PDA

View Full Version : Superman VS. The Elite

Jackson_H
03-16-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pw3qjc5HjM

I'm trying to reserve judgment until I actually watch it but the designs look a bit goofy and the story doesn't seem that interesting.

Foxwolf
03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
My lack of interest for this has been solidified. I'm normally not superficial when it comes to animation, but this looks horribly cheap, esp for a DC animated movie. Can someone confirm if this is the style that's used in the comic from which this story is derived? I can't imagine DC would approve this art style.

The story and character development would have to be beyond amazing to make up for the ugly.

UltimateCharm
03-16-2012, 08:22 PM
The animation is weird for a DC Comics animated feature. Regardless, I'm still holding back judgement until more is released.

Foxwolf
03-16-2012, 08:29 PM
I will say that I love that George Newbern is reprising Superman. I love both his and Daly's performances and see them as equals.

pete
06-16-2012, 08:41 PM
This is by far George Newbern's best performance as Superman. I'll say SPOiLIER even though it doesn't reveal much but at the end he gives the best speech he ever did as Superman. I've always preferred him speech wise over Tim Daly who is better for angry Superman and usually he's a bit better for the moral standards part of him as well due to his deeper voice but here again I'll say SPOILER to avoid ruing the film for those who hadn't seen this yet but what a performance by Newbern towards to the end and like I said before his best performance yet. I recommend this to all DCAU fans or fans of George Newbern's take on the Man Of Steel.

ConfusedPhantom
06-17-2012, 03:56 PM
SPOILER. The moment he dropped into his Sephiroth voice, I got pretty freaked out. I don't know what kind of voodoo Andrea Romano worked on Newbern's Sephiroth voice, but good god he never sounded this scary.