PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly an error, but a request for change.

Dogman15
05-28-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/tv-shows/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic/Daisy/
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=452733278075091&id=256050671110439

Andrea Libman answered my question about voicing Daisy in S2E8. However, Daisy has different voice actors in other episodes. Andrea only confirmed voicing Daisy in "The Mysterious Mare Do Well". The current image is from "The Ticket Master". Could you change the icon for Daisy to something from this screenshot?

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Witness_to_a_great_rescue_S2E08.png

NCZ
05-28-2012, 10:48 AM
It really doesn't matter which episode an image comes from as long as it represents the character.

Dogman15
05-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Well, it's just a little misleading. The background voices change a lot on the show and aren't consistent, and that image might lead people to believe that Andrea always voices Daisy, and/or that she voiced Daisy in "The Ticket Master". Kinda a unique situation.

NCZ
05-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't think that's a concern. To be honest, they'd have to be pretty hardcore fans to begin with to notice immediately which episode it's from.

Dogman15
05-28-2012, 11:00 AM
There are more hardcore fans than you think. ;)

NCZ
05-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Believe me, I'm more than aware of this show's fanbase.

Anyway, this decision should end up being made by the person responsible for updating the show's profile, though my vote is that unless it's a significantly better image, it's fine the way it is.

OptimusSolo
05-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Who is Jordan Olling? Is that you dogman? You should really be careful about the number of messages you send a voice actor and how you word them and put them together - if I was a voice actor I would have been completely annoyed and put off by that thread of comments

And no, we don't change character images to fit a specific voice actor - Daisy can only have one image so it wouldn't fit all of the episodes each voice actor was in anyways.

Dogman15
05-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, that's me. Andrea was perfectly fine with my questions, and I let her direct the conversation. She wasn't bothered, as far as I could/can tell.

Foxwolf
05-28-2012, 09:42 PM
In the future we may build that functionality to match a character image and a VA (coz I'll be honest that's kinda cool) but the site doesn't currently support that, let alone multiple character images. But thanks for sharing your idea :)

OptimusSolo
05-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Yes, that's me. Andrea was perfectly fine with my questions, and I let her direct the conversation. She wasn't bothered, as far as I could/can tell.

well thats all a matter of perception and you can't really know how she felt so its kind of silly to assume you can. I am not saying she was annoyed, I was just giving you some friendly advice that when you talk to these professionals you need to word your messages a little more carefully and not bombard them with so many replies at one time. Its advice, you can take it or leave it...but I have a TON of experience corresponding with voice actors as well as interviewing them personally.

pokemastanumba1
06-07-2012, 09:13 PM
You should really be careful about the number of messages you send a voice actor and how you word them and put them together - if I was a voice actor I would have been completely annoyed and put off by that thread of comments.
well thats all a matter of perception and you can't really know how she felt so its kind of silly to assume you can. I am not saying she was annoyed, I was just giving you some friendly advice that when you talk to these professionals you need to word your messages a little more carefully and not bombard them with so many replies at one time. Its advice, you can take it or leave it...but I have a TON of experience corresponding with voice actors as well as interviewing them personally.

Well, you can't tell if she's actually bothered at all by that thread of comments either, but from what I see, she doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I'm sure that if she did, she would've expressed that or deleted the whole thread altogether. Your advice isn't bad at all, but it's not very helpful, especially in this case where there isn't any problem.

To each his/her own, I guess. I just don't like it when someone starts a flame war for no reason whatsoever.