "YouTube Voice Actors/Actresses". The group is running smoothly with over 60 members....so far! I'm hoping everyone is spreading the word about the group on YouTube so we can have every VA on YouTube join the group!

Good qualities that maybe useful:
I am very active on the internet, so that means if any of the members had questions, I would give them the most optimal answer within the same day. I am very patient and I will let others talk to me if any problems arise. I know how to work with HTML and the whole source code thing (tags, titles, img src, etc.)

I have a few questions to ask if that is okay with you:

1) If I am assigned as a moderator or administrator, do I make changes to the site? (adding pictures and sound files) If so, do I need another admin's permission? Also, does the site have a simple site builder so I can edit the site or do I need to open a certain source code of the page and work with HTML tags?

2) What's the difference between an administrator and a moderator? I kind of know the administrator position, but what does the moderator do?

I hope you find my qualifications to your liking! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! :)

Thanks so much!

Best,
Stephy Laurens

Foxwolf
09-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Stephy, we would love to have you on our team, esp a person with as much experience in voice acting and fans in the community as you. If you were to be on our team, I would definitely like to put you in charge of many of the future voice acting features/sections we have on the site (assuming you'd be interested). We certainly haven't expanded onto the Youtube (or video) scene and it's mainly been a time restriction and none of our team members are video savvy. But it's been brought up that BTVA have a Youtube channel. But we can discuss all that later.

First of all, the main thing we look for when adding members is that they're actively able to help out in completing our library of VA's, titles and characters. But you've already asked about that so great.

We put all new potential members through a screening process. We'd like you to show us your image editing skills by prepping images that we can add onto the site. Either find a new title that we don't already have and prep images for a handful of characters. OR you can go through our Request forum and get images for an incompleted in request. Here's a couple of examples

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1027&page=5

Our images are JPG's that are 210px wide by 240px high and less than 20KB.

After you do this a couple of times and we're happy with the quality of your images, then you've passed the test and can join the BTVA family :)

I'll be happy to answer your questions:

1) As a Mod/Admin, you be able to pretty much any content you see on the site (VA's, titles, characters, sound clips, Voice Compares, Top 10 lists, News, Voice This images and more). Team members can own any title (to protect existing images from being overwritten) but you can add new characters to someone else title. Otherwise, everything is free for all.
There's no site builder. No one on the site actually creates/edits any HTML that affects the site itself. I handle all the coding myself. All the content is stored in a database and the code feeds off of that. I built a Content Management System website where team members log in and use web pages to manage all the content of the site.

2) The difference between them is that Admin's contribute to the site in many more ways than Mod's. Think of it as an Admin being a full time employee and Mod's being part-time. Admin's are much more frequest on the site, contribute much more in Admin forum discussion to improve the site, do tedious tasks to better the site and more. Some Mod's help with only specific things (like only adding Voice Compares, or focusing mainly on Japanese voice actors, adding titles once every few weeks, and some help out a lot with adding content and fulfilling requests)

One thing I "warn" people who wish to join the team is theres a very long Guidelines post about adding content that we ask everyone to read and follow. It's all pretty straight forward, but theres a lot of it, but everyone here has gotten used to it. It's to keep the level of quality of the site as high as possible.

Looking forward to your response. Foxwolf

Stephy Laurens
09-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Really? It seems kind of easy to do!

Can I post picture and sound clips for the Alice page I wanted to see on the site?

Alright, now do the sound clips and picture have to come from another website, or can I add them as attachments?

Waiting to hear back!

Thanks!

Stephy Laurens

Foxwolf
09-29-2011, 06:52 PM
"Really? It seems kind of easy to do!" - hahahaha, remember that. I'm going to quote you on this if you start having issues ... j/k :P

For now, just focus on the images. We don't really test anyone on the sound clips. But for future reference, our sound clips are family friendly and we try to keep them under 30 seconds.

As for the images, I've not tried, but if you can add them as attachments, go for it. I'm not sure if you can. Otherwise, if it's not too much trouble, if you can upload them to an image server like Photobucket or something and link them here, that would be best.

Please make a new "Alice" thread under here http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Looking forward to seeing what you bring :)

NCZ
09-29-2011, 07:07 PM

Ha ha ha, you might not be saying that for long...

In all seriousness, it'd be a pleasure to have you aboard. Especially if you're going to actually help out, be active, and discuss things with us! It'd be good to have a social mod who, in addition to adding content, knows a lot about community things and can deal with people.

OptimusSolo
09-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Can I post picture and sound clips for the Alice page I wanted to see on the site?

Alright, now do the sound clips and picture have to come from another website, or can I add them as attachments?

Waiting to hear back!

Thanks!

Stephy Laurens

Also please avoid using 'google images' or other websites to obtain the pictures. Pictures preferably are captured from the actual show/movie etc either through an online video feed or your personal DVD collection. Pics should come straight from the source material in other words (no altered photos, fan art, or otherwise 'stolen' photos)

Stephy Laurens
09-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Also please avoid using 'google images' or other websites to obtain the pictures. Pictures preferably are captured from the actual show/movie etc either through an online video feed or your personal DVD collection. Pics should come straight from the source material in other words (no altered photos, fan art, or otherwise 'stolen' photos)

Hmm..video feed? Do mean I can get images from cutscenes within the game?

Like can I go onto YouTube, download a few cutscenes and extract the images from there?

Thanks

Stephy

Foxwolf
09-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Much simpler than that. If you're using a PC, when you watch the video, hit pause when you a good potential image. Then hit the Print Screen key on the keyboard (next or near the Scroll Lock key on the top row) and paste it in your image editor. It basically takes a picture of your screen at that exact moment. You would then crop and resize the character from that image.

This method however is more for TV shows and Movies. For video games, we have an exception where you can use concept or official art from the game. So for now, I'd say using Google Images is fine. Just make sure the images are of high quality.

Stephy Laurens
09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Okay! Thanks! I'll get started getting everything together....now I have sound clips, do you want them too?

Foxwolf
09-29-2011, 08:32 PM
You can hold onto the sound clips. If you make the team, you can have the honor of adding them yourself :)

Stephy Laurens
09-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Alrighty! Thanks!

OptimusSolo
09-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Or you can use a program like Photoscape which in my mind is even easier than the 'print screen' option and its still free :)

Foxwolf
09-29-2011, 11:39 PM
so how do you get your image into Photoscope I might ask Mr. Solo?

OptimusSolo
09-29-2011, 11:44 PM
so how do you get your image into Photoscope I might ask Mr. Solo?

it has screen capturing ability built in - you can capture the whole screen, a certain window, or a custom area on your screen - super easy too!

Stephy Laurens
09-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Actually my computer comes with a neat program called "Snipping Tool" It's really easy to use! Great feature! :)

OptimusSolo
09-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Actually my computer comes with a neat program called "Snipping Tool" It's really easy to use! Great feature! :)

The reason I suggest Photoscape is because its an all in one tool

You can capture the pics - resize them - lower the KB without changing anything, edit the pics, merge pics together and much more - Saves me from having to use multiple programs :) But use whatever works best for you!

Stephy Laurens
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Okay! I made a new thread titled:"Alice:Madness Returns" in the video game requests forum! Let me know what you think of the pics! Cropped them myself! :)

Foxwolf
09-30-2011, 02:42 PM
I just replied to your Alice thread.

Stephy Laurens
10-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Um....so I was just curious. Do I have certain qualities that you are looking for in order to take a position as Administrator or Moderator?

I mean, if I don't make the team, I will still help out regardless.

So..let me know what you think of me.

Thanks! :)

Stephy

Foxwolf
10-17-2011, 05:31 PM
While you certainly have many qualities we're looking for, our only concern is how much time you can dedicate on say a weekly basis in terms of helping us add content and fulfill requests.

I know you're able to reply to forums posts pretty regularly, but given your busy schedule, how often do you think you can help out with content?

Also, apart from the images you created for Alice and that tv show (sorry I forgot which one), I think we were waiting for you to help out with one more request. I believe you were looking into X-Men Destiny, but I think another Mod unknowingly beat you to it.

Let us know. It'd be great if we can work something out.

Stephy Laurens
10-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh...I am online every single day and I check my stats regular (about 5 times a day). I am also pretty active online due to the fact that I run a facebook group that has 64 members so far.

Now, I can help out with requests and everything. I will work on another request.

I regularly do voice overs on weekends so that doesn't interfere with any business with any tasks given to me.

:) Thanks for replying back.

Foxwolf
10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
cool. great to know. I say after you're able to do one more request (and I'd suggest do one that has verified credits) we'll have a final answer for you :)

BlankSlate
02-04-2012, 04:10 AM
I did compile together a bunch of sound clips, but I recorded the voices on Audacity, and so the sound quality isn't the best..

Foxwolf
02-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi BlankSlate. I'm not sure if you posted here because you're interested in joining so that you can add those sound clips?

BlankSlate
02-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi BlankSlate. I'm not sure if you posted here because you're interested in joining so that you can add those sound clips?

I'm not interested in joining, thanks, I was just trying to find a way to contribute them.

voicefan945
02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
I totally want to help update some of my favorite shows! I wanted to start doing VA compares on some Thomas & Friends characters.

Mr.Fennoy93
02-20-2013, 08:08 PM
I'll Join In. Call Me Crazy, but I Added Pictures & Recieve Links with Audio & Such.

CatsTuxedo
04-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Not perfectly certain if this is the right place to post this considering my specific scenario, but it seems to be the closest thing.

Over the past month, I've been spending my days turning my behavior around and adjusting my social conduct accordingly. I find myself much less negative and critical as I was before, and I've learned to let mistakes and short-comings go by if nothing can immediately be done about them.

In that respect, I feel that I'm ready to resume my duties as a moderator on BtVA if anyone else feels the same way.

Music Meister
06-14-2013, 10:02 PM
I have been a member here for over a year (I think it might even be two years) and I would like to be a bigger help to the site.

skeletonking1234
06-14-2013, 11:18 PM
I can crop pictures and I'm downloading voice clips and audio constantly for reference when doing roles for certain characters so I could definitely help give you guys some audio clips for a lot of roles. Theres several youtube channels I know where they just upload quotes that the characters say.

Plus I love seeing the image of a fully complete page on BTVA because it can really help when trying to get reference for a certain character or just see all the different performances in general.

Also Voice Compares are another thing I would absolutely love to do. voicing my opinion on who I think the better voice or version of a character is something I've done on other websites, and VCs are my favorite thing about the website because I think its fun to see what other people think on who has the better voice/performance.

It would be fantastic if I could help this sight more considering this website has helped me get such a boost in getting roles and such, so I feel I should give back

pete
06-14-2013, 11:43 PM
I can organize threads that are in the wrong section and add shows, movies, games etc, if I don't need any equipment for it.

TheVengeanceKnight
06-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I have easy access to TV episodes of shows I like; maybe I can add audio clips to the TV pages?

CatsTuxedo
06-27-2013, 02:08 AM
It's been two months now since I've last applied to regain my position and I've admittedly become aimless and restless (particularly with all the voice credits I've accumulated combined with the impending release of certain media). I feel enough time has passed for the powers that be to adequately gauge my recent conduct and judge whether or not I'm ready to retake my past position.

pete
06-27-2013, 02:29 AM
It's been two months now since I've last applied to regain my position and I've admittedly become aimless and restless (particularly with all the voice credits I've accumulated combined with the impending release of certain media). I feel enough time has passed for the powers that be to adequately gauge my recent conduct and judge whether or not I'm ready to retake my past position.

Perhaps you should try discussing this with the admins by messaging them. Posting here every now and hen may be considered spamming and probably won't help your case. Just some advice to avoid any trouble.

NCZ
06-27-2013, 08:11 AM
I can organize threads that are in the wrong section and add shows, movies, games etc, if I don't need any equipment for it.

We can do that ourselves, thanks.

I have easy access to TV episodes of shows I like; maybe I can add audio clips to the TV pages?

Requesting is enough if you're only interested in sound clips.

Nyxira
07-22-2013, 04:48 PM
While unfortunately I can't devote a vast amount of time to something that isn't going to be making me money, I'd like to help out any way I can. I'm very experienced with photoshop, and I am quite familiar with adding content and formatting to forums, having worked on at least five already, much of which was layout, graphics, and design, but for things like role playing forums I also added most of the thread descriptions and wrote the rules. On business sites I've added page content and banners.

I'm also the vice president of a rising young publishing company, so I am accustomed to management, diplomacy, and doing all manner of last minute odd-jobs.

That being said, I'm also very business minded, and good at thinking of ways to earn fair money.

OptimusSolo
07-22-2013, 07:49 PM
While unfortunately I can't devote a vast amount of time to something that isn't going to be making me money, I'd like to help out any way I can. I'm very experienced with photoshop, and I am quite familiar with adding content and formatting to forums, having worked on at least five already, much of which was layout, graphics, and design, but for things like role playing forums I also added most of the thread descriptions and wrote the rules. On business sites I've added page content and banners.

I'm also the vice president of a rising young publishing company, so I am accustomed to management, diplomacy, and doing all manner of last minute odd-jobs.

That being said, I'm also very business minded, and good at thinking of ways to earn fair money.

Nyxira, You may find this old post helpful when it comes to wanting to possibly join the team

First of all, the main thing we look for when adding members is that they're actively able to help out in completing our library of VA's, titles and characters.

We put all new potential members through a screening process. We'd like you to show us your image editing skills by prepping images that we can add onto the site. Either find a new title that we don't already have and prep images for a handful of characters. OR you can go through our Request forum and get images for an incompleted in request. Here's a couple of examples

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1027&page=5

Our images are JPG's that are 210px wide by 240px high and less than 20KB.

After you do this a couple of times and we're happy with the quality of your images, then you've passed the test and can join the BTVA family :)

I'll be happy to answer your questions:

1) As a Mod/Admin, you be able to pretty much any content you see on the site (VA's, titles, characters, sound clips, Voice Compares, Top 10 lists, News, Voice This images and more). Team members can own any title (to protect existing images from being overwritten) but you can add new characters to someone else title. Otherwise, everything is free for all.
There's no site builder. No one on the site actually creates/edits any HTML that affects the site itself. I handle all the coding myself. All the content is stored in a database and the code feeds off of that. I built a Content Management System website where team members log in and use web pages to manage all the content of the site.

2) The difference between them is that Admin's contribute to the site in many more ways than Mod's. Think of it as an Admin being a full time employee and Mod's being part-time. Admin's are much more frequest on the site, contribute much more in Admin forum discussion to improve the site, do tedious tasks to better the site and more. Some Mod's help with only specific things (like only adding Voice Compares, or focusing mainly on Japanese voice actors, adding titles once every few weeks, and some help out a lot with adding content and fulfilling requests)

One thing I "warn" people who wish to join the team is theres a very long Guidelines post about adding content that we ask everyone to read and follow. It's all pretty straight forward, but theres a lot of it, but everyone here has gotten used to it. It's to keep the level of quality of the site as high as possible.

Looking forward to your response. Foxwolf

Nyxira
07-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Ah, thank you very much.

OptimusSolo
07-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Ah, thank you very much.

No problem - if you need anything just message me!

brodyVO
08-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Hello.
I'm the responsible for posting Israeli VAs threads in the Foreign Language Requests and also for editing them for updating and Fixing. And I would like to join as a moderator to complete all of them myself. Sound clips - After the Completion. I already sent a PM, But This reply is just in case.

DreamMaster08X
12-10-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't know how the ranks are as of this moment, so altogether I don't know what parts of the site are in need of assistance. I'm willing to do some minor work if there are any areas that are neglected. If I could make a suggestion, anything to do with voice clips (VC or non-VC, but preferably the latter) I am willing to help out with.

Blair
12-11-2013, 01:57 PM
^ That kind of describes my interest level is as well.

I would like to help for the sake of adding another hand where every tiny bit helps, but I can't "dedicate time" as in an expected schedule or number of profiles to handle each week. This is why I have never asked.

Foxwolf
12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks for your interest guys. Blair has made a correct assumption in that we're really looking for new team members who are looking to help the site in all aspects and are passionate and dedicated enough to do so on a regular basis.

We've been burned in the past with some people joining, adding content specifically for shows /characters/VAs they had an interest in and then disappeared off the face of the Earth.

So it might go without saying that we're looking for long-term "team" players for the BTVA team. Another aspect we look for in people is how they conduct themselves on the site, through their opinions and their interaction with others.

DreamMaster08X, Blair - you are both what I'd call "model citizens" :) and I appreciate your offer to help. If at some point either of you think you'd fit the above criteria, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it further.

pete
12-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Might as well bring this up now but just to be clear here from what I've heard of requirements my computer doesn't have the equipment or programs required to add anything to the site. As a Senior Member the best I can do is point out mistakes to either the staff or to users who make them, especially if they're new or not used to the forums to give them a bigger understanding of how they work, considering how i was when I first joined. I also point out DOBS and DODS as well as any issues with character pages. I have plenty of it to dedicate to the site but I'm useless in my current situation. In the future if I have free time and have said programs or equipment, I wouldn't mind trying it. Just thought I'd address this now in case I'm ever considered a "candidate".

Music Meister
12-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Might as well bring this up now but just to be clear here from what I've heard of requirements my computer doesn't have the equipment or programs required to add anything to the site. As a Senior Member the best I can do is point out mistakes to either the staff or to users who make them, especially if they're new or not used to the forums to give them a bigger understanding of how they work, considering how i was when I first joined. I also point out DOBS and DODS as well as any issues with character pages. I have plenty of it to dedicate to the site but I'm useless in my current situation. In the future if I have free time and have said programs or equipment, I wouldn't mind trying it. Just thought I'd address this now in case I'm ever considered a "candidate".

When I offered to join I didn't have the programs either, Fox suggested a few stuff and I found free programs online.

Ross123
12-13-2013, 02:05 PM
I show interest in joining to represent the UK on the site. I may be a bit of a newbie since I only joined in July though I am willing to prove myself useful to the site. :) I must note that I may not have done as well as I should have when I joined but I will study the guidelines harder than before to be able to join up. Afterall, I do have a good memory. I just want to help out, that's all.

Blair
12-14-2013, 01:22 PM
DreamMaster08X, Blair - you are both what I'd call "model citizens" :)
*bow* :)

*Buys a home with a white picket fence.* :P

While I'm in this topic anyway, I might as well ask what programs are needed in order to help?

DreamMaster08X
12-14-2013, 01:31 PM
*bow* :)

*Buys a home with a white picket fence.* :P

While I'm in this topic anyway, I might as well ask what programs are needed in order to help?

^ What he said (all of it).

Foxwolf
12-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Because the primary mission for the site is to complete the database of VA's and their characters, we need people who are at least comfortable in image editing programs such as Photoscape and Photoshop. Something that can resize, crop and save images as JPG's.

Secondary (very far away secondary) is adding sound clips, which I would recommend Audacity.

A couple of things to note:

1. For anyone who post their interest in joining, we will contact you via private message if we think you'll be a good fit.

2. Those who want to join by saying they'll collect sound clips and/or create VC's - they will not be considered at all for the reasons stated above.

DreamMaster08X
12-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Because the primary mission for the site is to complete the database of VA's and their characters, we need people who are at least comfortable in image editing programs such as Photoscape and Photoshop. Something that can resize, crop and save images as JPG's.

I am able to do that. Whatever might be requested, I may do the best I can.

Secondary (very far away secondary) is adding sound clips, which I would recommend Audacity.

Those who want to join by saying they'll collect sound clips and/or create VC's - they will not be considered at all for the reasons stated above.

The reason I bring voice clips up is because I've seen many known projects/titles on the site that actually have very few voice clips themselves (at least NOT related to VC's), and there are various clips and videos I've seen everywhere that are able to help with that. If it's any trouble, I don't have to do so; it was merely a suggestion.

Foxwolf
12-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Don't sweat it DM. It was really a general note to everyone who reads this thread. The simple fact is, the images will always outweigh the sound clips. Plus to ever be able to compete with IMDB, BTVA has to keep trucking with adding image credits.

DreamMaster08X
12-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Don't sweat it DM. It was really a general note to everyone who reads this thread. The simple fact is, the images will always outweigh the sound clips. Plus to ever be able to compete with IMDB, BTVA has to keep trucking with adding image credits.

Understandable. IMDB also has the advantage of list all cast and credits of each of its titles. Though what differs it from BTVA is that the latter has the advantage of both listing credits of titles that are usually not listed in their IMDB counterpart, and also the ability of being able to present voiceclips for the credits as well, which is a pretty big advantage in my book.

DreamMaster08X, Blair - you are both what I'd call "model citizens" :)

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4784118033025472&pid=15.1

mewmanga88
12-22-2013, 10:43 PM

Programs don't need to cost money. GIMP and Audacity are both good.

Starscreamsfan
12-24-2013, 12:02 PM
I would like to add a great amount of clips in this website (mainly Godfather and Transformers video games) as well as in any other things you may need.

Foxwolf
12-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Hey Starscreamsfan. Good to hear from you. You may have missed my note in an earlier post but we're not looking for people to add sounds clips. The priority is for images given the database is still missing thousands of credits.

electronic456
01-06-2014, 05:28 AM
I'm kind of interested in contributing to the site.
I think I can do the following:

-Image editing (I'm more used to the Paint program for image editing, though I've had experience with Photoshop before so not much of a problem)
-Fix typos and mistakes around the site.
-Add missing or new content to the site without having to go to the request forums.
- I'd also like to be a mod to ensure the site forums don't have any troll or flame posts.

Oh yeah, if I became a mod.... Would I be the only mod from Australia?

TylerMirage
01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
I'm kind of interested in contributing to the site.
I think I can do the following:

-Image editing (I'm more used to the Paint program for image editing, though I've had experience with Photoshop before so not much of a problem)
-Fix typos and mistakes around the site.
-Add missing or new content to the site without having to go to the request forums.
- I'd also like to be a mod to ensure the site forums don't have any troll or flame posts.

Your interest is duly noted, electronic. (And yes, to my knowledge, no other mods are from Australia :) ).

You don't need to be an expert with Photoshop for the purposes of this site. As long as you can crop images, resize them (and save them at a lower size for web compatibility) and do a bit of tweaking here and there, that's really alls you need to be able to do.

However, until a time when we decide we need another mod, you're still more than welcome to help us out as a regular member with pointing out errors or reporting posts.

But like I said, we'll keep your 'application' on file. ;) Who knows, if you impress us enough with your behaviour and work, we might just come knocking at your door.

*Hint: A good way to impress us with content addition is by making super awesome request threads, with good images, credits and proper dimensions and whatnot. ;)

NCZ
01-06-2014, 12:16 PM

While he doesn't live there anymore, Fox is a born Aussie.

Foxwolf
01-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Too right, mate :)

TylerMirage
01-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Fox is Australian?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s96eiqKFnM0

Foxwolf
01-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Bum, bum, buuuuuuuuuummmm!!!

Segwaying from your video - boy I hope Dumb and Dumber To is half as funny as the first one.

electronic456
01-06-2014, 02:46 PM
While he doesn't live there anymore, Fox is a born Aussie.

Heh. I'm Australian but I was born with a Chinese background. That's pretty much who I am.

Foxwolf
01-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Where in Oz are you electronic?

DreamMaster08X
01-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Heh. I'm Australian but I was born with a Chinese background. That's pretty much who I am.

If it makes it interesting, I was born with major portion of Polish and Southern heritage, with traces of Cherokee and even a bit of Russian background with my ancestors.

As of right now, I don't know what to truly classify myself as, but for the time being, I say I'm mostly Polish, as that is where most of my traditional heritage comes from.

electronic456
01-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Where in Oz are you electronic?

Melbourne

Foxwolf
01-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Nice, I'm an Adelaide boy myself.

pete
01-24-2014, 03:42 PM
About Moderator In Training, do you need specific equipment to qualify or do you get help with what you don't have?

TylerMirage
01-27-2014, 11:22 PM
About Moderator In Training, do you need specific equipment to qualify or do you get help with what you don't have?

Depends. You need to be able to have consistent access to image-editing programs (GIMP, Photoshop, etc.) and be proficient with them.

Sound-editing programs/skills are optional. They're not a requirement, but they definitely help.

What kinds of programs and skills do you have at your disposal, pete?

DreamMaster08X
01-27-2014, 11:35 PM

If you are looking into helping out with image editing/cropping, there's a program I use called "iPiccy". It's been extremely effective for me, and it's very efficient and speedy to use should you start editing often.

http://ipiccy.com/

If you are looking for equipment in other areas of work for the site, then I don't think I could help much there.

electronic456
01-27-2014, 11:40 PM
If you are looking into helping out with image editing/cropping, there's a program I use called "iPiccy". It's been extremely effective for me, and it's very efficient and speedy to use should you start editing often.

http://ipiccy.com/

If you are looking for equipment in other areas of work for the site, then I don't think I could help much there.

Looks nice. :yes:
Cropping an image for me is time consuming. It goes like this.

1. Go to Paint, resize to correct dimensions.
2. Go to this site to reduce the byte size.
http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/#.Uuc0eBB9LIU
3.When I make requests, I'll use my Photobucket to host that image.:pullinghair:

TylerMirage
01-27-2014, 11:46 PM
Looks nice. :yes:
Cropping an image for me is time consuming. It goes like this.

1. Go to Paint, resize to correct dimensions.
2. Go to this site to reduce the byte size.
http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/#.Uuc0eBB9LIU
3.When I make requests, I'll use my Photobucket to host that image.:pullinghair:

Do you have Photoshop? It's super simple with Photoshop.

electronic456
01-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Do you have Photoshop? It's super simple with Photoshop.

Yeah I have CS5.1 Adobe Design Premium, but not CS6.

TylerMirage
02-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Yeah I have CS5.1 Adobe Design Premium, but not CS6.

Providing you're even slightly more than a novice with Photoshop, that'd do just fine.

I'm assuming you know your way around basic 'Shopping skills?

electronic456
02-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Providing you're even slightly more than a novice with Photoshop, that'd do just fine.

I'm assuming you know your way around basic 'Shopping skills?

Sorry for the late reply but yes I'm familiar with my Photoshop software.

brodyVO
03-14-2014, 08:33 AM
For Posting Threads of New Shows, Movies and Games with pictures. I usually Import Picture by clicking "Print-Screen" Button and Pasting it to Windows "Painter" Software. Cropping/Shrinkng/Editing is no Problem. Then, I Dropped the pictures i chose and Imported into my library in "Photobucket". And Finally, I'm Posting links of All the photos i need for posting my latest Thread.

Fortenium
04-16-2014, 05:24 PM
I can definitely help.
* Photoshop (9+ yrs. experience)
* Audio Hijack (ripping sounds from programs like VLC or Firefox)
* VLC (for screencapping easily)
* Game Capture HD (recording video games or apps like Netflix)
* Goldwave (favourite audio program)
Just let me know if you'd like my help.

brodyVO
04-17-2014, 02:00 AM
In about 3 weeks, I helped Finding many Missing credited characters for Completing Movie threads - I mean all the characters that listed in the missing list in any movie I picked up. I also made the completion of some movies much easier for the administrators, thanks to Picresize and Photobucket.